JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#126)
Old

Default 08-29-2016, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 540i2550i
I'm glad I read this a couple of days ago. Exact same thing happened to me about 80 miles from home today. Turned on the CC and about 30 seconds later "Drivetrain Malfunction" and "Stability Control" popped up.

I pulled over, contemplating switching to 0, but then I remembered that someone else had a similar issue in here. Restarted under map 2, drove the rest of the way home without any issues, and not using CC.

Aside from the JB4 Beta with map 2, I'm totally stock. I've been running it for a week without any issues up until when I turned on CC for the first time.
Also very glad to see that I'm not the only one. Car shut down 4 times on me. Drivetrain malfunction! Cleared after restart. I also noticed that cruise control was finicky and wouldn't always work. However I had Auto-clear (menu 4) set to 1 and so could never get any codes. Have since set to 0 and the issue has not reappeared and my cruise control is working well. Hopefully it's a menu 4 setting issue and this can be figured out and quickly.
(#127)
Old

Car: 550i
Default 08-30-2016, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb224
Also very glad to see that I'm not the only one. Car shut down 4 times on me. Drivetrain malfunction! Cleared after restart. I also noticed that cruise control was finicky and wouldn't always work. However I had Auto-clear (menu 4) set to 1 and so could never get any codes. Have since set to 0 and the issue has not reappeared and my cruise control is working well. Hopefully it's a menu 4 setting issue and this can be figured out and quickly.
Ok good to hear. So as long as it's 0, yours has been working fine? I can't remember if mine happened on 0 or 1, but now it's on 0. I'm out of town until Friday, so I won't be able to check. Are all your other selections (aside from map number) on 0 as well?
(#128)
Old

Default 08-30-2016, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 540i2550i
Ok good to hear. So as long as it's 0, yours has been working fine? I can't remember if mine happened on 0 or 1, but now it's on 0. I'm out of town until Friday, so I won't be able to check. Are all your other selections (aside from map number) on 0 as well?
Yes mine has been working fine since I set to 0 about a week and half ago. Longest I've gone without a transmission error/shut down. All settings at 0 except map.
(#129)
Old

Car: 2013 550i
Default Top speed help - 08-30-2016, 06:45 PM

Now that we have access to this new found power, is there anything in the works to get rid of or increase the top speed limiter?
(#130)
Old

Car: 2011 BMW 550i
Default 08-31-2016, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb224
Yes mine has been working fine since I set to 0 about a week and half ago. Longest I've gone without a transmission error/shut down. All settings at 0 except map.
Glad to know it wasnt just me.

which map are you in, I noticed i get drivetrain malf in map 2 and in map 1 the CC just doesnt wanna stay on, and on map 0 it works just fine ... lol wtf

Still cant get my boost gauge to work.
(#131)
Old

Default 08-31-2016, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricojorge
Glad to know it wasnt just me.

which map are you in, I noticed i get drivetrain malf in map 2 and in map 1 the CC just doesnt wanna stay on, and on map 0 it works just fine ... lol wtf

Still cant get my boost gauge to work.
Running map 2, with menu 4 (code auto-clear) set to 0. No issues since I set menu 4 = 0. For boost gauge, I made the mistake of forgetting that the menu gauge (speedo) starts from setting "0" so I was only pushing the BC button once, when in JB4 menu mode, instead of twice when attempting to access the boost gauge menu (menu 2 = 1). I thought mine wasn't working until I realized my mistake. Hopefully this is your issue too...otherwise not sure why yours doesn't work.
(#132)
Old

Car: 2013 BMW F10 550XI Msport
Default Cruise Control - 09-05-2016, 09:53 PM

I noticed my cruise control failing saturday night myself. Thought I was hitting something on the dash. Running Map 2 on the interface. Have not checked setting 4 to clear codes yet. Will do that tomorrow.

I did notice I was not getting significant pull from the car only running 93 octane. Once I put in an Octane booster, I felt the Pull which I was experiencing on the old Stage 2 (non BETA)

Running this with Dinan Intake, intercoolers and exhaust. Deleted Carbon filters and BadBlack high flow air filters. Also have a Pedal Box on the car set in yellow mode with first Red light as anything higher than that seems to slow the car down..

Will check the level 4 setting and see if that fixes the Cruise control. Maybe that should be set to Zero from BMS for the time being on other customers who may not be researching this thread.

No error lights right now, KNOCK ON WOOD.

...Mike
(#133)
Old

Car: 2013 550i...
Default 09-06-2016, 10:43 AM

Having issue with bcm install is there a detailed wire diagram .cliff note states one thing and diagram shown another ...opposite..kinda lost please help
(#134)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-06-2016, 12:18 PM

Which diagram is that?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#135)
Old

Default 09-06-2016, 03:08 PM

On first page of this threads the pics should one thing and the notes above pics say another
(#136)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-06-2016, 04:18 PM

OK fixed that up.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#137)
Old

Default 09-06-2016, 08:15 PM

Do you have pics on exactly how all the wires go on beta and bcm think I'm getting lost am I the only one with an issue... car runs really rich at about 5k car runs great with none of additional wires connected.. not trying to be a bother please help
(#138)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-07-2016, 08:14 AM

Photos are all in the installation post. If you need tuning help you'd need to post a JB4 log.

Burger Motorsports

(#139)
Old

Car: 2011 550xi M-Sport
Default 09-07-2016, 08:46 AM

Hello,

Brand new here but considering buying this JB4 Full Beta kit. I have a 2011 550xi M-Sport that I am looking to tune up and this looks to be a first step. I am not sure about what I need to do. I see there is Harness Type A and Type B and I am not sure which I should even be getting for my vehicle. Likewise I am looking at adding cold air induction system, intercoolers, exhaust and not sure where to go. I am coming off a fully tuned GT-R so my knowledge of BMW's is still weak. Sadly I needed a family car, but I still want it to go faster. Any help with the JB4 side of things would be greatly appreciated.
(#140)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-07-2016, 08:58 AM

Just start by installing the TMAP wires connections (like a Stage1) and go from there. Should be TypeA harness for 2011 but you can always check your TMAP connectors to verify.

Burger Motorsports

(#141)
Old

Car: 2011 550xi M-Sport
Default 09-08-2016, 09:35 AM

Thank you Terry!

If I order the wrong harness by accident, will I be able to change them out? Pretty excited to get some kind of decent performance out of this sedan.
(#142)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-08-2016, 11:42 AM

You need the right harness for it to fit/work. Photo of TMAP sensor? We can quickly check it for you.

Burger Motorsports

(#143)
Old

Car: 2010 535
Default 09-08-2016, 02:40 PM

Anyone run Map 7 yet?

2012 550i M sport - JB stage 1
(#144)
Old

Default 09-08-2016, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Here is a comparison to our previous best using the Stage2 system.
Which map were you running?

(#145)
Old

Car: 2013 BMW F10 550XI Msport
Default Code reset to zero - 09-10-2016, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikekilpatrick
I noticed my cruise control failing saturday night myself. Thought I was hitting something on the dash. Running Map 2 on the interface. Have not checked setting 4 to clear codes yet. Will do that tomorrow.

I did notice I was not getting significant pull from the car only running 93 octane. Once I put in an Octane booster, I felt the Pull which I was experiencing on the old Stage 2 (non BETA)

Running this with Dinan Intake, intercoolers and exhaust. Deleted Carbon filters and BadBlack high flow air filters. Also have a Pedal Box on the car set in yellow mode with first Red light as anything higher than that seems to slow the car down..

Will check the level 4 setting and see if that fixes the Cruise control. Maybe that should be set to Zero from BMS for the time being on other customers who may not be researching this thread.

...Mike
You, set it to zero and cruise control is fine now. Have not hooked up the BCM or fuel wires yet. Figured I would let the beta testing run its course first.

Running stage map 2 on the car with 93 octane and an octane booster. I notice a significant performance boost with octane increased.

No errors lights, knock on wood. Also, found an iPad holder that mounts to passenger side seat bolt. This allows the BMS booth tooth data logging to be displayed right next to shifter. A neat idea for anyone that ordered this option.
(#146)
Old

Default 09-11-2016, 12:07 PM

So got wires sorted out running great got run with e55 amg fully modded.. I have bcm .ms109 should I mix or run straight thinking of running map7 what else do i need to run that map? GREAT PRODUCT I HAVE NO COMPLAINTS...
(#147)
Old

Car: 2011 750Li, 2015 M5
Default 09-12-2016, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikekilpatrick

...Mike

What are and where did you buy your BadBlack High Flow Air Filters?
(#148)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-12-2016, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmracer
So got wires sorted out running great got run with e55 amg fully modded.. I have bcm .ms109 should I mix or run straight thinking of running map7 what else do i need to run that map? GREAT PRODUCT I HAVE NO COMPLAINTS...
For the tuning advice just email in logs as is on say map2 and we can evaluate it for you.

Burger Motorsports

(#149)
Old

Default 09-12-2016, 09:47 AM

How much total timing does the stage 1 and stage 2 run compared to the jb4?

(#150)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-12-2016, 12:29 PM

JB4 is setup to run more advance than the Stage2 as we no longer spoof the IAT signal to lower advance. You'd need to datalog the specific situation though if you want actual numbers.

Burger Motorsports