N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#501)
Old

Car: Q50s rs400 rwd
Default ?? - 08-24-2017, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 305Rs400
Currently have my rs400 set on map 3 @+4.2 boost safety running on an e30 mix, car is running hard...!
Now @terry, would you think it's possible to try out +5 boost safety on an rs400? I wouldn't be running it like this all the time, just curious as to see how it reacts ��
?
(#502)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 RS
Default 08-24-2017, 06:21 PM

Another question. I don't need to connect the Tuner to the car in order for me to be able to upgrade the firmware correct? I can just connect laptop to cable to tuner and do it right on my desk. Still waiting on my car from the dealer
(#503)
Old

Default 08-24-2017, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_L
It needs to be connected to the car to power it.
Oh dayumn lol. 12 Volts needed lol

Thanks.
(#504)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 Red Sport AWD
Default 08-25-2017, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
But more importantly, if you are not prepared to potentially pay for any damage you may cause in the quest for more power, however unlikely that may be, just don't modify.
I appreciate your directness and honesty. After considering your statement I have to conclude that I am not prepared to pay for damage that I may cause in my quest for more power.

I love to lease because I want to never worry about paying the repair costs for these expensive cars. I was recently in a car accident with my previous Q50 Hybrid, not my fault, and had my front bumper removed from my car. That repair was $16,000. I can only image what the cost of repairing these new VR engines would be.

I have done research on your brand and have seen nothing but high marks and reviews from your customers. I have no doubt your product for the Q50 is great and wish my financial situation was a bit different so I could enjoy the benefits and not worry about any, however unlikely, consequences.
(#505)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-25-2017, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 305Rs400
?
When making setting changes outside the norm you'll have to reply on your own ability and judgement. It's probably going to be OK for a run or two to evaluate but not something we've tested here.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#506)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-25-2017, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_L
Look at the turbos. Theres really not a lot of room in them from what I've read. They're too small for big power and aren't easily replaceable. The Q50/60 platform is going to be limited until somebody finds a way to swap over the GT-R heads, manifolds and turbos (which, for all I know could be a direct swap).
The turbos are a limiting factor around 420whp. But I have no doubt hybrids will spring up for the platform for the hard-core guys. And I want to make sure we have easy to install and safe WMI kits ready go to for them.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#507)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-25-2017, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericahls
I appreciate your directness and honesty. After considering your statement I have to conclude that I am not prepared to pay for damage that I may cause in my quest for more power.
No problem. Keep in mind this thread is not for "do I want to modify my car" discussions.... It's for people who have decided to modify and want more information on the BMS Stage1 tuner. We'll be cleaning out the off topic posts at some point.

Burger Motorsports

(#508)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 Red Sport
Default 08-25-2017, 02:42 PM

@Terry, I appreciate your answering the seemingly endless questions that have only the slightest tweak from those you have answered previously. I see that as a commitment to your customer's satisfaction with your product. Every time I think I have emptied the well of useful info, I learn something new from the Q&A's. Thanks for a healthy discussion about what is and what may not be a good idea. I still do not have a good answer about how well the ***** I ordered from Fast Intentions will work with your product, but hope to learn more from the experience of others. We ALL learn from experience. It is usually cheaper to learn from the experience of others. Thanks for the forum to do so.
(#509)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0t (300hp) AWD
Default 08-26-2017, 12:22 PM

Hey Terry... Visconti Tuning is gonna be selling their own type heat exchanger for the Q... wondering if I were to purchase that if I can increase boost??

2017 Q50 3.0t Silver Sport (AWD)
(#510)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-26-2017, 06:12 PM

Looking forward to checking their technical data when released. If it lowers intake temps and reduces restriction, maybe.

Burger Motorsports

(#511)
Old

Default 08-26-2017, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Looking forward to checking their technical data when released. If it lowers intake temps and reduces restriction, maybe.
Oh nice... maybe you guys can get one of those and test it out

(#512)
Old

Car: 2016 Q50 SS
Default 08-27-2017, 02:17 PM

I've updated to the latest firmware ad played with both 30 and 36. I can't notice a difference lol. Should the higher number lesson the tendency to want to up shift to soon with partial throttle? I'm running +6 on 94 octane (Silver Sport)
(#513)
Old

Car: 2016 Q50 3.0t Silver Sport
Default 08-28-2017, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brecker
I've updated to the latest firmware ad played with both 30 and 36. I can't notice a difference lol. Should the higher number lesson the tendency to want to up shift to soon with partial throttle? I'm running +6 on 94 octane (Silver Sport)
Yes, and in my car 45 is the number that I have and works great. I didn't try 40 though so not sure how it will feel with that.

2018 Infiniti Q50 3.0t Red Sport 400
-BMS JB4 Map 6 @4psi
(#514)
Old

Car: 2016 Q50 SS
Default 08-28-2017, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelwarrior
Yes, and in my car 45 is the number that I have and works great. I didn't try 40 though so not sure how it will feel with that.
Excellent thank you. How does 45 affect the power?
(#515)
Old

Car: 2016 Q50 3.0t Silver Sport
Default 08-28-2017, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brecker
Excellent thank you. How does 45 affect the power?
I have the 45 setting for over 3 weeks now and haven't notice any change in power. The only noticeable change was going back to stock-alike smooth acceleration under low throttle situations and no early shifting. I read some users having it at 30 and working great but in my case 30 showed the same symptoms as 0. I guess it varies from car to car and their respective setups/mods. I want to try 40 but I hadn't have a chance yet. I don't have the Bluetooth connector so I have to make changes with the laptop.

2018 Infiniti Q50 3.0t Red Sport 400
-BMS JB4 Map 6 @4psi
(#516)
Old

Default 08-29-2017, 06:31 PM

Finally got my car back from the dealer and installed and updated firmware.
Now a few things I noticed that are sparking questions in my head so I know how exactly how this works and not overboost my car.

a) When in Map1 the boost safety field reads 0. Is it understood that by default in Map1, even though this field reads 0, that it is defaulting at 3psi? No where else does it say 3 psi. Is this statement all correct?

b) If I change it to Map 3 and change Boost Safety to 4 (Red sport) that I will be adding 4psi total OVER whatever stock is, correct?

c) Also when changing from Map 3 with Boost safety at 4, back to Map 1, the Boost safety field keeps the number 4 in the Boost Safety field even though Map1 is selected. Do I have to 0 out this field when back to Map1? I wouldn't think so if map1 is a whole different selection.

Thanks.

Last edited by y2k2s2k; 08-29-2017 at 06:37 PM..
(#517)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-29-2017, 06:40 PM

a) The boost target shown on the user adjustment page only applies to map3.
b) A peak of 4psi over stock, at lower engine speed and throttle position, less than 4psi, obviously.
c) You can move between maps freely and the map3 setting will remain saved.

Burger Motorsports

(#518)
Old

Default 08-29-2017, 07:48 PM

Quote:
a) The boost target shown on the user adjustment page only applies to map3.
b) A peak of 4psi over stock, at lower engine speed and throttle position, less than 4psi, obviously.
c) You can move between maps freely and hte map3 setting will remain saved.
Thanks so much for replying promptly
(#519)
Old

Default 08-30-2017, 02:57 AM

Hey Terry another video posted by Visconti Tuning against your product lol, i don't know if they get that the Stage 1is a cheaper way to boost your car without voiding warranty or maybe their just trying to advertise their product against yours to get more people to realize you get better performance with ecutek. I really hope you guys will go for the jb4 on this car especially that this an adorable car that you see everywhere compared to BMW which is a much much higher class and more expensive. Trust me I would love to have a M3/M4/M5 but no way i can afford that lol

(#520)
Old

Car: Q50
Default 08-30-2017, 03:08 AM

3.98 0-60 23 degres rs+3psi awd
(#521)
Old

Car: Q50 RS400
Default 08-30-2017, 05:59 AM

Is anyone running a RS with 4psi and Wastegate set at 40? Looking to boost performance from 3psi and smoothing out the power.
(#522)
Old

Car: 2017 Q60
Default 08-30-2017, 11:06 AM

I just adjusted mine to 40 and it shifts much smoother.
(#523)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-30-2017, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0t2bmiirii
Hey Terry another video posted by Visconti Tuning against your product lol, i don't know if they get that the Stage 1is a cheaper way to boost your car without voiding warranty or maybe their just trying to advertise their product against yours to get more people to realize you get better performance with ecutek. I really hope you guys will go for the jb4 on this car especially that this an adorable car that you see everywhere compared to BMW which is a much much higher class and more expensive. Trust me I would love to have a M3/M4/M5 but no way i can afford that lol
I have little interest in what that company is doing to market themselves. For those who want flash tuning there are much better and more professional EcuTek tuners out there. I'd suggest Seb over at Specialty Z.

Burger Motorsports

(#524)
Old

Car: Q50 RS400
Default 08-30-2017, 04:42 PM

Just adjusted boost safety 4.0 and wastegate at 35. Running 93 octane. Pulls hard and pretty smooth. Maybe a wastegate setting of 40 would make it a little smoother?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBQ60
I just adjusted mine to 40 and it shifts much smoother.
(#525)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0T Premium RWD
Default 08-30-2017, 05:20 PM

Quick update: JB1 installed on 7/10 - upgraded the install with the BT Kit on 8/5. I have been running an E30 fuel blend (1:4 ratio of E85 and 93 octane.) I'm still running with the "beta" firmware since 8/8. Countless test runs - various ambient temps (North Texas) & I have zeroed in on my RWD SS's favorite settings. Boost Safety - 7.2 / DWP 38. If I have to temporarily run only 93 octane fuel (road trips in TX) I back off the Boost Safety to 6 - via my iPhone thanks to the JB4 app and BT Kit. The performance is amazing - just took yet another RS (his jaw just dropped at the next light.) He asked what I had done to my SS and I replied - JB1 baby!

Now for those BMS Intakes - any photos yet?!?