N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#626)
Old

Car: 2013 Genesis Coupe
Default 05-03-2017, 12:06 PM

Not sure why there is so much hostility from other vendors. Why don't you let the man experiment in peace and share his results? People learn from their mistakes, at least he's sharing information unlike the rest that like to keep so many things secret.
(#627)
Old

Car: Acura TL
Default 05-04-2017, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deen@StreetKingImports
Not sure why there is so much hostility from other vendors. Why don't you let the man experiment in peace and share his results? People learn from their mistakes, at least he's sharing information unlike the rest that like to keep so many things secret.
I think the hostility comes from the fact that there has been only so many hundreds, or even thousands of examples where additional timing past a certain point does not yield any performance gain. Just being able to do something doesn't mean it's the right thing, or the best thing.

I totally get the idea of a fresh approach, but the approach here has been flawed in many ways, and the proper empirical data has not been presented, or tested apparently.

Doug's latest graph shows timing corrections - let's assume that it didn't. He's running nearly 24 degrees of timing - where is there any evidence that doing so (even if it CAN be done) nets any gain over running a max of 15?
(#628)
Old

Default 05-04-2017, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by langsbr
I think the hostility comes from the fact that there has been only so many hundreds, or even thousands of examples where additional timing past a certain point does not yield any performance gain. Just being able to do something doesn't mean it's the right thing, or the best thing.

I totally get the idea of a fresh approach, but the approach here has been flawed in many ways, and the proper empirical data has not been presented, or tested apparently.

Doug's latest graph shows timing corrections - let's assume that it didn't. He's running nearly 24 degrees of timing - where is there any evidence that doing so (even if it CAN be done) nets any gain over running a max of 15?
I get that but he did come from different platforms. I know a buddy of mine has a boosted 370z and his timing was 25* I was blown away when he told me that. I believe there is alot to be learned about this platform tuning wise, new tables have been coming out recently so while his data might be flawed, I believe it can be a learning experience for him that could eventually gain him or the community more knowledge and I still stand by my statement not too many vendors share anything which is why I believe it's taking so long for this platform to develop in my opinion. I mean so far there isn't even a satisfying option for a built motor for most of the crowd. Paying $15k for a built motor when its cheaper to buy the car is not an option
(#629)
Old

Car: 335
Default 05-04-2017, 09:39 AM

Why are people bashing Doug for the tune??? He's not a tuner, Ken wedge is the guy that people should be questioning.
(#630)
Old

Car: Acura TL
Default 05-04-2017, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfvalley335i
Why are people bashing Doug for the tune??? He's not a tuner, Ken wedge is the guy that people should be questioning.
You sure bout dat? I know he tuned one of the original beta testers, but I thought Doug was DIYing his.
(#631)
Old

Car: 07 335xi
Default 05-04-2017, 10:41 AM

Frankenturbo

Was using windshield washer tank for meth injection. Known to cause fires on the n54.

Claimed inlets are usless on stock turbos.

Cranked timing to the moon. Turned off knock detection blaming the stock dmfw for "false" misfires. Blew compression on 2 cylinders, then blamed jb4 for not logging timing.

Busted making fake compressor maps on the audi world.

Posted pictures of cast manifolds with serious casting problems.

Claims his turbos are made in china, then he takes them apart and re balances them, in house,
Then emails leaked from vtt that someone else was doing that for him, then stopped dealing with doug, due to his shady buisness practices.

I'm supprised there isn't more hostility towards crapenturbo.

I've never seen such a gulable platform.

I think all his fanboys are the younger generation that picked thier cars up for $10k and are looking for the chepaest possible solution to replace thier failing turbos, that might make some extra power.

If his turbos prove to be reliable, he will do well.

2007 335i MT, JB4 G5, Hybrid Race BEF, DCI, Inlets, RB 2ís, outlets, 6" AMS FMIC,Chargepipe with Raceport BOV, d_p's, stage 2 lpfp, Mfactory LSD, X-Clutch twin disk.

Last edited by fredcase; 05-04-2017 at 10:48 AM..
(#632)
Old

Default 05-04-2017, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredcase
Frankenturbo

Was using windshield washer tank for meth injection. Known to cause fires on the n54.

Cranked timing to the moon. Turned off knock detection blaming the stock dmfw for "false" misfires. Blew compression on 2 cylinders, then blamed jb4 for not logging timing.

Claims his turbos are made in china, then he takes them apart and re balances them, in house,
Then emails leaked from vtt that someone else was doing that for him, then stopped dealing with doug, due to his shady buisness practices.

I think all his fanboys are the younger generation that picked thier cars up for $10k and are looking for the chepaest possible solution to replace thier failing turbos, that might make some extra power.

I'm not in tune with the drama that comes behind the community nor am I interested. As long as the product is great and customer service is fine. At the same time doing shady things will make a wise person stay away from that particular vendor. I'm not interested in hybrid turbos and I bought my car few years ago with very low miles and my platform has grown with me so not a fan boy. I could careless if someone succeeds or fails. I just want to see the platform grow. I can't believe how many unprofessional vendors are there for this platform and people continue to buy their product
(#633)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 05-04-2017, 01:24 PM

People are still dumb enough to buy off JerryT (shaudfab) after all the **** he's done, people will surely be stupid enough to buy off Frankenturbo. It really is crazy what people will do to save a few bucks.

The thing that really drives me crazy about this thread is when Doug does something that people would consider "questionable" instead of replying with his reasoning behind the decisions or interacting with the thread he just ignores everyone and continues doing more "questionable" things.

Perhaps if he was engaging in the discussion people would be more likely to ask for his reasoning rather than simply say "WTF is this idiot doing" .... I can't help but take part in the negative commentary seeing that he just sticks his nose in the air, ignores ALL advice and continues down a road of stupidity.

Multiple people called him out on ridiculous amounts of timing before he blew his motor up (including myself) ... It blows up and he rebuilds it, then continues pushing timing to the moon with a jerry rigged backyard fueling system... Anyone want to start a deathpool on motor #2 ?
(#634)
Old

Default 05-04-2017, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weebles
People are still dumb enough to buy off JerryT (shaudfab) after all the **** he's done, people will surely be stupid enough to buy off Frankenturbo. It really is crazy what people will do to save a few bucks.

The thing that really drives me crazy about this thread is when Doug does something that people would consider "questionable" instead of replying with his reasoning behind the decisions or interacting with the thread he just ignores everyone and continues doing more "questionable" things.

Perhaps if he was engaging in the discussion people would be more likely to ask for his reasoning rather than simply say "WTF is this idiot doing" .... I can't help but take part in the negative commentary seeing that he just sticks his nose in the air, ignores ALL advice and continues down a road of stupidity.

Multiple people called him out on ridiculous amounts of timing before he blew his motor up (including myself) ... It blows up and he rebuilds it, then continues pushing timing to the moon with a jerry rigged backyard fueling system... Anyone want to start a deathpool on motor #2 ?
I think there is a difference between someone sticking their nose in the air and someone constantly replying to negativity. Some vendors reply with hostility. Isn't Jpworks doing well now though? I think the biggest problem with this industry is not many know how to run a business professionally and properly even though they have great product.
(#635)
Old

Car: 07 335i
Default 05-04-2017, 02:42 PM

This thread is like a car wreck on the side of the interstate. Gotta slow down and break my neck looking at it because of the carnage.
(#636)
Old

Car: E90 335i
Default 05-04-2017, 05:09 PM

Doug is the most successful troll in the history of the platform. He posted so much crap and was called out on all of it, but instead of acknowledging it he just doubles down....over and over again. He recently posted that inlets are useless again. He's still running stupid timing for no reason. He still doesn't actually have a product for sale....

...and whenever he posts this stuff people bite on it hook, line and sinker. He's just a troll who subscribes to the theory that there's no such thing as bad publicity.
(#637)
Old

Default 05-04-2017, 05:13 PM

I bet his turbos will have a 50% failure rate. And people will still chance it to save $500

2007 335i MT, JB4 G5, Hybrid Race BEF, DCI, Inlets, RB 2ís, outlets, 6" AMS FMIC,Chargepipe with Raceport BOV, d_p's, stage 2 lpfp, Mfactory LSD, X-Clutch twin disk.
(#638)
Old

Default 05-04-2017, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deen@StreetKingImports
I think there is a difference between someone sticking their nose in the air and someone constantly replying to negativity. Some vendors reply with hostility. Isn't Jpworks doing well now though? I think the biggest problem with this industry is not many know how to run a business professionally and properly even though they have great product.
I didn't say he should be replying to ALL negativity, I said he should interact with the thread when people make valid points and constructive criticism, 98% of it has been ignored. The fact he ignores and chooses not to interact creates MORE negativity and promotes people to be rude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw
Doug is the most successful troll in the history of the platform. He posted so much crap and was called out on all of it, but instead of acknowledging it he just doubles down....over and over again. He recently posted that inlets are useless again. He's still running stupid timing for no reason. He still doesn't actually have a product for sale....

...and whenever he posts this stuff people bite on it hook, line and sinker. He's just a troll who subscribes to the theory that there's no such thing as bad publicity.
You are giving him WAYYY too much credit bud.
(#639)
Old

Default 05-04-2017, 11:56 PM

Isn't the idea to show that even with very bad tuning and restrictive inlets the turbos are awesome? I'm sold.
(#640)
Old

Default 05-25-2017, 08:19 AM

As long as the turbos are good an reliable, I'll take care of the rest... Thoses Hexon poop turbos left a very bad taste in my mouth and I don't feel like paying 2x what there supposed to be worth to still have a chance of failure. If Doug is ready to give a 2-year warranty I bet hes confident enaugh that they won't fail soon.
(#641)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 05-25-2017, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLF
As long as the turbos are good an reliable, I'll take care of the rest... Thoses Hexon poop turbos left a very bad taste in my mouth and I don't feel like paying 2x what there supposed to be worth to still have a chance of failure. If Doug is ready to give a 2-year warranty I bet hes confident enaugh that they won't fail soon.
See. This proves you cant fix stupid. Already stupid enough to buy turbos from Taiwan/wayne... lost his ass on them and now wants to buy comparable crap from doug.

How do you even get dressed in the morning or feed yourself?
(#642)
Old

Car: 07 335i mt
Default 05-25-2017, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynical
See. This proves you cant fix stupid. Already stupid enough to buy turbos from Taiwan/wayne... lost his ass on them and now wants to buy comparable crap from doug.

You're a dumbass, it's nowhere near the same scenario. Hexon was a popup company with no prior history. Frankenturbo is a proven turbo manufacturer that has been around for a long time.
(#643)
Old

Car: 07 BMW 335i
Default 05-25-2017, 04:15 PM

I'm just ready to start seeing some beta tester data and reviews. This thread has been going on forever.
(#644)
Old

Default 05-25-2017, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sshec152
You're a dumbass, it's nowhere near the same scenario. Hexon was a popup company with no prior history. Frankenturbo is a proven turbo manufacturer that has been around for a long time.
He bought unproven turbos from Taiwan, got screwed, and is ready to go with unproven turbos from china, because they have a 2 year warranty.

(#645)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 05-26-2017, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54QC
I'm just ready to start seeing some beta tester data and reviews. This thread has been going on forever.
There's quite a bit beta testing going on right now but it's not my place to talk too much about it. Doug has quite a few beta testers right now and it's been pretty cool to watch the progress. I'm sure he will have some more info soon.

(#646)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 05-27-2017, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredcase
Frankenturbo

This x1000000000. Why is this even still being talked about??? nothing i've seen on either forum gives me ANY confidence in this guy or his product.
(#647)
Old

Default 06-07-2017, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynical

Who the **** do you think you are ?! This is why I love internet, anyone can talk up there ass about anything or anyone and dont care because they are behind there screen.. I've been around other platforms and I can tell you the other ''reliable'' vendors and making the big $$$ right now over all you sheeps. Anyways I'm putting that crap car for sale as soon as it's running. I have over 15k in the car and not enjoying it at all anymore
(#648)
Old

Default 06-07-2017, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLF
Who the **** do you think you are ?! This is why I love internet, anyone can talk up there ass about anything or anyone and dont care because they are behind there screen.. I've been around other platforms and I can tell you the other ''reliable'' vendors and making the big $$$ right now over all you sheeps. Anyways I'm putting that crap car for sale as soon as it's running. I have over 15k in the car and not enjoying it at all anymore
**their

Sounds like you broke your car doing bad mods BTW.

2010 135i M-Sport 6MT Jet Black
N54 | Build Thread
(#649)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 06-07-2017, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLF
What did you spend 15k on?

Sounds like you should sell the car if you don't like it.

E92 ACF 6466 + AM Meth / E70 #1 / E70 #2 JBD

Got Boost?
(#650)
Old
Demigod

Car: 335i MSport DCT
Default 06-08-2017, 02:46 AM

All I can say is

If you were unlucky enough to get dud hexons then just get them refurbed and be done with it.

UK FBO 335i, ̶V̶T̶T̶ ̶G̶C̶s̶ China 19T, JB4, PI meth, BMS CP, OCC, Braided brake lines. Diff Lockdown. TMAP sensor, custom bucketless stage2

11.79@119mph on stockers, CP meth (UK, Santa Pod)
11.74@129mph on GCs, custom port meth injection.