N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
VTT ***** *****

Car: All Things Booost
Default VTT/VPG Announcement: GC Release & Updates - 05-24-2016, 11:53 PM

Hey Everyone,

It’s about time for some exciting announcements from VTT. This has been a long time coming! As most of you know, I've taken over online representation for Vargas (mostly... he still posts here some) -but that's not the only thing I do for fun.

The overarching announcement is that VTT is now one piece of a bigger group; Vargas Performance Group, or VPG. There are 3 major parts of VPG:

1: VTT (Vargas Turbocharger Technologies): Turbocharger Manufacture/Repair/Upgrades/Sales
2: VPP (Vargas Performance Products): Performance Parts Manufacture/Sales
3: VHP (Vargas Hi Performance): Turbocharger & Performance Parts Installation/Service

I’ll quickly go over some announcements as they pertain to each category:

VTT NEWS

GC's: This is the one many of you have been waiting for. You know the ones -the stock location twin turbo setup that made 736 whp. Just look at the power under the curve! Street spool will be even better! The VTT GC’s have started arriving at VTT headquarters and the first sets have already shipped. We expect a second shipment shortly and the remainder of them by the first week in June. The plan is to quickly get caught up on all existing orders and soon after be in a position such that they are available for same day shipping. Note for those who got the ceramic coating; as of this week, it’s adding around a week to the ship date.

Bundles: GC’s can now be bundled with installation ($1000 for inst. labor at VHP, more on that later) and/or a tune (see website for details).

93 Octane Testing: I know there are some unfortunate souls out there who don't have access to E85 and for whatever reason don't want to use methanol. For them, we WILL be doing some pump gas testing. Expect this late 2nd quarter/very early 3rd quarter (read that: around July). I don't even want to speculate on dyno numbers -we'll find out while testing and post those results.

VPP NEWS

Vargas Performance Products. These are all teasers -think of this post as a quick look into the VPP crystal ball looking forward. Here is one thing in the works for VPP and one thing we're just too excited about not to share:

Line Lock Kit: Here are a couple development pics posted down below -not final config by any means. This will fit all E9X and E8X, not sure about 535's or Z4's -we'll be looking for testers for those.

Transmission Fun: By now everyone and their grandmother has heard the awesome news about Nizpro and the magic they're doing with transmissions. We're working directly with them and will have one the first fully built and flashed transmissions from them. While this (obviously) isn't a VPP product, we're very excited about this and have some high hopes for this really being a huge jump forward for the platform.

VHP NEWS

Wouldn't you rather have your turbos installed by the same guys who made them? A shop that understands turbos and has 100+ installs under their belts? If you're within driving distance of Hayward, CA, you can buy turbos, schedule an install, and have VHP install them for $1000 labor. Of course you still need to buy your gaskets (we have an installation kit for $230) and do an oil change while you're there, but it makes for a pretty good deal -especially after the GC's are in stock and available same-day.

OTHER STUFF

Expect more updates with more products, more accurate ship-by dates and more options for everyone.

And I'm just getting started...

Chris
Attached Images

Chris - VTT Forum Representative
For fastest response: Chris@Vargasturbo.com
www.Vargasturbo.com

Last edited by Chris@VargasTurboTech; 05-25-2016 at 10:14 AM..
(#2)
Old

Car: e90 335i xdrive
Default 05-25-2016, 01:08 AM

Things are getting even more exciting in this platform

2010 e90 m-sport a/w xdrive, jb4, d_wnpipes, muffler delete, 40/60 e85/93 RIP
2010 e90 a/w xdrive mhd v5 e40 map, ar d_wnPipes, vrsf charge pipe, tial blow off valve.
95 civic-k24 block-k20 head-12.5:1 c/r pistons-drag cartel stg 4 cams-ported rbc mani-q45 90mm tb-ssr headers- 3" exhaust, 300+whp, under 2000 lbs with driver.
(#3)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 05-25-2016, 02:06 AM

Well done Chris, on a serious note how long before these items are available to ship, ie. Line lock kit.

|RB old gen|Jb4 G5|3" DP's|ER Competition Cooler|ER Charge pipe|Tial BOV|CM Meth Kit|Dual nozzle setup|BMS cowl filters|AFE intakes+scoops|
|BMS low temp oil thermo|MHD flash + coding|HnR Springs|M3 Control arm kit + H&R + Koni|LED Angel eyes+plate lights
(#4)
Old

Car: E90 335i
Default 05-25-2016, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kish2604
Well done Chris, on a serious note how long before these items are available to ship, ie. Line lock kit.
Have an idea on pricing?
(#5)
Old

Car: 2007 335i
Default 05-25-2016, 07:22 AM

Nice! I'm liking the line lock kit.
(#6)
Old

Car: 2010 335i and 2006 M3
Default 05-25-2016, 10:17 AM

Ready for mine. Been pushing off races. Missed the half mile event 2 weeks ago too
(#7)
Old
VTT ***** *****

Default 05-25-2016, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kish2604
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90gone
Have an idea on pricing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007335i
Nice! I'm liking the line lock kit.
Those products are still in development -meaning, things are going well (or we wouldn't have announced the teaser) but until we finish development any date I give you would just be a guess. Being as you're asking me for a guess, I'd feel comfortable stating 3rd quarter 2016 for a fairly low-risk estimation. Price hasn't been determined yet -will depend on final configuration.

Chris

www.Vargasturbo.com
(#8)
Old

Default 05-25-2016, 10:28 AM

Built trans be cool. Hadnt heard about them actually
(#9)
Old

Car: 2008 335 AT
Default 05-25-2016, 11:56 AM

Give me line lock now! Thanks lol
(#10)
Old
VTT ***** *****

Default 06-01-2016, 03:14 PM

Update:

-All silicone charge ***** in stock with same or next day shipping.

-All inlets in stock except 1.75" recirc, which are back ordered.

Turbo wait time as of 6/1/16:

OEM: 7 business days
Stage 1: 15 business days
Stage 2: 30-45 business days
Stage 2+: Replaced by GC's
GC's: Shipping now, stock moving quickly.

Chris

www.Vargasturbo.com
(#11)
Old

Default 06-09-2016, 05:12 AM

Was there ever the drawing for the pre order refund?
(#12)
Old
VTT ***** *****

Default 06-10-2016, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick4588
Was there ever the drawing for the pre order refund?
Not yet -there will still be a giveaway though.

www.Vargasturbo.com
(#13)
Old
VTT ***** *****

Default 06-10-2016, 09:04 AM

Quick Update!

GC's are shipping, and if you were one of the few that ordered ceramic coated GC's... they're very pretty. Take a look below!

On other fronts, product development is going very well. Look for a Line Lock Group Buy thread soon.

Here is a teaser for what we're working on now! It's an add-on oil cooler (keep your oem one!). Target price $799.
Attached Images

www.Vargasturbo.com
(#14)
Old
VTT ***** *****

Default 06-11-2016, 07:29 PM

Little update; Tony took the car to the track for some shakedown runs. Tuning isn't there yet -running 27 psi and 8* of timing. Still some solid trap speeds. 10.8 @ 132 and 11.2 @ 135 is hauling. Just wait until we get the transmission and tuning squared away...
Attached Images

www.Vargasturbo.com
(#15)
Old

Default 06-12-2016, 05:44 AM

That a manual or auto
(#16)
Old

Car: 2009 BMW 135i 6AT
Default 06-12-2016, 07:47 AM

I believe that's TurboCripple's 135i which is an auto.
(#17)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: E92 335XI
Default 06-12-2016, 08:30 AM

Is this the car with the Level 10 trans?

2007 E90 335i VTT Level 10 trans http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1226580

Right?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#18)
Old

Car: 07 E93 335i 6AT
Default 06-12-2016, 12:01 PM

Any update on wether line lock kit will fit aftermarket BBKs or stock brakes only? I have an AP Racing kit with 6 piston calipers up front
(#19)
Old

Car: E92
Default 06-12-2016, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335IVE
Any update on wether line lock kit will fit aftermarket BBKs or stock brakes only? I have an AP Racing kit with 6 piston calipers up front
I haven't seen their kit in person, but it should fit any brake kit as they all use the same sized lines. The line lock is just solenoid that goes in series in the brake line. Doesn't affect brake hardware.

TS N54
(#20)
Old
VTT ***** *****

Default 06-12-2016, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick4588
That a manual or auto
An auto sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSick174
I believe that's TurboCripple's 135i which is an auto.
No sir, it's an e90.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvo0208
Is this the car with the Level 10 trans?

2007 E90 335i VTT Level 10 trans http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1226580

Right?
That is the car!
Attached Images

www.Vargasturbo.com
(#21)
Old
VTT ***** *****

Default 06-12-2016, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335IVE
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leopard
I haven't seen their kit in person, but it should fit any brake kit as they all use the same sized lines. The line lock is just solenoid that goes in series in the brake line. Doesn't affect brake hardware.
As long as the fittings to the caliper are the same, it should work, but we'd need to test fit. There is a group buy post in the for-sale section where I mention that we're open to a tester or two for BBK's. Or to argue about shipping, lol.

Chris

www.Vargasturbo.com
(#22)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: E92 335XI
Default 06-12-2016, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris@VargasTurboTech
An auto sir!

No sir, it's an e90.

That is the car!
How did the lvl10 like the power? Seems like some say it's great, some say it blows massive c0ck...

Also- for some reason I always remember DZ @ PTF tuning for you guys, has he moved completely over to Porsche stuff?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#23)
Old
VTT ***** *****

Default 06-12-2016, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvo0208
How did the lvl10 like the power? Seems like some say it's great, some say it blows massive c0ck...

Also- for some reason I always remember DZ @ PTF tuning for you guys, has he moved completely over to Porsche stuff?
It wasn't perfect. Hoping that the work that NIZPRO does takes it the rest of the way. The auto def gets cranky at the higher horsepower levels, nothing new there.

Not sure on DZ, I think he's been very busy in development, I didn't ask Tony about the tuning end of things.

www.Vargasturbo.com
(#24)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 06-13-2016, 11:00 AM

nice!!! looks like replacing turbo's is about to become alot easier and cheaper........
That might be the deciding factor me going with VTT over Pure and RB.

|2008 135i N54 | VRSF FBO| Motiv Port Injection | BMS PI Controller| AD-E ST Kit 6062 | JB4 G5 ISO 13.0 | BMS ST/MHD E85 Flash | 60% e70 | Fuel-It Stage3 LPFP | Spec2+/SMFW |3.5 TMAP | NLS

"stock"
(#25)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 06-13-2016, 01:08 PM

Looks great!! cant wait to get those line locks

N54 135 DCT conversion, SSP R clutches, Single turbo, hotside cp, Helix fmic, TFT inlets and CP, Tial bov, RB pcv valve and pcv solution, blocked head ports, Fuelit stage 3, CPE port injection, BMS DCI, JB4. Best 1/4 et 10.81@132