N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#351)
Old
hhgreen hhgreen is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 4
Join Date: May 2017
Car: 2008 BMW E92
Default 05-19-2017, 12:56 PM

Just purchased a stage 3 glad for my 2008 BMW 335i coupe and it is telling me that "the flash license has been locked to another car". But it is only connected to this vehicle only and I just purchased it. Can you help

Last edited by hhgreen; 05-22-2017 at 08:20 PM.. Reason: Remove vin
Reply With Quote
(#352)
Old
hhgreen hhgreen is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 4
Join Date: May 2017
Car: 2008 BMW E92
Default 05-19-2017, 06:50 PM

Can anyone help with this???
Reply With Quote
(#353)
Old
BevsM3's Avatar
BevsM3 BevsM3 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 172
Join Date: Mar 2017
Car: 2010 535i m sport wagon
Default 05-22-2017, 04:14 PM

Make sure its not in demo mode. That happened to me and I saw another vin#
Reply With Quote
(#354)
Old
Cloud9Blue Cloud9Blue is offline
Senior Member
 
Posts: 898
Join Date: Dec 2010
Car: 09 E92 335i
Default 05-22-2017, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhgreen
My vin is XXXXX


Just purchased a stage 3 glad for my 2008 BMW 335i coupe and it is telling me that "the flash license has been locked to another car". But it is only connected to this vehicle only and I just purchased it. Can you help
Given how these cars can be coded these days, I would not publish your VIN number like that in public.


09 BMW E92 335i: EFR 7670 / Motiv / AP Racing / Wavetrac / TC Kline [Full Modlist]
07 BMW R1200S: Shine Yellow / Akrapovic / Ohlins
Reply With Quote
(#355)
Old
hhgreen hhgreen is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 4
Join Date: May 2017
Car: 2008 BMW E92
Default 05-22-2017, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud9Blue
Given how these cars can be coded these days, I would not publish your VIN number like that in public.
Noted, thank you.
Reply With Quote
(#356)
Old
hhgreen hhgreen is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 4
Join Date: May 2017
Car: 2008 BMW E92
Default 05-22-2017, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevsM3
Make sure its not in demo mode. That happened to me and I saw another vin#
They finally fixed it, was an issue they had to fix.
Reply With Quote
(#357)
Old
RayBan81's Avatar
RayBan81 RayBan81 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 94
Join Date: Nov 2013
Car: 335i E91
Default 05-25-2017, 05:41 AM

If someone here has changed his TCU from pre-07 to post-07, we're interested in buying the old unit. The Pre-07 flash will be arriving around July, but we need a TCU on bench to do the final tests.

Please PM for a quote!


xHP Flashtool: The worlds first Android-based TCU Flashtuning tool!

More Infos on Youtube -> http://*******/2hfYJT8

xHP on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/xhpflashtool/
Reply With Quote
(#358)
Old
Venom77's Avatar
Venom77 Venom77 is offline
Senior Member
 
Posts: 580
Join Date: Oct 2015
Car: 335I
Default 05-25-2017, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayBan81
If someone here has changed his TCU from pre-07 to post-07, we're interested in buying the old unit. The Pre-07 flash will be arriving around July, but we need a TCU on bench to do the final tests.

Please PM for a quote!
Id like to help beta if you need it. Im running a lot of power through my early 07 trans.


Garrett Gtw 6465, Supporting mods , Mhd/Jb4
Reply With Quote
(#359)
Old
BevsM3's Avatar
BevsM3 BevsM3 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 172
Join Date: Mar 2017
Car: 2010 535i m sport wagon
Default 05-25-2017, 12:23 PM

RayBan81 can you change the m mode to downshift to 1st at a full stop instead of staying in 2nd. It's a PIA!!
Reply With Quote
(#360)
Old
bradsm87 bradsm87 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 355
Join Date: May 2014
Car: E90 LCI 335i
Default 05-25-2017, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevsM3
RayBan81 can you change the m mode to downshift to 1st at a full stop instead of staying in 2nd. It's a PIA!!
A lot of people like to launch in 2nd. If he did that, when people try to select 2nd in M mode when stopped, it would not do it.

M is for manual you know. Just use the paddle if you want 1st. If you want it to shift by itself and not manually, choose S mode.
Reply With Quote
(#361)
Old
Rushan's Avatar
Rushan Rushan is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,238
Join Date: May 2014
Car: 335i E92 2009
Default 05-26-2017, 02:42 AM

Is it possible to flash the normal alpina flash itself or the other the standard US sport and EU sport files via xhp as custom tune?


09 E92 335i - Hot-Climate Middle East package, M Sports suspension, 19" Rims, 6AT fully built internals, bushings, raybestos clutches and sonnax with xHP stage 3, Differential lockdown, New RB Turbo CHRA, JB4 - Map 3 70 adder with N20 TMAP - MHD BMS Race Flash with Tuned Duty Bais and PID - BMS Oil Cooler Valve - RB PCV - K&N DCI - AFE Air Scoops - 98 Super Fuel - WAGNER FMIC - 3" down's, RB Inlets- BMS charge pipe With Tial BOV - BMS Meth Kit with FSB, 30/70 Water/Meth on CM12 nozzle
Reply With Quote
(#362)
Old
BevsM3's Avatar
BevsM3 BevsM3 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 172
Join Date: Mar 2017
Car: 2010 535i m sport wagon
Default 05-26-2017, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradsm87
A lot of people like to launch in 2nd. If he did that, when people try to select 2nd in M mode when stopped, it would not do it.

M is for manual you know. Just use the paddle if you want 1st. If you want it to shift by itself and not manually, choose S mode.
He can make it do whatever he wants. What benefit is there from launching from 2nd gear? None!!
It's not a true manual mode either as it downshifts on its own in M "manual" mode. I'm just asking him to make it start in 1st gear as it should.
90% of the time when downshifting you wouldn't go into 1st until you were fully stopped anyway.
As I said in another post where he didn't respond I was forgetting to put it in 1st and starting in 2nd gear causes chatter.

It makes much more sense to have those who want to start in 2nd gear choose that specific gear then having to put it in 1st where it should be.
Reply With Quote
(#363)
Old
bnk bnk is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 474
Join Date: Jan 2008
Default 05-26-2017, 05:07 AM

It should not be in the first gear.
Reply With Quote
(#364)
Old
BevsM3's Avatar
BevsM3 BevsM3 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 172
Join Date: Mar 2017
Car: 2010 535i m sport wagon
Default 05-26-2017, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnk
It should not be in the first gear.
I'm all ears! Please explain
Reply With Quote
(#365)
Old
BevsM3's Avatar
BevsM3 BevsM3 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 172
Join Date: Mar 2017
Car: 2010 535i m sport wagon
Default 05-26-2017, 10:01 AM

I think the discrepancy here is I have an xdrive.
Reply With Quote
(#366)
Old
RayBan81's Avatar
RayBan81 RayBan81 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 94
Join Date: Nov 2013
Car: 335i E91
Default 05-26-2017, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevsM3
He can make it do whatever he wants. What benefit is there from launching from 2nd gear? None!!
It's not a true manual mode either as it downshifts on its own in M "manual" mode. I'm just asking him to make it start in 1st gear as it should.
90% of the time when downshifting you wouldn't go into 1st until you were fully stopped anyway.
As I said in another post where he didn't respond I was forgetting to put it in 1st and starting in 2nd gear causes chatter.

It makes much more sense to have those who want to start in 2nd gear choose that specific gear then having to put it in 1st where it should be.
If your trans chatters when starting in 2nd gear, your TC clutch is a brick.

There are lots of situations, where the trans overlays the normal shift programs and starts in 2nd gear, despite the shiftmap telling him to downshift to 1st. For example in a traffic jam, or when Wintermode is engaged.

Removing the auto-downshift below 900 rpm will leave you stuck in traffic with a stalled engine and lots of funky vibrations, as soon as you forget one time to change down. If you want to disable that, you have to do that with a custom map by yourself. Thats a rather rare customer wish and would be a dangerous feature in standard OTS maps.


xHP Flashtool: The worlds first Android-based TCU Flashtuning tool!

More Infos on Youtube -> http://*******/2hfYJT8

xHP on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/xhpflashtool/
Reply With Quote
(#367)
Old
BevsM3's Avatar
BevsM3 BevsM3 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 172
Join Date: Mar 2017
Car: 2010 535i m sport wagon
Default 05-26-2017, 11:58 AM

I think you are misunderstanding what I'm asking.
In D mode what gear does the car start from?
In S mode what gear does the car start from?
Reply With Quote
(#368)
Old
RayBan81's Avatar
RayBan81 RayBan81 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 94
Join Date: Nov 2013
Car: 335i E91
Default 05-26-2017, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevsM3
I think you are misunderstanding what I'm asking.
In D mode what gear does the car start from?
In S mode what gear does the car start from?
Both in 1st under normal conditions.


xHP Flashtool: The worlds first Android-based TCU Flashtuning tool!

More Infos on Youtube -> http://*******/2hfYJT8

xHP on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/xhpflashtool/
Reply With Quote
(#369)
Old
THE BEAST THE BEAST is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,455
Join Date: Apr 2016
Car: 2008 E93
Default 05-27-2017, 08:58 PM

Ive had the Xhp flash v1.1 for atleast 350+ miles. Im experiencing 3/4 flare on low throttle. D/S/and M.
W.O.T its fine. Interstingly enough, this also happened with the Alpina flash. Stock flash NEVER had an issue. I mainly switched to Xhp because of that issue. Now 300 miles later, same issue popped up for the last 50 miles or so. I tried V2.1, same issue ONLY on low throttle. Suggestions ? 70k and recently rebuilt valvebody. As I said, stock BMW flash this issue NEVER has popped up regardless of mileage.
Reply With Quote
(#370)
Old
MiamiM3 MiamiM3 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 34
Join Date: Jan 2016
Car: 2011 BMW 335i M-Sport AT
Default 05-27-2017, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE BEAST
Ive had the Xhp flash v1.1 for atleast 350+ miles. Im experiencing 3/4 flare on low throttle. D/S/and M.
W.O.T its fine. Interstingly enough, this also happened with the Alpina flash. Stock flash NEVER had an issue. I mainly switched to Xhp because of that issue. Now 300 miles later, same issue popped up for the last 50 miles or so. I tried V2.1, same issue ONLY on low throttle. Suggestions ? 70k and recently rebuilt valvebody. As I said, stock BMW flash this issue NEVER has popped up regardless of mileage.

I have the same 3/4 shift rpm flare occasionally during light throttle acceleration in manual mode with both the stage 2 & 3 XHP flash. I never had it with the Alpina installed and I had it installed for at least 2 years.


2011 BMW 335i M-Sport E90 AT
Reply With Quote
(#371)
Old
THE BEAST THE BEAST is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,455
Join Date: Apr 2016
Car: 2008 E93
Default 05-27-2017, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiM3
I have the same 3/4 shift rpm flare occasionally during light throttle acceleration in manual mode with both the stage 2 & 3 XHP flash. I never had it with the Alpina installed and I had it installed for at least 2 years.
Interesting. When I first flashed Xhp all was good. Now its acting up. 2nd to 3rd sometimes does it but ever so slightly. 3/4 is VERY noticeable though.
Reply With Quote
(#372)
Old
RayBan81's Avatar
RayBan81 RayBan81 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 94
Join Date: Nov 2013
Car: 335i E91
Default 05-28-2017, 04:14 AM

If you are willing to do a log of that flares, I can try to cure them in the next revisions:

Would need a log with Testo:

Download it from here: http://phenoboy.kapsi.fi/testo

The tool is straightforward: After start type "GS19" in the search bar in the left window. In the right window you will see a Job "STATUS Eingaenge AEGS". Doubleclick this one (once connected to car with Laptop) and tick the following boxes:

STAT_ISTANG_WERT
STAT_MOTORDREHZAHL_WERT
STAT_TURBINENDREHZAHL_WERT
STAT_WK_WERT
STAT_GETRIEBETEMPERATUR_WERT
STAT_MOTORISTMOMEN_WERT
STAT_MOTORSOLLMOMENT_WERT
STAT_RADGESCHWINDIGKEIT_WERT
STAT_FAHRPEDALWINKEL_WERT
STAT_ABTRIEBSDREHZAHL_WERT

Then hit F1 to bring up the log window. Click "Start" and do your drive. PLZ send me the logs through mail.


One thing to notice, is that flares can have it's roots in the ECU tune to. So pls add what tune/setup you're using.


xHP Flashtool: The worlds first Android-based TCU Flashtuning tool!

More Infos on Youtube -> http://*******/2hfYJT8

xHP on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/xhpflashtool/
Reply With Quote
(#373)
Old
THE BEAST THE BEAST is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,455
Join Date: Apr 2016
Car: 2008 E93
Default 05-29-2017, 12:05 PM

No laptop available for me at the moment. It constantly does the 3/4 and occasional 2/3 flare. Wot no issues at all with the flash.
Reply With Quote
(#374)
Old
xQx xQx is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 95
Join Date: Dec 2016
Car: 2008 BMW 135i E88 N54 6AT
Default 05-29-2017, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayBan81
.
Hey Clemens,

I just upgraded to the new stage 3 v2.1 maps (from v1.0) for the ZF6HP21 and I just wanted to say WOW.

Well done.

The upshifts are fast, seamless and smooth as silk; and m-mode downshifts are lightning fast/instant.

The difference between this release and the initial release is night and day.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Will
Reply With Quote
(#375)
Old
xQx xQx is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 95
Join Date: Dec 2016
Car: 2008 BMW 135i E88 N54 6AT
Default 05-29-2017, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevsM3
What benefit is there from launching from 2nd gear?
For many of us 1st gear is a complete write-off due to lack of traction. In a FBO 1 series, the benefit of launching from 2nd gear is more traction, faster 0-100 times and skipping an unnecessary shift.

M-mode should be as manual as possible - with automatic upshifts and downshifts in place only to protect the machinery.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Copyright 2007 - 2020, N54tech.com