JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: BMW E93 N54 DCT
Default New Member - seeking to learn N54 platform - 02-21-2022, 05:14 AM

Hi everyone,

I had bought my BMW E93 N54 back in October, this is my 1st BMW to buy after owning an E21 Alpina back in 2010, and the reason I did not buy a BMW since then was the bad ending story of my beloved E21.

My N54 was bone stock when I bought it, however, i have done some slight enhancements since then, however, i decided that before i move any further, i would seek opinions and advice from other experienced members.

My goal is 500 WHP

Current Setup:

A- VRSF ******* ********
B- Charge Pipe
C- Forge diverter valves
D- BMS Dual Cone Performance Intake
E- MHD Stage 2 Tune 98 RON
F- 7.5 competition HD FMIC VRSF Intercooler (Not Installed Yet)

Reading on several forums, i noticed different ways to achieve power using the stock turbos (Until eventually i upgrade turbos)

My inquiry is for the following:

A) Inlets and Outlets, how important they are in the power, and which is more efficient (Stock location or relocation inlets).
B) If relocation inlets, is MMP a good brand, and which should i go with (Silicon or Aluminum inlets) ?
C) I am thinking to add water-methanol kit, which one is considered a safe & good option for N54 ?
D) Is a DCT oil cooler an important upgrade to buy? if yes, Which DCT oil cooler is the best?

Finally, if i do all the above, would it be possible to reach 450+ WHP.

Thank you all in advance

Regards
Jazziat

Its not how fast you drive ... Its how you drive fast !
(#2)
Old

Car: 2009 535i
Default 02-21-2022, 09:34 AM

Following. I also just purchased a bone stock '09 535xi with manual trans and my power goals are between 450 and 500 on stock turbos.
(#3)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: E92 335XI
Default 02-21-2022, 01:36 PM

Hi,

First off, welcome.

If your power goal is 450-500 or so with stock turbos I would suggest at minimum inlets.

The stock location inlets are a bit easier to install, relocation style inlets involve swapping / moving everything over from the cold to hot side of the engine bay. Stock turbo application, OEM inlets versus relocation style, personally IMO you are splitting hairs.

We offer a flash only WMI setup, you can configure it however you see fit.

Unless you have the 335is, you don't have the DCT trans /need the cooler. We do however offer an N54 AT trans cooler kit, if you we wanted to keep temps down with the added power.

WMI Kit: https://burgertuning.com/products/un...947942f7&_ss=r

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4)
Old

Car: 2007 335i e93
Default 02-22-2022, 11:11 AM

I have relocated inlets for my ebay turbos, vrsf brand. I was missing a couple parts but the fitment is decent. I think I would buy arm parts if I was to do it again. The job sucks either way to do inlets and outlets. 450whp is achievable on stock turbos, I would do inlets and outlets if you want them to last at that power, plus you will need e85 or meth.