N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#226)
Old

Car: 07 335i MT
Default 09-06-2017, 07:49 PM

Hi Terry. I think many of us are curious if Kline going to happen at all? I understand that you are busy but an estimated eta would be much appreciated.
(#227)
Old

Default 09-27-2017, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunanocrust
Hi Terry. I think many of us are curious if Kline going to happen at all? I understand that you are busy but an estimated eta would be much appreciated.
Just following up on this. Any update?

Again, I understand you must be very busy. Thank you in advance.
(#228)
Old

Car: Bmw e92 335i
Default 10-02-2017, 05:36 AM

Quote:

+1 would be a great tool!

VTT Stage 2+ turbos, BMS JB4, EOS PI with BMS controller, RB Inlets and Outlets, VRSF CP and Intercooler. Tial bov, miltek exhaust. Tuned by Trebila. Bimmer Life coils, step 2 colder plugs, Full M3 rear end conversion.
11.04@129.55
(#229)
Old

Default 10-04-2017, 04:23 AM

+1
(#230)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 10-05-2017, 04:52 PM

Running ST mhd/bms 13.2 flash. What offset should I use? 132?

|2008 135i N54 | VRSF FBO| Motiv Port Injection | BMS PI Controller| AD-E ST Kit 6062 | JB4 G5 ISO 13.0 | BMS ST/MHD E85 Flash | 60% e70 | Fuel-It Stage3 LPFP | Spec2+/SMFW |3.5 TMAP | NLS

"stock"
(#231)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-05-2017, 05:00 PM

Start that and evaluate from there.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#232)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-05-2017, 05:00 PM

Quote:

Almost got it working the other day but hit another snag. KLINE cars are such a headache. We're slowly working on it though!

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#233)
Old

Car: 2007 335i 6mt
Default 10-05-2017, 08:04 PM

are you guys working on this with MHD?
(#234)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-05-2017, 08:33 PM

Has nothing to do with our back end flash maps.

Burger Motorsports

(#235)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-09-2017, 11:21 AM

Good news, got the virtual flex fuel logic working for KLINE cars. We'll need a few people to help test it out. Once it's verified working we'll start working on some VFF algorithm improvements I've been cooking up.

For the firmware just email me and specify twin or single turbo.

Burger Motorsports

(#236)
Old

Default 10-09-2017, 12:39 PM

Hi Terry,

That is great news! I would be happy to test out the new firmware. Not sure how to email you personally though - your PM is disabled.

Thank you!
(#237)
Old

Car: 335i coupe
Default 10-09-2017, 02:58 PM

Awesome news!

07 335i AT/CUSTOM 6870 GEN2 ST/VAC ENGINE AND STAGE 3 HEAD/FABFACTORY INTAKE W/PI/1000HP AD FMIC/EOS BILLET FUEL SETUP/BL COILS/DUAL OIL COOLERS/RB EXTERNAL PCV/PD TRANY W COOLER/M3 FRONT N REAR SUSPENSION W/ROUGE BEARINGS/HOTCHKIS ADJUSTABLE END LINKS/ADUSTABLE REAR TOE ARMS AND CAMBER LINKS/EIBACH SWAYBARS/BC RACING BR COILOVERS AND CAMBER PLATES/AKG REAR SUBFRAME, DIFF, REAR SHOCK BUSHINGS/POWER FLEX BUSHINGS/WAVETRAC REAR DIFF WITH DEFIV BRACE AND VAC COVER/4IN EXHAUST
(#238)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 E93
Default 10-09-2017, 03:15 PM

How does the virtual ethanol work ? I noticed it changes values when I change fuel bias on pi. Same gas in the tank.
(#239)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-10-2017, 05:01 PM

Only heard from one potential KLINE tester so far... Where are you guys?

Also note when updating firmware the DME has to reset for the new commands to take effect. So lock doors, wait 5 min, and restart, is the quickest way to reset it.

Burger Motorsports

(#240)
Old

Default 10-10-2017, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Only heard from one potential KLINE tester so far... Where are you guys?

Also note when updating firmware the DME has to reset for the new commands to take effect. So lock doors, wait 5 min, and restart, is the quickest way to reset it.

I would like to be a tester. Please email me the firmware at zachh805@yahoo.com.
(#241)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-10-2017, 08:49 PM

Email me at terry@burgertuning.com if you want to help test.

Burger Motorsports

(#242)
Old

Car: Bmw e92 335i
Default 10-11-2017, 07:01 AM

emailed Terry

VTT Stage 2+ turbos, BMS JB4, EOS PI with BMS controller, RB Inlets and Outlets, VRSF CP and Intercooler. Tial bov, miltek exhaust. Tuned by Trebila. Bimmer Life coils, step 2 colder plugs, Full M3 rear end conversion.
11.04@129.55
(#243)
Old

Default 10-11-2017, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russjonesr
emailed Terry

+1
(#244)
Old
Inner Circle Member

Car: 2009 535i Sport SAT
Default 10-11-2017, 10:32 AM

So is the best way to start using the VFF field:
needs to be calibrated using a fuel with verified ethanol content (i.e. straight 93 pump) and adjust the offset up/down until it matches the advertised ethanol content of the gas? i.e. if the pump 93 oct gas states "up to 10% ethanol" on the pump, then should adjust until I see something in the 5-10 range on the VFF field.
Just want to make sure I'm not missing something.
I normally run ~60-70% e85 and a custom flash, so I'll have to flash back to stock/non-e85 tune, change the JB4 menu setting, run out the e85, fill up with 93 oct, run it for a few-several days to monitor and fine-tune the offset value.

At that point, once it looks like the ethanol reading offset is dialed in, can go back to higher ethanol mixes and cutom e85 map with confidence that readings are somewhat close to accurate - correct?

2017 AMG C63 - JB4 - 11.69 @ 127 (dragy)
2009 BMW 535i - 548 whp - sold
(#245)
Old

Car: 2007 BMW E91 335Xi
Default 10-11-2017, 11:36 AM

Testing in progress.
Waiting for the value to stabilize as it's still climbing.

But seems to be working at least.
Running E85 flash and as soon the value settles I will fine tune the vff field.

But it takes a LOT of idling/waiting for the value to rise to the 40 % i have in tank.

Is there any way to speed up the proces?
Been idling for 10 min and only got 15 so far.
(#246)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-11-2017, 12:52 PM

We may need to tweak the algorithm for KLINE as a few minor changes were needed. I'd just drive around and do what you normally do and let it do its thing in the background.

Burger Motorsports

(#247)
Old

Default 10-11-2017, 01:28 PM

Update for Kline;
Running e40
Race BEF
VSO set to 146
76 degrees ambient air temp

Sitting at idle - without A/C (seems to make a big difference) for calibration, seems to be accurate, fluctuates between 38-41% on the gauge

I'll update more as conditions change
(#248)
Old

Default 10-11-2017, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Update for Kline;
Running e40
Race BEF
VSO set to 146
76 degrees ambient air temp

Sitting at idle - without A/C (seems to make a big difference) for calibration, seems to be accurate, fluctuates between 38-41% on the gauge

I'll update more as conditions change
When turning the A/C on full blast at idle the gauge shoots up a little more than 10% (gauge fluctuates between 52-55% with a/c on, all else equal)
(#249)
Old

Car: 07 BMW 335i
Default 10-11-2017, 01:39 PM

Quote:
When turning the A/C on full blast at idle the gauge shoots up a little more than 10% (gauge fluctuates between 52-55% with a/c on, all else equal)
Well that would be over 20% which seems to be quite a difference. Surprised the A/C would have anything to do with it.

VTT Stage 2+ | JB4 G5 w/ Trebila BEF | Fuel-It Stage 3 | XHP Stage 3 | BL Coils | VTT Inlets | MMP Outlets | BMS Meth Dual 10/5CM | VRSF 7" FMIC | VRSF **'s | BMS CP | BMS DCI | Turbosmart Dual Port | 3.5 TMAP | BMS OCC | VTT PVC | BMS Anti-Lag | NGK 5992 | M3 Rear Upper Controls And Godspeed TB's | Lock-Down Brace | 235/285-18 PSS
(#250)
Old

Default 10-11-2017, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54QC
Well that would be over 20% which seems to be quite a difference. Surprised the A/C would have anything to do with it.
I think you know what I meant - 10 percentage points higher on the gauge...

As Terry advised, it only learns at idle -> A/C increases idle. It isn't ideal but I can see how it may be related...

Don't think I heard any news of this issue with the non-Kline cars though. I'm sure Terry can chime in - maybe this was one of the changes that they already caught.