N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#201)
Old

Car: 2007 335i E-92 6AT
Default 07-28-2017, 02:59 AM

K-line waiting patiently....

2007 AW 335i E-92 6AT MMP Stage 3 @ 25psi / JB4 G5 ISO / XHP STG3 / VRSF D-Ps / MMP INLETS&OUTLETS / WEDGE MHD E50 BACKEND / CW EXHAUST / CPe CP / GReddy RS BOV / BMS METH KIT / WAGNER IC / PR STAGE3 LPFP 10.92 @ 132 1.72 60ft 6.96 @ 103 1.55 60ft
(#202)
Old

Car: 2008 335i 6MT
Default 07-28-2017, 07:09 AM

I need help.

What option do I select here? I wanted to try the virtual sensor. However, my car is Euro spec so I think it doesn´t have a DTML
Attached Images

'08 335i E92 - JB4 G5 - Trebila tune - NGK's 95770@.022 - k@less ***** - BMS DCI - Phoenix CP - MMP stock loction inlets - VRSF 7" intercooler - Fuel it stage 2 lpfp - 335is clutch - Mfactory LSD - Diff lock down kit - 2step/NLS
(#203)
Old

Car: 335xi - jb4 - DCI
Default 07-28-2017, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazRedGT
K-line waiting patiently....
+1

2007 335xi (I8A0S kline) -- VTT GC lites + inlets + outlets -- Fuel-it stg 2 lpfp -- CPE catted **, FMIC, CP -- Tial BOV -- BMS DCI + OCC
JB4 + BMS/custom bef (E50)
(#204)
Old
Meth Addict

Car: E90 TiAG 335i Sedan
Default 07-29-2017, 07:49 PM

Have been running the virtual sensor and am getting unstable ethanol readings.i have a ethanol mix in car of e40 but readings after warmed up and running of 21 and my offset is set at 150.should i keep highering the offset?.i am running the latest interface and latest single turbo hex

Another question,does the car perform by the ethanol number thats showing on interface?if its lower vs higher number,example,if its showing a e21 on interface will it be performing by that ethanol number or by the e40 mix number i have mixed in my tank?

Last edited by BOosted 335i; 07-29-2017 at 07:55 PM..
(#205)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-29-2017, 08:35 PM

What BEF?

On the reading it's informational only unless you have selected to scale port injection volume on it.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#206)
Old
Meth Addict

Default 07-30-2017, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
What BEF?

On the reading it's informational only unless you have selected to scale port injection volume on it.
im using the ije0s e85 t/s thr bef single
reading only,ok
no port injection,nothing is checked.
(#207)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-30-2017, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOosted 335i
im using the ije0s e85 t/s thr bef single
reading only,ok
no port injection,nothing is checked.
On the single turbo firmware sometimes o2 faults and sorts can throw off the logic. I'm not entirely sure on your symptoms though. So does it stay at E20? Or give out random readings?

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#208)
Old
Meth Addict

Default 07-30-2017, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
On the single turbo firmware sometimes o2 faults and sorts can throw off the logic. I'm not entirely sure on your symptoms though. So does it stay at E20? Or give out random readings?
i did have a lean afr codes but after disconnecting pins 19/20 & reset adaptation i seem to be ok on that front now.after that with no codes on start up it did say 19(e85),then after warmed up it actually dropped to 17,16,then rose to 20 then 21.now this is from about 20 minutes of driving with couple of logs in there done.but i do know i have a e40 mix for sure.i always test at pump(e85),then mix fuel(e85 & 93 gas) at home and before i pore in tank i check the mixture,its no big deal since its only reading but would be nice if it can be a little accurate.not sure if its due to single turbo setup versus a twin turbo setup.eventually ill go pi and buy the sensor but for now on a virtual setup.
(#209)
Old
Meth Addict

Default 07-30-2017, 09:25 AM

how high can i go on the offset?should i try that?
(#210)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-30-2017, 04:57 PM

It only learns while at idle. You can go as high as you need to get a reasonable residing. I run 160 on our 335is with PUMP BEF.

Burger Motorsports

(#211)
Old

Car: 335i coupe
Default 08-08-2017, 11:11 AM

Hey Terry, any progress on the K-line front? I know your very busy, just wanted to keep it it on your mind.

07 335i AT/CUSTOM 6870 GEN2 ST/VAC ENGINE AND STAGE 3 HEAD/FABFACTORY INTAKE W/PI/1000HP AD FMIC/EOS BILLET FUEL SETUP/BL COILS/DUAL OIL COOLERS/RB EXTERNAL PCV/PD TRANY W COOLER/M3 FRONT N REAR SUSPENSION W/ROUGE BEARINGS/HOTCHKIS ADJUSTABLE END LINKS/ADUSTABLE REAR TOE ARMS AND CAMBER LINKS/EIBACH SWAYBARS/BC RACING BR COILOVERS AND CAMBER PLATES/AKG REAR SUBFRAME, DIFF, REAR SHOCK BUSHINGS/POWER FLEX BUSHINGS/WAVETRAC REAR DIFF WITH DEFIV BRACE AND VAC COVER/4IN EXHAUST
(#212)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-08-2017, 11:40 AM

Sorry haven't had time for it. On the plus side the hardware sensors work great for KLINE cars.

Burger Motorsports

(#213)
Old

Car: 335i coupe
Default 08-08-2017, 11:43 AM

You mean the e-content sensor and analyzer??

07 335i AT/CUSTOM 6870 GEN2 ST/VAC ENGINE AND STAGE 3 HEAD/FABFACTORY INTAKE W/PI/1000HP AD FMIC/EOS BILLET FUEL SETUP/BL COILS/DUAL OIL COOLERS/RB EXTERNAL PCV/PD TRANY W COOLER/M3 FRONT N REAR SUSPENSION W/ROUGE BEARINGS/HOTCHKIS ADJUSTABLE END LINKS/ADUSTABLE REAR TOE ARMS AND CAMBER LINKS/EIBACH SWAYBARS/BC RACING BR COILOVERS AND CAMBER PLATES/AKG REAR SUBFRAME, DIFF, REAR SHOCK BUSHINGS/POWER FLEX BUSHINGS/WAVETRAC REAR DIFF WITH DEFIV BRACE AND VAC COVER/4IN EXHAUST
(#214)
Old

Car: 07 335i MT
Default 08-08-2017, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erichale
Hey Terry, any progress on the K-line front? I know your very busy, just wanted to keep it it on your mind.
+1

Also patiently waiting for Kline
(#215)
Old

Car: E90 335i
Default 08-09-2017, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunanocrust
+1

Also patiently waiting for Kline
+1 more
(#216)
Old

Car: BMW 335i
Default 08-09-2017, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrazyN54
+1 more
+1 ; p

Also my JB4 keeps detecting my ** but I'm in Australia

I thought this was something that only applied to US JB4 users and other parts of the world could still have it off?
(#217)
Old

Car: 2008 BMW 135i E88 N54 6AT
Default 08-09-2017, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamJ
+1 ; p

Also my JB4 keeps detecting my ** but I'm in Australia

I thought this was something that only applied to US JB4 users and other parts of the world could still have it off?
It's your ecu, not the jb4 - if you do a backend flash the light will go away.

If that's not an option (or if it is only an issue for you now after doing an update) you need to turn passive delete back on in settings. This is no longer available via the steering wheel controls, but as an Aussie it's still available via the Bluetooth app (under the wmi menu) or via the PC app with the USB cable.

I found the update defaulted it back to off.
(#218)
Old

Car: BMW 335i
Default 08-09-2017, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xQx
It's your ecu, not the jb4 - if you do a backend flash the light will go away.

If that's not an option (or if it is only an issue for you now after doing an update) you need to turn passive delete back on in settings. This is no longer available via the steering wheel controls, but as an Aussie it's still available via the Bluetooth app (under the wmi menu) or via the PC app with the USB cable.

I found the update defaulted it back to off.
I couldnt find the option to turn off in the phone app

will try with the PC and see if that works thanks
(#219)
Old

Car: 2008 BMW 135i E88 N54 6AT
Default 08-09-2017, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamJ
I couldnt find the option to turn off in the phone app

will try with the PC and see if that works thanks
Icelandic posted a screenshot above on this page. It's in a really screwey place, but it's there. Under ethanol or meth (wmi) options.
(#220)
Old

Car: 2010 535i xDrive
Default 08-20-2017, 08:27 PM

I'm having trouble with the virtual sensor. It seems like it gives random readings, sometimes it goes up or down 20 points without changing fuel. I drained the tank and put 93 octane in and it's still reading as high as E47. When I change the virtual offset, nothing changes. Is it supposed to be instant? I've gone from 120 to 160 and the E content reading remains unchanged. I've tried the E85 and PUMP BEFs. Any ideas?
(#221)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 08-24-2017, 08:18 AM

Does anybody have any data on the offset to run with the Race BEF? Running approximately e30 right now and it's bouncing between e41-e50 with a 140 offset.

Black 2010 E90 335i JB4 G5-iso, Trebila custom MHD BEF, XHP STAGE 3, FBO, MMP Inlets, Stage 2 LPFP, E-60
Black 2003 Cobra
Ported, Sprayed, Full Exhaust, SCT PRP tuned, E-85.
750+ rwhp/900+ rwtq monster

2002 Suzuki GSX-R600 Full bolt-on's
(#222)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-24-2017, 08:24 AM

Try 150.

Burger Motorsports

(#223)
Old

Car: BMW 335I Xdrive
Default 08-24-2017, 08:39 AM

I have mine set at 150......
Usually works, sometimes not, i think it depends on the weather/temperature.

2010 E92 335iX, JB4 G5 ISO, MHD RACE BEF, N20 TMAP SENSOR, VTT GC Lites, VTT Inlets Outlets, BMS DCI, VRSF c.a.t_less D.P., VRSF 7.5" Race FMIC, VRSF Charge Pipe with tial BOV, BMS Meth Kit, BMS OCC, Boost Concept Stage 2 LPFP., 335iS Clutch, MFactory Single Mass Flywheel, CFS High Performance Aluminum Radiator, N55 exhaust.
(#224)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-24-2017, 08:47 AM

It's a work in progress, and we're interested to hear about the details of situations where it's not working so we can incorporate those in to future updates.

Burger Motorsports

(#225)
Old

Default 08-28-2017, 12:36 AM

Is there any way to get Flex Fuel?
I've been waiting for Jyamona/MHD to get this working. Now looked at purchasing JB4, but it does not have it either? Is Syvecs the only option?

K-line