JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#376)
Old
Rob@RBTurbo's Avatar
Rob@RBTurbo Rob@RBTurbo is offline
Stalker
 
Posts: 4,063
Join Date: Feb 2009
Car: 335I
Default 10-17-2016, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmak
Would those fit with passenger side inlets?
I think these will have just as good odds as any of fitting with passenger side inlets as we did not position them in any towards the area the inlets should occupy, but rather positioned them as far as well from the manifolds as possible.

This all said we can't say anything for sure until it is attempted, as things can get messy when trying to mix brands x/y/z/etc/etc.

Thanks,
Rob


See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.
Reply With Quote
(#377)
Old
Rob@RBTurbo's Avatar
Rob@RBTurbo Rob@RBTurbo is offline
Stalker
 
Posts: 4,063
Join Date: Feb 2009
Car: 335I
Default 10-20-2016, 06:11 AM

We had a 5 series successfully install these outlets, the first 3rd party to my knowledge to attempt installing these on any model. Being a perfectionist there are a couple things I didn't like with the 5 series fitment- but they seem to still install decently with most importantly good distance between all the hot parts.

The things I didn't like were 1) the frame rail was closer to the outlet as it is much tighter under the hood of the 5 series and 2) the hard coolant hose to the block is bent a bit higher on the 5 series. Both of these together caused some minor interference but the final result was a clean looking install.

I expect the E90/E92 installs will go on very cleanly- just waiting on some feedback. The RHD installs hopefully are coming soon as well.

If anyone is looking to get onboard for testing we have the following inventory left:
2- Straight up/Straight In Intercooler side connection Outlets
1- Angled Intercooler side connection Outlet

2- RHD Tails
1- 135 Tail

We are looking for quick feedback, as we have our large production order on hold with our vendor pending feedback. Send an email if interested.

Rob


See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.
Reply With Quote
(#378)
Old
Tony@VargasTurboTech's Avatar
Tony@VargasTurboTech Tony@VargasTurboTech is offline
Senior Member
 
Posts: 806
Join Date: Aug 2012
Car: Anything with a Turbo
Default 10-20-2016, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo
We had a 5 series successfully install these outlets, the first 3rd party to my knowledge to attempt installing these on any model. Being a perfectionist there are a couple things I didn't like with the 5 series fitment- but they seem to still install decently with most importantly good distance between all the hot parts.

The things I didn't like were 1) the frame rail was closer to the outlet as it is much tighter under the hood of the 5 series and 2) the hard coolant hose to the block is bent a bit higher on the 5 series. Both of these together caused some minor interference but the final result was a clean looking install.

I expect the E90/E92 installs will go on very cleanly- just waiting on some feedback. The RHD installs hopefully are coming soon as well.

If anyone is looking to get onboard for testing we have the following inventory left:
2- Straight up/Straight In Intercooler side connection Outlets
1- Angled Intercooler side connection Outlet

2- RHD Tails
1- 135 Tail

We are looking for quick feedback, as we have our large production order on hold with our vendor pending feedback. Send an email if interested.

Rob
We have a RHD GC customer in the UK, just by looking looks like your RHD charge pipe would fit these as you used the proper dimension on the outlet of 1.5". This matches out 1.5" outlet size on the compressor housing. I sent him your way for an RHD outlet, which it seems you have in stock by your post a couple minutes ago. He tells me you refuse to sell him one. So I am too assume unless someone is running RB turbos you wont sell them outlet pipes? If that is the case I will let people know that, as of right now we were telling people any 1.5" silicone outlet would work fine with these. Surprising with how popular these turbos are, seems you would want to confirm people can run RB outlets with them instead of sending them away. Either way, no big deal.


Vargas Turbocharger Technologies
Tony@Vargasturbo.com
www.Vargasturbo.com
Making the world happier one turbocharger at a time
Reply With Quote
(#379)
Old
Rob@RBTurbo's Avatar
Rob@RBTurbo Rob@RBTurbo is offline
Stalker
 
Posts: 4,063
Join Date: Feb 2009
Car: 335I
Default 10-20-2016, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech
We have a RHD GC customer in the UK, just by looking looks like your RHD charge pipe would fit these as you used the proper dimension on the outlet of 1.5". This matches out 1.5" outlet size on the compressor housing. I sent him your way for an RHD outlet, which it seems you have in stock by your post a couple minutes ago. He tells me you refuse to sell him one. So I am too assume unless someone is running RB turbos you wont sell them outlet pipes? If that is the case I will let people know that, as of right now we were telling people any 1.5" silicone outlet would work fine with these. Surprising with how popular these turbos are, seems you would want to confirm people can run RB outlets with them instead of sending them away. Either way, no big deal.
Appreciate the cordial reply Tony. We actually offered this GC customer our RHD stock frame offering here- for his now confirmed RHD (correct rear turbo housing) GC's. Yet he kept insisting on the Super RB EVO outlets. We said the Super RB EVO outlets won't work, but if he has a RHD GC setup (ie. confirmed RHD stock location rear turbo outlet) our stock frame offering here may/should work. Not sure why but from what I can tell it seems the words RHD Stock Frame offering had deterred him (for whatever reason) and in short he said no thanks he will get it done locally. So yes we will not sell him the RHD Super RB EVO Outlet that we know 100% will not work.

Rob


See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.

Last edited by Rob@RBTurbo; 10-20-2016 at 09:52 AM..
Reply With Quote
(#380)
Old
Nexic Nexic is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 219
Join Date: Sep 2014
Car: '10 335i
Default 10-22-2016, 04:50 AM

Eagerly awaiting these outlets, I currently have MMP but will replace with RB when they are available.
Reply With Quote
(#381)
Old
RCB RCB is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 182
Join Date: Dec 2015
Car: E61 535XIt
Default 10-23-2016, 09:38 PM

I successfully completed the first test fitment last week. Ironically this was also the most challenging test fit given that it was in the tighter E60/61 X-Drive engine bay and also mating to a VRSF 7" IC that was never intended for the E60. I choose to go with the angled style outlet with a nicely machined 2.5" to 3" aluminum reducer. The goal was to get a direct shot into the intercooler and have the least connections possible.
My previous setup required a joiner pipe and multiple couplers to mate the IC to the factory E60 outlet pipe.
I had other work as well as mods awaiting install so we purposely planned the outlet test fit around that since I would have the subframe complete removed which gave a full 360 view of the fitment.
The first thing I noticed was that the aluminum water pipe that runs from between the turbos to the water pump is different for the E60 and the E90. The E60 water pipe has an increased rise, presumably due to the X-drive and DP configuration. This made clearance a bit tighter then it was on the RB TURBO E90 test car. It was a bit harder to get the front turbo leg matted up but in the end it fit with a ton of clearance from the manifold. The leg to the rear turbo was a piece of cake to install and positioned itself far away from the manifold and tight along the frame rail heat shield. There is some extra length where the two sections meet which was great forward thinking on Robs part. I just cut the pipe to the length the car asked for and had I nice tight fit.
On the intercooler side it was pretty easy to get the outlet to line up with the 3" Intercooler inlet with the use of the provided aluminum reducer. This made me happy since I was able to eliminate an extra connection that was messy but needed.
Next step was the heat shield and WG solenoid bracket. The heat shield fit great and looks great. It also adds a nice level of protection for the outlet to turbo interface.
With the WG solenoid bracket bolted up two things were quickly discovered. First is that the vacuum canisters and the RB solenoid bracket want to occupy the same real estate in the E60. Not an issue for me since my single vacuum canister is relocated to the firewall. So, if you plan to use the bracket on an E60 be prepare to relocate your vac canister/s.
Second was the wire length for the solenoids. Apparently the factory E60 WG solenoid bracket positions everything further back then on the E90 and the wires are also shorter because of this. Again not a huge deal. I just swapped the two electrical connections, the vacuum lines and everything fit.
Keep in mind that this all pertains to E60/61 and a VRSF 7" IC. With that said the outlets are on my car which is up and running at this point. I would consider this a pretty successful test fit with lots of challenging variables. Rob would have been happy to have had an even better fit along the water pipe but this is a test fit and anyone that deals with E60s knows that fitting parts designed around an E90 always comes with hurdles.
Now that I've covered the E60/61 fitment details I want to give a more general review on the parts themselves.
The outlet material and mold is what you would expect from RB Turbo, top quality and well thought out just like the inlets which IMHO are the best fitting stock location inlets for the N54. The transitions are smooth and free of slag.
The connections are all nicely machined, ribbed and anodized parts that are fitted tightly with oetiker clamps. The 1.5" turbo ends are going to work for everything from stock turbos to upgraded stock location turbos. They also have the most clearance I can see as being possible from the manifolds. In my situation the included 2.5"-3.0" reducer was a sweet little bonus.
The heat shield fits nice, looks nice and will function well to keep the silicone protected from the manifold heat.
The wastgate bracket is also a pretty sweet little bonus that adds some aesthetic bling to the engine bay.







2008 E61 535xit MHD, VRSF CP, Tial BOV, DCI, RB Inlets and Outlets, VRSF 7"FMIC, Custom ***, BMS OCC, RB External PCV, M5 seats, LED interior/DRL, 20" Style 128 wheels, KWv3, M5 steering wheel, M-Sport conversion, Bimmer-Tech HD/Apple TV, RB Twos

2008 Lexus ISF I/H/E, Figs suspension arms, BC/swift, BC wheels, PSS (305 rear)....
1993.5 Supra 857 WHP, GT42R, CCW/R888 (305 rear)...
1968 Plymouth GTX 440 (For Sale)
2017 Chevy 2500HD Z71 LTZ

IG: CBBOOST

Last edited by RCB; 10-24-2016 at 07:58 PM..
Reply With Quote
(#382)
Old
Rob@RBTurbo's Avatar
Rob@RBTurbo Rob@RBTurbo is offline
Stalker
 
Posts: 4,063
Join Date: Feb 2009
Car: 335I
Default 10-24-2016, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCB
I successfully completed the first test fitment last week. Ironically this was also the most challenging test fit given that it was in the tighter E60/61 X-Drive engine bay and also mating to a VRSF 7" IC that was never intended for the E60. I choose to go with the angled style outlet with a nicely machined 2.5" to 3" aluminum reducer. The goal was to get a direct shot into the intercooler and have the least connections possible.
My previous setup required a joiner pipe and multiple couplers to mate the IC to the factory E60 outlet pipe.
I had other work as well as mods awaiting install so we purposely planned the outlet test fit around that since I would have the subframe complete removed which gave a full 360 view of the fitment.
The first thing I noticed was that the aluminum water pipe that runs from between the turbos to the water pump is different for the E60 and the E90. The E60 water pipe has an increased rise, presumably due to the X-drive and DP configuration. This made clearance a bit tighter then it was on the RB TURBO E90 test car. It was a bit harder to get the front turbo leg matted up but in the end it fit with a ton of clearance from the manifold. The leg to the rear turbo was a piece of cake to install and positioned itself far away from the manifold and tight along the frame rail heat shield. There is some extra length where the two sections meet which was great forward thinking on Robs part. I just cut the pipe to the length the car asked for and had I nice tight fit.
On the intercooler side it was pretty easy to get the outlet to line up with the 3" Intercooler inlet with the use of the provided aluminum reducer. This made me happy since I was able to eliminate an extra connection that was messy but needed.
Next step was the heat shield and WG solenoid bracket. The heat shield fit great and looks great. It also adds a nice level of protection for the outlet to turbo interface.
With the WG solenoid bracket bolted up two things were quickly discovered. First is that the vacuum canisters and the RB solenoid bracket want to occupy the same real estate in the E60. Not an issue for me since my single vacuum canister is relocated to the firewall. So, if you plan to use the bracket on an E60 be prepare to relocate your vac canister/s.
Second was the wire length for the solenoids. Apparently the factory E60 WG solenoid bracket positions everything further back then on the E90 and the wires are also shorter because of this. Again not a huge deal. I just swapped the two electrical connections, the vacuum lines and everything fit.
Keep in mind that this all pertains to E60/61 and a VRSF 7" IC. With that said the outlets are on my car which is up and running at this point. I would consider this a pretty successful test fit with lots of challenging variables. Rob would have been happy to have had an even better fit along the water pipe but this is a test fit and anyone that deals with E60s knows that fitting parts designed around an E90 always comes with hurdles.
Now that I've covered the E60/61 fitment details I want to give a more general review on the parts themselves.
The outlet material and mold is what you would expect from RB Turbo, top quality and well thought out just like the inlets which IMHO are the best fitting stock location inlets for the N54. The transitions are smooth and free of slag.
The connections are all nicely machined, ribbed and anodized parts that are fitted tightly with oetiker clamps. The 1.5" turbo ends are going to work for everything from stock turbos to upgraded stock location turbos. They also have the most clearance I can see as being possible from the manifolds. In my situation the included 2.5"-3.0" reducer was a sweet little bonus.
The heat shield fits nice, looks nice and will function well to keep the silicone protected from the manifold heat.
The wastgate bracket is also a pretty sweet little bonus that adds some aesthetic bling to the engine bay.





Thanks for the feedback sir! Hopefully we have some E90/E92 installs happening soon...


See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.
Reply With Quote
(#383)
Old
m5james's Avatar
m5james m5james is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 458
Join Date: Sep 2015
Car: 2010 X5M - Alpine White on Sakhir Orange
Default 10-24-2016, 10:48 PM

Since this can fit an E61, I'm interested. PM only for pricing?


'10 BMW X5///M - Alpine White on Sakhir Orange - HCP Stage 2/JB4, NGK 97506 @ .20, SS intake w/ BMC filters, gutted cats, muffler delete & Vibrant 1794's, AC Forged 312 22's, H&R 2"
'08 BMW 535xiT - VTT 2's, MHD 2, BMS DCI, inlets, RB/Mishimoto,
'98 BMW 740iL - ///E39 M5 6spd swap, fully built engine (sleeved, P&P, cams), 3.46 LSD, H&R Stage 2/Bilstein HD, Magnaflow 14816's
'97 BMW 328ci - ///E36 M3 clutch, L/W flywheel, 3.23LSD, Z4///M staggered 18's
Reply With Quote
(#384)
Old
Rob@RBTurbo's Avatar
Rob@RBTurbo Rob@RBTurbo is offline
Stalker
 
Posts: 4,063
Join Date: Feb 2009
Car: 335I
Default 10-25-2016, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5james
Since this can fit an E61, I'm interested. PM only for pricing?
We are actually on the fence on whether to keep shipping the remaining few sample sets to appease the masses, or await more feedback on what we have (which is our preference at this time) already shipped. The problem we may have is that under some test fitments, which consist of about 10 sets out there at this time, we may find issues we may want (or need) to cure by making revisions. Then the more sets we send, the more issues we need to cure, the more strain on everyone. The up front mighty dollar is not worth the backend losses that come many of times. On this note it will be extremely helpful to keep the remaining stock we have in our pockets so we can make revisions to those samples and send them back in to revise the tooling.

I feel what we have is a winner for the E90/E92, based on in house fitments, but the jury is still out there too from a 3rd party and variety of aftermarket parts equipped perspective. There could also be some things that could be a bit better and accommodating for the E60/E61, but this is likely just me being a cautious perfectionist more than anything. The test fitment seemed to go "ok" but I'd rather go for more than "ok" if possible. So for the E60/E61 we are ordering the specific OEM coolant pipe so we can decide if we need to make a revised outlet to be more accommodating for those models.

On the GC front we are getting many inquiries for them as well but they are designed to have longer housing interfaces to slide completely over the housing and clamp as such, as they have no adapters provided with them and they have a unique style adaptation as well. So we probably will have our next batch be approx 1" longer at the turbo ends to accommodate them. Our other option is to make GC specific v-band adapters, which would be doable too but we would need a housing to get that done. It should be very evident we are willing to go the extra mile to make our products work with the competitors but we just want to make sure we do it right, as when things don't we know we are holding the ball to get things rectified.

Ultimately I'd like to hang tight a bit to see if more feedback rolls in on these, as of now I can't seem to get any responses out of any of the other test fitters.

Thanks,
Rob


See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.

Last edited by Rob@RBTurbo; 10-25-2016 at 10:49 AM..
Reply With Quote
(#385)
Old
m5james's Avatar
m5james m5james is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 458
Join Date: Sep 2015
Car: 2010 X5M - Alpine White on Sakhir Orange
Default 10-25-2016, 10:56 AM

Fair enough, we can wait. It's the gf's car, I'm just doing this under the guise of preventative maintenance...less plastic, cooler running turbos, flash tune, all of which will net her better gas mileage, etc etc ;-)

Thanks for the reply, Rob. My buddy wants a set as well for his E61 so I'll tell him to hold off and do other mods in the meantime.


'10 BMW X5///M - Alpine White on Sakhir Orange - HCP Stage 2/JB4, NGK 97506 @ .20, SS intake w/ BMC filters, gutted cats, muffler delete & Vibrant 1794's, AC Forged 312 22's, H&R 2"
'08 BMW 535xiT - VTT 2's, MHD 2, BMS DCI, inlets, RB/Mishimoto,
'98 BMW 740iL - ///E39 M5 6spd swap, fully built engine (sleeved, P&P, cams), 3.46 LSD, H&R Stage 2/Bilstein HD, Magnaflow 14816's
'97 BMW 328ci - ///E36 M3 clutch, L/W flywheel, 3.23LSD, Z4///M staggered 18's
Reply With Quote
(#386)
Old
Rob@RBTurbo's Avatar
Rob@RBTurbo Rob@RBTurbo is offline
Stalker
 
Posts: 4,063
Join Date: Feb 2009
Car: 335I
Default 10-25-2016, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5james
Fair enough, we can wait. It's the gf's car, I'm just doing this under the guise of preventative maintenance...less plastic, cooler running turbos, flash tune, all of which will net her better gas mileage, etc etc ;-)

Thanks for the reply, Rob. My buddy wants a set as well for his E61 so I'll tell him to hold off and do other mods in the meantime.
My honest opinion is this- if you are running stock turbos just keep the stock outlets and run upgraded inlets. I'd truly only recommend outlets for those running upgraded turbos, especially those with increased sized (ie. ported or re-casted) outlets. The RHD guys however should consider outlets at all costs, considering that the OEM part is very restrictive at the rear turbo around the steering column. Anyway the OEM turbos will see zero to very little gains from outlets, unlike the inlets. It doesn't matter if the outlets are 1.5", 2", or 4" for that matter. The OEM outlets also fit perfectly and are basically bullet proof.

Regarding inlets we have MANY experienced folks telling us ours always fit the best. We also have many folks buying other versions because they feel they are cheaper only to find out during install they want our custom CNC adapters and at the end of the day they spend more and end up with a worse fitting inlet, wishing they'd just paid for the RB Inlets and adapters together in the first place.

Thanks,
Rob


See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.

Last edited by Rob@RBTurbo; 10-25-2016 at 03:55 PM..
Reply With Quote
(#387)
Old
stuie1982 stuie1982 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 23
Join Date: Aug 2015
Car: 335i 2007
Default 10-25-2016, 02:16 PM

Hi Guys,

I got my RHD outlets today and fitted them as per attached pictures. Before i started i had the down-pipes off ready to go and also had removed the rear turbo actuator in order to loosen/tighten the clamp for the turbo/outlet adaptor. I manage to fit without removing the coolant header tank, only needed to loosen it off to move it around. It took me 1hr30 to fit the outlets. All i need to do is put down-pipes back on again etc.

I can say they fitted almost perfectly, all i had to do is shave off about 1 inch off the outlets on the intercooler connection as it was a little tight and casuing a slight kink.

The outlets on the whole are excellent and i like how Rob has fitted factory style hose clips to ensure an excellent connection on the turbo side. The looks great as well.

Pics:
https://goo.gl/photos/PfU7jnMcNmYs7jiPA

Cheers
Reply With Quote
(#388)
Old
Rob@RBTurbo's Avatar
Rob@RBTurbo Rob@RBTurbo is offline
Stalker
 
Posts: 4,063
Join Date: Feb 2009
Car: 335I
Default 10-25-2016, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuie1982
Hi Guys,

I got my RHD outlets today and fitted them as per attached pictures. Before i started i had the down-pipes off ready to go and also had removed the rear turbo actuator in order to loosen/tighten the clamp for the turbo/outlet adaptor. I manage to fit without removing the coolant header tank, only needed to loosen it off to move it around. It took me 1hr30 to fit the outlets. All i need to do is put down-pipes back on again etc.

I can say they fitted almost perfectly, all i had to do is shave off about 1 inch off the outlets on the intercooler connection as it was a little tight and casuing a slight kink.

The outlets on the whole are excellent and i like how Rob has fitted factory style hose clips to ensure an excellent connection on the turbo side. The looks great as well.

Pics:
https://goo.gl/photos/PfU7jnMcNmYs7jiPA

Cheers
Wow man thanks for sharing this RHD install! I'd say this is a 100% success, it just doesn't seem it could get any better. Looks perfect IMO, good work!

For the RHD GC guys out there following this, we should be in business too BUT we will need to get the turbo side of the rear turbos tail elongated so that it is long enough to push over the housing (as there is no adapter available for you).

Rob


See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.

Last edited by Rob@RBTurbo; 10-25-2016 at 03:48 PM..
Reply With Quote
(#389)
Old
Rob@RBTurbo's Avatar
Rob@RBTurbo Rob@RBTurbo is offline
Stalker
 
Posts: 4,063
Join Date: Feb 2009
Car: 335I
Default 10-27-2016, 07:32 AM

Just an update that I'm told a couple more E90/E92 setups should install this weekend. We hope that is the case as we'd like to order a batch from our vendor in the next 10 days- and they take about 30 days to arrive.


See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.
Reply With Quote
(#390)
Old
Rob@RBTurbo's Avatar
Rob@RBTurbo Rob@RBTurbo is offline
Stalker
 
Posts: 4,063
Join Date: Feb 2009
Car: 335I
Default 11-01-2016, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo
Just an update that I'm told a couple more E90/E92 setups should install this weekend. We hope that is the case as we'd like to order a batch from our vendor in the next 10 days- and they take about 30 days to arrive.
We've now had several sets install. We've been told they go together without any struggle. In fact we still have not received even a single email asking about installing them, so it must be extremely intuitive.

We are going to be placing a larger production order this coming Monday and they likely will not arrive until approx. the first week of December. This said we would suggest anyone who is looking for outlets to let us know so that we can get you in to this order.

Please note this product has been changed around a lot since page 1 of this thread. See only page 15 onward for current product information.

Thanks,
Rob


See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.

Last edited by Rob@RBTurbo; 11-01-2016 at 12:26 PM..
Reply With Quote
(#391)
Old
T3hD0gg's Avatar
T3hD0gg T3hD0gg is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 18
Join Date: May 2016
Car: BMW 335is
Default 11-01-2016, 12:26 PM

Add me to the list Rob!
Reply With Quote
(#392)
Old
Rob@RBTurbo's Avatar
Rob@RBTurbo Rob@RBTurbo is offline
Stalker
 
Posts: 4,063
Join Date: Feb 2009
Car: 335I
Default 11-01-2016, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3hD0gg
Add me to the list Rob!
Done sir.

N54Tech List:
1) T3hD0gg (LHD 335, IC ER Competition, Heat Shield/Solenoid Bracket)
2)
3)
4)
5)

For those else who may want added please also include the IC you have equipped along with the vehicle model, also distinguishing if it is LHD or RHD, and if you'd like the optional heat shield/custom WG solenoid bracket.

Thanks,
Rob


See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.

Last edited by Rob@RBTurbo; 11-01-2016 at 02:00 PM..
Reply With Quote
(#393)
Old
y09gsn's Avatar
y09gsn y09gsn is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 14
Join Date: Jul 2015
Car: 09 135i
Default 11-01-2016, 01:08 PM

Add me to the list......with the heat shield/bracket

2009 135i...LHD
CP-E intercooler
Reply With Quote
(#394)
Old
Rob@RBTurbo's Avatar
Rob@RBTurbo Rob@RBTurbo is offline
Stalker
 
Posts: 4,063
Join Date: Feb 2009
Car: 335I
Default 11-01-2016, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by y09gsn
Add me to the list......with the heat shield/bracket

2009 135i...LHD
CP-E intercooler
Yes.

N54Tech List:
1) T3hD0gg (LHD 335, ER Competition Intercooler, Heat Shield/Solenoid Bracket)
2) y09gsn (LHD 135, CP-e Intercooler, Heat Shield/Solenoid Bracket)
3)
4)
5)


See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.
Reply With Quote
(#395)
Old
Nexic Nexic is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 219
Join Date: Sep 2014
Car: '10 335i
Default 11-02-2016, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo
Yes.

N54Tech List:
1) T3hD0gg (LHD 335, ER Competition Intercooler, Heat Shield/Solenoid Bracket)
2) y09gsn (LHD 135, CP-e Intercooler, Heat Shield/Solenoid Bracket)
3)
4)
5)
Put me on the list, 7" VRSF intercooler. I have the heat shield and bracket. I just need the outlets.
Reply With Quote
(#396)
Old
Torgus Torgus is offline
Senior Member
 
Posts: 516
Join Date: Jul 2013
Car: 335xi
Default 11-02-2016, 06:53 AM

I have the RB outlets but have not been able to install them on the E92 for a number of reasons(family, life stuff popping up, etc.)

But I can give you my initial findings:
1) The RB silicone outlet pipe is much firmer than the MMP outlet pipe. Like night and day. I had some local guys over in the garage and we opened up the RB outlets. Everyone was just as surprised as I was in the difference in the two outlet's firmness.

2) I like the factory style clamps on the outlets. The connector piece looks well built as does the full kit. The RB outlet pipes being split should make it easier to install vs. a 1 piece imo. It also looks like it should route well in the engine bay(I'll know more once they are in)

3) Heat shield and solenoid bracket look great and of high quality. While this kit does cost more I feel the quality of the components makes it worth it.

I hope to have it installed this weekend assuming my car gets out of the body shop on time.


E92 ACF 6466 + AM Meth / E70 #1 / E70 #2 JBD

Got Boost?
Reply With Quote
(#397)
Old
Rob@RBTurbo's Avatar
Rob@RBTurbo Rob@RBTurbo is offline
Stalker
 
Posts: 4,063
Join Date: Feb 2009
Car: 335I
Default 11-02-2016, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgus
I have the RB outlets but have not been able to install them on the E92 for a number of reasons(family, life stuff popping up, etc.)

But I can give you my initial findings:
1) The RB silicone outlet pipe is much firmer than the MMP outlet pipe. Like night and day. I had some local guys over in the garage and we opened up the RB outlets. Everyone was just as surprised as I was in the difference in the two outlet's firmness.

2) I like the factory style clamps on the outlets. The connector piece looks well built as does the full kit. The RB outlet pipes being split should make it easier to install vs. a 1 piece imo. It also looks like it should route well in the engine bay(I'll know more once they are in)

3) Heat shield and solenoid bracket look great and of high quality. While this kit does cost more I feel the quality of the components makes it worth it.

I hope to have it installed this weekend assuming my car gets out of the body shop on time.
Appreciate the feedback sir. We are looking at ways to make these things hold up the best as possible over the long term and we will do this by including all high quality and where necessary custom components.

Please keep me posted on the install and feel free to offer any additional insight you may have as well. We've been collecting data and will be using all information acquired to incorporate into this product as necessary to ensure utmost quality, fitment, etc.

Thanks,
Rob


See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.
Reply With Quote
(#398)
Old
Rob@RBTurbo's Avatar
Rob@RBTurbo Rob@RBTurbo is offline
Stalker
 
Posts: 4,063
Join Date: Feb 2009
Car: 335I
Default 11-02-2016, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexic
Put me on the list, 7" VRSF intercooler. I have the heat shield and bracket. I just need the outlets.
Done sir.

N54Tech List:
1) T3hD0gg (LHD 335, ER Competition Intercooler, Heat Shield/Solenoid Bracket)
2) y09gsn (LHD 135, CP-e Intercooler, Heat Shield/Solenoid Bracket)
3) Nexic (LHD 335, 7" VRSF Intercooler, No)
4)
5)


See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.
Reply With Quote
(#399)
Old
rhodesman's Avatar
rhodesman rhodesman is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 265
Join Date: Apr 2011
Car: 335i
Default 11-02-2016, 11:28 AM

okay, pull my arm why don't you! Put me on the list:

US 2010 135i (LHD) w/ AMS Intercooler. And yes, include the heat shield!


Engine/Drivetrain Modifications:
Trebila ECU & AT tune, BMS OCC, BMS DCI, VSRF ceramic 3", VTT Chargepipe w/ Turbosmart BOV, VSRF 7.5" Intercooler, Fuel-It Stg4 LPFP, Pheonix Intake W/ 750cc PI, VTT GC F-RB+

Suspension:
Front & Rear 1M/M3 control arms & Subframe Bushings, MFactory YCW coils w/ Swift Springs

Exhaust:
Berk Street Performance Axle-back w/ titanium Midpipes
Reply With Quote
(#400)
Old
Rob@RBTurbo's Avatar
Rob@RBTurbo Rob@RBTurbo is offline
Stalker
 
Posts: 4,063
Join Date: Feb 2009
Car: 335I
Default 11-02-2016, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodesman
okay, pull my arm why don't you! Put me on the list:

US 2010 135i (LHD) w/ AMS Intercooler. And yes, include the heat shield!
You are on it!

N54Tech List:
1) T3hD0gg (LHD 335, ER Competition Intercooler, Heat Shield/Solenoid Bracket)
2) y09gsn (LHD 135, CP-e Intercooler, Heat Shield/Solenoid Bracket)
3) Nexic (LHD 335, 7" VRSF Intercooler, No)
4) rhodesman (LHD 135, AMS Intercooler, Heat Shield/Solenoid Bracket)
5)


See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Copyright 2007 - 2022, JB4tech.com