JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#3476)
Old

Car: G70
Default Log Check Please - G70 3.3T AWD - 08-13-2020, 06:25 AM

A couple runs this morning along with Dragy (first run was invalid). This is MAP 2.
First run was a 4.56s 0-60mph, Second run (valid) was a 4.60s 0-60mph run.

Any idea why Iíd get those timing corrections in rows 330-332 (when viewing the Excel file)? Pedal is at 100, but mph is at 0 which Iím guessing means the start of doing a launch using launch control. I see the same on the 2nd 0-60mph run which shows up at rows 935 & 936 which would appear to be the start of a launch again.

Current Mods:
ē JB4 with fuel wires.
ē 93oct fuel with up to 10% ethanol
ē Denso gapped plugs.
ē DIY Intakes (basically AEM).
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M2_R2_200804_0744.csv (158.9 KB, 171 views)
(#3477)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-13-2020, 06:07 PM

Log seems generally normal to me. Timing corrections are expected on all maps, looks pretty minor here.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3478)
Old

Car: Stinger GT2
Default Log Check Please Stinger GT2 3.3T RWD - 08-14-2020, 03:01 PM

I have two logs one on 7/24 and one on 8/9. The 7/24 was with some Boostane and 93 running Map3. The 8/9 log is a mixture of 93 and about 4 gallons of E85 as I was not empty running Map3. I tested the E85 fuel afterward and found it to be E78.

No CELs or any apparent issues.

Mods are AEM CAI, 2-Step Colder Densos, JB4
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M3_R2_200724_1223 (2).csv (43.9 KB, 141 views)
File Type: csv P21_M3_R1_200809_1329.csv (125.9 KB, 149 views)
(#3479)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-14-2020, 04:13 PM

Runs look good to me, timing nice and clean.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3480)
Old

Car: 2019 Stinger GT2
Default Log Check 93 Oct + Boostane - 08-15-2020, 08:14 AM

Hi Terry, can you have a look at these two logs taken at the track last night.

Thanks, Andy
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M3_R1_200814_195947.csv (28.1 KB, 149 views)
File Type: csv P21_M3_R1_200814_211056.csv (35.2 KB, 146 views)

2019 Stinger GT Limited,JB4,plugs,BMS intakes,Fuel wires,MBRP
(#3481)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-15-2020, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy B
Hi Terry, can you have a look at these two logs taken at the track last night.

Thanks, Andy
Looks solid to me.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#3482)
Old

Car: Stinger 3.3
Default How to know what to fill in in map 6? - 08-15-2020, 09:17 AM

Is it possible to upload an already made map of the JB4? Or how do I put in the rest of the figures, se picture in Map 6 to have a start.

I am soon going to the Mustang Dyno to fine tune.

I also want to run a bit richer at fuel at top, like 11.5, how to do that?
Attached Images

(#3483)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-15-2020, 02:38 PM

Attention 1.6L JB4 Customers:

Just posted v20 alpha firmware that has changes that apply to you.

1) Various changes for 1.6L models including reworking map1 and map2, reworking fuel control, and adding cyl 2-4 timing for 2018+ models under FutureUseA = 3.
2) All 1.6L models should have FUA = 2 for 2017 and earlier vehicles and FUA = 3 for 2018 and later vehicles. Setting FUA to 2 or 3 is what the JB4 uses currently to enable the 1.6L specific map and fueling changes.

Burger Motorsports

(#3484)
Old

Car: 2020 Hyundai Elantra GT - NLine
Default 08-17-2020, 02:15 PM

Trying to apply V20 ALPHA but failed after 5 tries. Timing set to 30.

Anyone else having problems flashing this firmware?
(#3485)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-17-2020, 02:56 PM

If using a v3.7 JB4 mobile adapter timeout has to be set to 10 for it to work. It's useful to place the phone next to the JB4 mobile adapter under the hood if signal strength is an issue.

Burger Motorsports

(#3486)
Old

Default 08-17-2020, 03:47 PM

Timeout set to 10 worked perfectly!

Now to find a road where I can run some logs without killling myself...
(#3487)
Old

Car: 2020 Kia Forte GT
Default First Log - 08-18-2020, 01:51 AM

Fuel: E21
Map 2

Attached Files
File Type: csv JB4 Mobile Logs (4AC4LE161669).csv (33.4 KB, 139 views)

Last edited by Djfourmonie; 08-18-2020 at 01:57 AM..
(#3488)
Old

Car: Genesis G70 3.3L
Default JB4 please help - 08-18-2020, 01:53 PM

Hi I have a 2019 Genesis G70 that I just installed the full JB4 450 wheel HP kit on. Unfortunately the car is running really rough, stalling and bucking. I checked all the connections and all seem to be fine. The check engine light comes in as well so I tried to read the codes but received the message ďInvalid read. Please try againĒ. I tried multiple times with no success. I also noticed that none of the gauges in the app work except for the map gauge. Iím running 93 octane fuel so I have it set to map 2. The car also ran smoothly for a little while between stalling and running rough. I was able to scan for codes using another scanner and came up with code P0234 too much boost pressure. I also received a message saying possible issues P0106 canít measure air flow and P0068 Throttle Position. After stalling I disconnected the JB4 from the TMAP sensor on the charge piping and plugged back in the stock connector at which point I was able to restart the car and crawl home. I canít determine which if these codes were before or after I disconnected the JB4.

Thanks
(#3489)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-18-2020, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant46
Hi I have a 2019 Genesis G70 that I just installed the full JB4 450 wheel HP kit on. Unfortunately the car is running really rough, stalling and bucking. I checked all the connections and all seem to be fine. The check engine light comes in as well so I tried to read the codes but received the message ďInvalid read. Please try againĒ. I tried multiple times with no success. I also noticed that none of the gauges in the app work except for the map gauge. Iím running 93 octane fuel so I have it set to map 2. The car also ran smoothly for a little while between stalling and running rough. I was able to scan for codes using another scanner and came up with code P0234 too much boost pressure. I also received a message saying possible issues P0106 canít measure air flow and P0068 Throttle Position. After stalling I disconnected the JB4 from the TMAP sensor on the charge piping and plugged back in the stock connector at which point I was able to restart the car and crawl home. I canít determine which if these codes were before or after I disconnected the JB4.

Thanks
Normally you'd do plugs first and then evaluate with only plugs done to ensure nothing was screwed up there. Did you?

Burger Motorsports

(#3490)
Old

Default 08-18-2020, 02:15 PM

Yes I did plugs first and got a misfire on cylinders 1 & 3. I checked to make sure everything was snug and upon restart the check engine light turned off and the car ran super smooth. Then I installed the JB4 and immediately upon starting the car it was running rough. I turned it off, check all the wires, restarted it and it ran fine. Then this morning on my way to work the car stalled so I disconnected the JB4 partially and was able to just make it home. Can you tell me what the firing or cylinder order is on that engine.
(#3491)
Old

Question 08-18-2020, 08:39 PM

Is the wiper mode supposed to work on the 1.6T's yet? (2020 Elantra GT N-Line DCT).

I installed the JB4 and flashed the Alpha firmware but every time I set "Enabled" to either "1" or "2" the map goes to "0" and doesn't change to the other parameters. Also doesn't allow me to change the maps manually.

Setting everything back to "0" allows the JB4 to change map manually again.
(#3492)
Old

Default 08-19-2020, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Yes I did plugs first and got a misfire on cylinders 1 & 3. I checked to make sure everything was snug and upon restart the check engine light turned off and the car ran super smooth. Then I installed the JB4 and immediately upon starting the car it was running rough. I turned it off, check all the wires, restarted it and it ran fine. Then this morning on my way to work the car stalled so I disconnected the JB4 partially and was able to just make it home. Can you tell me what the firing or cylinder order is on that engine.
Did you check the gap on the plugs before you installed them? Misfires the vast majority of the time is too a wide plug gap.

Keep reducing the gap until your misfire goes away and the car runs smoothly.

Also run Map 1 or less until you have this sorted out. You don't need to know the firing order unless you removed all the plug wires first, changed the plugs and then didn't remember what you did.
(#3493)
Old

Default 08-19-2020, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occams_Razor
Is the wiper mode supposed to work on the 1.6T's yet? (2020 Elantra GT N-Line DCT).

I installed the JB4 and flashed the Alpha firmware but every time I set "Enabled" to either "1" or "2" the map goes to "0" and doesn't change to the other parameters. Also doesn't allow me to change the maps manually.

I haven't tried wiper/MAP change function yet.

Why can't you change Map settings in the app? I started with v.17, Terry borrowed my car so I have the Alpha 20 firmware I don't have these problems.

If you are experiencing misfires, re-gap your plugs.
(#3494)
Old

Default 08-19-2020, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djfourmonie
Did you check the gap on the plugs before you installed them? Misfires the vast majority of the time is too a wide plug gap.

Keep reducing the gap until your misfire goes away and the car runs smoothly.

Also run Map 1 or less until you have this sorted out. You don't need to know the firing order unless you removed all the plug wires first, changed the plugs and then didn't remember what you did.
Yes the first thing I did is gap the plugs to 0.022. The misfire is gone now. After I unplugged the battery to reset the code the car is running silky smooth. The problem is when I installed the JB4 the car ran terribly. Eventually it cleared up and showed no codes so I figured maybe it was the computer adjusting to the tune. I drove about a mile and the car stalled. I had to disconnect the JB4 to be able to start the car and drive it home. The codes I received are in my initial post. Currently I have the JB4 disconnected and the car is running perfectly. Not sure what to do. Thanks for the help.

Last edited by ant46; 08-19-2020 at 07:55 AM..
(#3495)
Old

Default 08-19-2020, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Yes the first thing I did is gap the plugs to 0.022. The misfire is gone now. After I unplugged the battery to reset the code the car is running silky smooth. The problem is when I installed the JB4 the car ran terribly. Eventually it cleared up and showed no codes so I figured maybe it was the computer adjusting to the tune. I drove about a mile and the car stalled. I had to disconnect the JB4 to be able to start the car and drive it home. The codes I received are in my initial post. Currently I have the JB4 disconnected and the car is running perfectly. Not sure what to do. Thanks for the help.
The JB4 defaults to Map 1 if nothing but the Map and Map/Tip connections are made. The fuel wire adds lambda control and the OBD-II port is for logging/monitoring.

Not sure why you would get TPS code and the other code about air flow sounds like one of the plugs from the JB4 isn't seated right.

Are you sure the connector with the multi-color/rainbow wires is plugged into the Map/Tip sensor harness?

Installing them backwards can and does happen.
(#3496)
Old

Car: 2018 Kia Stinger GT2 3.3TT
Default 08-19-2020, 09:59 AM

I believe the JB4 defaults to Map 0?

2018 GT2 AWD
(#3497)
Old

Default 08-19-2020, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djfourmonie
The JB4 defaults to Map 1 if nothing but the Map and Map/Tip connections are made. The fuel wire adds lambda control and the OBD-II port is for logging/monitoring.

Not sure why you would get TPS code and the other code about air flow sounds like one of the plugs from the JB4 isn't seated right.

Are you sure the connector with the multi-color/rainbow wires is plugged into the Map/Tip sensor harness?

Installing them backwards can and does happen.
Iím pretty certain I had everything plugged in correctly but itís a good point. Iíll make sure everything is correct and snug when I reinstall the JB4. Thanks for the recommendation.
(#3498)
Old

Default 08-19-2020, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stung
I believe the JB4 defaults to Map 0?
If you connect the Map and Map/Tip only it's Map 1. Only defaults to Map 0 when there's fault. IE a lean condition triggers a fault code that the JB4 sees and then bumps you down.
(#3499)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-19-2020, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occams_Razor

Should be working. Did you try setting FUA to 2 and to 3 to see if either makes a difference? Photo of the WMI page settings?

Burger Motorsports

(#3500)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-19-2020, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Better email photos in to tech support then to go over the basics. Open JB4 box and check for any loose wire/pin on the connector, see if having OBDII removed has any impact on the issue, etc.

Burger Motorsports