N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#626)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-10-2017, 09:15 AM

I thought we disabled the brake trigger if vehicle speed was less than 30mph.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#627)
Old

Car: 08 335xi
Default 03-10-2017, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
I thought we disabled the brake if vehicle speed was less than 30mph.
Why was the brake added in again? Seems way easier to just hold volume down and throttle 100%.

09 335 - 6266
07 335i - 6870, E85 - SOLD
08 335xi - 6466, custom direct port meth - SOLD
(#628)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-10-2017, 10:44 AM

Some people prefer to brake boost from a roll using the actual brake pedal.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#629)
Old

Car: 2007 335i E-92 6AT
Default 03-10-2017, 12:26 PM

Terry yes I meant from a roll. At stand still you still have to use the volume

2007 AW 335i E-92 6AT MMP Stage 3 @ 25psi / JB4 G5 ISO / XHP STG3 / VRSF D-Ps / MMP INLETS&OUTLETS / WEDGE MHD E50 BACKEND / CW EXHAUST / CPe CP / GReddy RS BOV / BMS METH KIT / WAGNER IC / PR STAGE3 LPFP 10.92 @ 132 1.72 60ft 6.96 @ 103 1.55 60ft
(#630)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 E93
Default 03-19-2017, 09:53 AM

Skimmed through this thread a bit. So the actual trigger is volume button down ? Any chance of accidentally triggering anti lag when not wanting to use it ?
(#631)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-19-2017, 09:53 AM

No

Burger Motorsports

(#632)
Old

Car: 335i Single Turbo
Default 04-22-2017, 11:32 AM

if I have the BB ST backend flash and latest JB4 G5 firmware, will I need to switch to MHD backend flash to make the anti lag work correctly?

I currently have a ST with pump gas and meth, so I'm not looking to go to a E85 map.

Just curious as what flashes can run it without e85.

Thanks guys!
(#633)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-22-2017, 01:06 PM

No, works with BB or MHD BEF....

Burger Motorsports

(#634)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 05-09-2017, 06:36 AM

Hey Guys,
For ST cars does the Volume down button work to engage antilag or only the brake petal?

|2008 135i N54 | VRSF FBO| Motiv Port Injection | BMS PI Controller| AD-E ST Kit 6062 | JB4 G5 ISO 13.0 | BMS ST/MHD E85 Flash | 60% e70 | Fuel-It Stage3 LPFP | Spec2+/SMFW |3.5 TMAP | NLS

"stock"
(#635)
Old
BMW Single Turbo N54

Car: 335i 07
Default 05-09-2017, 11:35 AM

On the 3/15/17 Map Release Backend flash My Anti-lag stopped working. I had to revert back to 2/23/16 Map Release. I used the ST pump fuel Map and now my Anti-lag works with Volume down button like before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500hp500tq
Hey Guys,
For ST cars does the Volume down button work to engage antilag or only the brake petal?
(#636)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-09-2017, 11:46 AM

What is the full file name you are having a problem with?

Burger Motorsports

(#637)
Old
BMW Single Turbo N54

Default 05-09-2017, 02:55 PM

The file i used was JB4_BB2_I8A0S_ST.bin from the JB4_BEF_031517.zip. Everything else seem to work fine but Anti-lag. I ended up reverting back to
JB4_BB_022316.zip - JB4_I8A0S_ST.bin

Quote:
What is the full file name you are having a problem with?
(#638)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-09-2017, 04:25 PM

The file looks OK to me. Record a JB4 log on the 3/15 triggering anti-lag and lets check it out.

Burger Motorsports

(#639)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 05-09-2017, 04:29 PM

Esh, same BEF I'm using now. I'll test also tonight

|2008 135i N54 | VRSF FBO| Motiv Port Injection | BMS PI Controller| AD-E ST Kit 6062 | JB4 G5 ISO 13.0 | BMS ST/MHD E85 Flash | 60% e70 | Fuel-It Stage3 LPFP | Spec2+/SMFW |3.5 TMAP | NLS

"stock"
(#640)
Old

Car: '07 335i
Default 06-26-2017, 12:06 AM

Out of nowhere mine starting triggering when brake boosting. Going to uninstall, I prefer brake boosting anyway. If anyone wants to buy it from me shoot me a pm

'07 E90 MT Sports Package l FBO l RB Next Gen Plus l JB4 G5 with DPT E85 BEF l N20 MAP Sensor l MMP Inlets l RB Outlets l Custom Exhaust l NLS & 2-Step l MFactory 3.46 LSD l 335is Clutch with MFactory SMFW l Walbro 450 l Direct Port Meth Injection

Best 1/4 ET: 11.4
Best 1.4 Trap: 127.7
(#641)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-26-2017, 11:03 AM

There is a setting to disable anti-lag while brake boosting if you need... Although you are better off keeping it active while brake boosting.

Burger Motorsports

(#642)
Old

Car: '07 335i
Default 06-27-2017, 03:25 PM

Quote:
There is a setting to disable anti-lag while brake boosting if you need... Although you are better off keeping it active while brake boosting.
Which setting? And how so?

'07 E90 MT Sports Package l FBO l RB Next Gen Plus l JB4 G5 with DPT E85 BEF l N20 MAP Sensor l MMP Inlets l RB Outlets l Custom Exhaust l NLS & 2-Step l MFactory 3.46 LSD l 335is Clutch with MFactory SMFW l Walbro 450 l Direct Port Meth Injection

Best 1/4 ET: 11.4
Best 1.4 Trap: 127.7
(#643)
Old

Car: 2008 BMW 335i
Default 07-03-2017, 12:20 AM

Anyway to use this from a dig? Im ST and cant figure out how to build boost off the line. Thanks in advamce
(#644)
Old
BMW Single Turbo N54

Default 07-03-2017, 06:16 AM

I set my 2-step to 4k and launch. It boogs a little with limited wheelspin and seems fast enough.
(#645)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 07-03-2017, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmiggz
Anyway to use this from a dig? Im ST and cant figure out how to build boost off the line. Thanks in advamce
I know of a few people that use the anti-lag and a two-step at the same time.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#646)
Old

Car: 2008 BMW 335i
Default 07-03-2017, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
I know of a few people that use the anti-lag and a two-step at the same time.
Im auto tho so idk how it would help.
(#647)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 07-03-2017, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmiggz
Im auto tho so idk how it would help.
Yes this customer is also AT. Says he has goodluck with them both

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#648)
Old

Car: 07 335i 6MT
Default 07-13-2017, 04:16 PM

Just installed my kit. Just wanna see if it works. I have latest firmware useing JB4 rev 3 kit. do I need a backend flash? What are the actions to activate the anti lag? Is there a minimal speed? Throttle 100%? I'm just trying to see if I installed it right. I know I'll need E85 to do it more frequently. Thanks guys!
(#649)
Old

Car: 07 335i 6MT
Default 07-13-2017, 04:25 PM

Also I only installed the wire. I have the chip but didn't install because I just bought my JB4 through you guys about 3/4 months ago and I read it should already have it. Is this correct?
(#650)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-13-2017, 04:26 PM

Correct, no need to swap chip on newer JB4s.

Burger Motorsports