JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#1)
Old
Tuner

Default N20 TMAP Sensor - 03-20-2012, 01:18 PM

Hey guys,

Finally got our N20 TMAP sensor in. By this point it's old news but the sensor goes up to 3.5 bar and is a direct swap for our 2.5 bar sensor. Required for large single turbo guys. To install it all you need is a connector adapter so the OEM connector plugs in along with a simple JB4 firmware update. We've added settings to the G5 ISO firmware to accommodate this sensor.

You can order the adapter harness on our upgrades page and for the sensor you'll need part BMW part 13627843531. You can order that from getbmwparts.com or your favorite BMW parts supplier.

When using a 3.5bar TMAP sensor you need to set "N20 TMAP" to 1 in the JB4 interface after installing it, and also realize your FF/duty bias values will be approx 20% lower than they were with the 2.5bar factory sensor. An easy way to offset this is by adding 20 to each duty bias value across the board to keep FF within a usable range. Also note with the 3.5 bar sensor in place the in dash boost gauge has been rescaled. It will now show 0-full is 0psi to your defined boost safety setting.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2)
Old
Super Demigod

Car: 335i
Send a message via AIM to themyst
Default 03-20-2012, 01:26 PM

That BT board just got more valuable.

E90 LCI N54 6AT
(#3)
Old

Car: 07 335
Default 03-20-2012, 01:52 PM

Is there any benefit for stock turbos meth+n2o on this?
(#4)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-20-2012, 01:59 PM

Nope.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old
ElevenPointFive

Car: 2009 135i
Default 03-20-2012, 02:27 PM

Lets see some RB guys do this and crank up the boost!

2007 Porsche 997 Turbo - 6MT - Midnight Blue
Cobb Stage 1

2008 E90 335xi - AT - TSM
MHD Stage 2+ ~ BMS Intake ~ AMS FMIC ~ CPE
(#6)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-20-2012, 02:36 PM

This along with the JB4 BT board should allow them to really push the limits. I think up top the RBs are pretty close to maxed but I'm sure there is a lot more in the midrange to be had.

Burger Motorsports

(#7)
Old
Super Demigod

Default 03-20-2012, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
This along with the JB4 BT board should allow them to really push the limits. I think up top the RBs are pretty close to maxed but I'm sure there is a lot more in the midrange to be had.
I believe Cobb was getting 18psi with 70% WGDC at redline. Maybe another 1-2 psi at redline? There is power to be gained in the 5000-6000 RPM range though.

E90 LCI N54 6AT
(#8)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-20-2012, 02:40 PM

Yeah maybe but remember more duty cycle = more back pressure = less advance. Sometimes more boost doesn't make more power. We'll just have to see what someone who is willing to risk the shortblock can do with em!

Burger Motorsports

(#9)
Old
Super Demigod

Default 03-20-2012, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Yeah maybe but remember more duty cycle = more back pressure = less advance. Sometimes more boost doesn't make more power. We'll just have to see what someone who is willing to risk the shortblock can do with em!
Heh, won't be me. I'm perfectly content with that 21 peak tapering to 18. Even that map will be a ticking time bomb for my tranny.

E90 LCI N54 6AT
(#10)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-21-2012, 10:39 AM

I had a few moments this morning so I hand built 6 of these bad boys. They are sure to become collectors items...

Anyway if you want one paypal $25 per adapter + $5 shipping USA, $10 shipping intl (first class) to orders@burgertuning.com. Be sure your address is included in the paypal or Eric will curse you.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#11)
Old

Car: 2008 335i Sedan
Default 09-23-2012, 06:52 PM

What is the part # for the actual 3.5 N20 TMAP Sensor

2008 E90 Sedan 335i, BMS G5, Quaife LSD, BMS Intake, Forge Diverter Valves, ER Charge Pipe, Forge Intercooler, Macht Schnell down pipes, Bilstein Suspension, M3 Hood, Bumper, Sideskirts, Custom 700hp Oil Cooler, Square 18x9.5 wheels with 275/35R18 Continental Cup Tires.
(#12)
Old

Default 09-24-2012, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidrbixby
What is the part # for the actual 3.5 N20 TMAP Sensor

07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 Flash - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Snow Stg. 3 - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
(#13)
Old

Default 09-24-2012, 05:20 AM

(#14)
Old

Car: 2007 E90 335i A/T
Default 09-24-2012, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by themyst
Heh, won't be me. I'm perfectly content with that 21 peak tapering to 18. Even that map will be a ticking time bomb for my tranny.
You have a stock tranny, stock torque converter with RB's? I killed the torque converter, than the cluches in my tranny with out meth, n2o or RB's...

Slow, stupid and angry...

2007 E90 335i AT, G5 ISO, FSB, BMS flash, RB's, RB PCV, DP's, ER OC's, Injen DCI, BMS OCC, FMIC, ER CP, Tial Q BOV, Walbro 455 LPFP, Snow meth kit injecting E85, runnung on E40-50, Alpina TCU flash, Wavetrac LSD.

Coming: BT FMIC, bigger better water rad.
(#15)
Old

Car: e92 335i
Default 10-02-2012, 03:04 PM

T I'm going to order the adapter tomorrow. You want me to just Paypal and put n20 map adapter with shipping address in the comments on PayPal?

2011 335is DCT, FBO
(#16)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-02-2012, 03:15 PM

That is fine!

Burger Motorsports

(#17)
Old

Car: any
Default 10-02-2012, 03:15 PM

maybe a noob question but what is the jb4 bt board?
(#18)
Old

Car: e92 335i
Default 10-02-2012, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDBi
maybe a noob question but what is the jb4 bt board?
Haha its the g5 board. Terry started off calling it the BT (big turbo) board but everyone was thinking blue tooth and asking a bunch of blue tooth questions so it's called the g5 now lol

2011 335is DCT, FBO
(#19)
Old

Car: any
Default 10-02-2012, 03:54 PM

ok yeah i thought it may be big turbo but just making sure.
(#20)
Old

Car: 2008 335i Sedan
Default Anyone getting 2ABD error codes with this sensor? - 10-03-2012, 11:18 AM

Anyone getting 2ABD error codes with this sensor?

Installed it this morning and cars idles very rough, then shots off. Only in Map 8 will it idle correctly.

N20 Part # 13627843531 + Terry's harness

2008 E90 Sedan 335i, BMS G5, Quaife LSD, BMS Intake, Forge Diverter Valves, ER Charge Pipe, Forge Intercooler, Macht Schnell down pipes, Bilstein Suspension, M3 Hood, Bumper, Sideskirts, Custom 700hp Oil Cooler, Square 18x9.5 wheels with 275/35R18 Continental Cup Tires.
(#21)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-03-2012, 11:32 AM

It's not going to work without special firmware. Email in for it.

Burger Motorsports

(#22)
Old

Car: AW 135i
Default 10-03-2012, 01:45 PM

if we do get special firmware from you for something like this, will it clear and be overwritten if we try to update to a newer firmware that you release on the sticky threads??

2010 AW/BLK 135i VM 6465 Single Turbo, JB4 + MHD, VRSF CP & Tial, Big Tom, Fuel-It PI + Stage 3 + Return + Ethanol Sensor, BMW PE, MFactory LSD & Axles, Spec 3+ & MFactory SMFW, RB External PCV
Best stock turbo 12.5 @ 19.46 spinning all the way down
RIP 2008 AW/BL 135i
(#23)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-03-2012, 01:48 PM

Yes, it would be a big headache, having two versions of each firmware. So I just modified the G5 iso firmware such that you now set afr1500 to 1 to enable the 3.5 bar / N20 sensor. Any other setting assumes an OEM sensor. Since anyone running the 3.5 bar will also have our flash tuning these afr settings are no longer used on the JB4 end. And in the unlikely event someone wants to run a 3.5 bar without our flash only the 1500rpm setting is no longer available.

Burger Motorsports

(#24)
Old

Car: AW 135i
Default 10-03-2012, 02:22 PM

^Nice Good to know...

Thanks Terry

2010 AW/BLK 135i VM 6465 Single Turbo, JB4 + MHD, VRSF CP & Tial, Big Tom, Fuel-It PI + Stage 3 + Return + Ethanol Sensor, BMW PE, MFactory LSD & Axles, Spec 3+ & MFactory SMFW, RB External PCV
Best stock turbo 12.5 @ 19.46 spinning all the way down
RIP 2008 AW/BL 135i
(#25)
Old
Demigod

Car: 2007 335i
Default 10-31-2012, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Yes, it would be a big headache, having two versions of each firmware. So I just modified the G5 iso firmware such that you now set afr1500 to 1 to enable the 3.5 bar / N20 sensor. Any other setting assumes an OEM sensor. Since anyone running the 3.5 bar will also have our flash tuning these afr settings are no longer used on the JB4 end. And in the unlikely event someone wants to run a 3.5 bar without our flash only the 1500rpm setting is no longer available.
I just paypaled you for the n20 adapter (getting RB's Sunday) and getting a flash tune the next month...should I hold off on the 3 bar N20 until I get the flash?

JB4 G5, ***** flash, 455 LPFP, HFS-4 meth kit, BMS OCC, VM 6466 ST, RB valve, BMS DCI, 3" AR ***, Custom OC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2 exhaust DEFIV kit, KW clubsort, Delrin solid subfrane bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295