JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: W205 C43 2017
Default E30 vs 95 Octane Ign Advance - E burn slower? - 01-30-2020, 02:32 PM

Hi,

I'm aware I might sound crazy here, but I recently switched from an E30 mix which should be about 94 octane equivalent to a 95 octane mix (boostane + 91). I thought F it, why not? See if there was any difference in performance etc. etc.

I haven't had a chance to do a dragy run yet, everything feels good, but my timings are significantly lower.

With the E30 my advance would start around 11 and consistently move up to 21. With the 95 the timings are less stable however they have the more classic bowl shape, starting around 11, dropping to about 9 before climbing to about 14. (This is all on Map 2)

Is one preferable to the other? Does an E30 mix ignite slower requiring a greater advance or is E30 just so good at reducing knock the ECU can actually hit the most efficient advance?

Note: I'm going to add another 2oz of boostane to the tank this evening which should bump it up to 96/97 to see what timings look like. I've always had this feeling the gas near me is absolute dog s*** so I'll see what timings are like