JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2017 VW GTI
Default Did I just break my JB4? Firmware was looping and I stopped the application - 04-24-2022, 09:52 AM

I was trying to update the firmware and have done this with PCs and know not to interrupt it. However it kept restarting and after awhile I wasnt sure what to do. I stopped the app when it said restarting and now it wont connect to the JB4 at all via the USB com port.

I tried restarting the app etc and same thing. Did I just break the unit? Not sure if I can drive the car etc. Help...
(#2)
Old

Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 04-24-2022, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertinohio
I was trying to update the firmware and have done this with PCs and know not to interrupt it. However it kept restarting and after awhile I wasnt sure what to do. I stopped the app when it said restarting and now it wont connect to the JB4 at all via the USB com port.

I tried restarting the app etc and same thing. Did I just break the unit? Not sure if I can drive the car etc. Help...
Usually if it does not load the firmware the unit is bricked especially if idle etc is not good.
A replacement master chip can be found here, get the VW in the drop down menu: https://burgertuning.com/collections...-jb4-2580-chip

You can email me at george@burgertuning.com for directions on how to change it.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
2021 VW Golf 8 R