JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#76)
Old

Car: Bmw 335i e92
Default 03-14-2014, 03:15 AM

Great looking car and nice vid's, but please make one where we can hear the exhaust now with the dp, thx
(#77)
Old

Car: M135i
Default 03-14-2014, 10:23 AM

Car looks insane and that power..... Jealous for days
(#78)
Old
Administrator

Car: M340i,X5,Raptor,C7 ZR1
Default 03-17-2014, 10:57 PM

After driving Terry's F10 M5 I noticed that the steering wheel had a split in it you could see through. My 4 Series did not. The M5 paddles were also different. I ordered all the parts and installed everything in my 435i. The steering wheel looks great. The M5 paddles however did not work on the 435 but I will get back to that on another date.

You need to have paddles to do this M5 steering cover mod or you will have holes in the back of your wheel where the paddles are supposed to go.

Part numbers for the front and back plate for the M5 to F32 wheel conversion:
DECOR TRIM COVER STEERING (front) 32307846029 $153.75
COVER FOR STEERING WHEEL (back) 32307848270 $43.82
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#79)
Old

Car: F31 328XI N20 03/2013
Default 03-18-2014, 01:01 AM

Nice mod! Did this already in my 328xi!
You have to use the control modules from your old paddles.
You can use them with the new M5/M6 paddles. Then it will work!

F31 | 328XI | N20B20A | 03/2013 | JB4 Stage 2 | Map 2 | FF Wires | 4" DP | Wagner Comp FMIC | Pipercross drop in | OCC | KW V2
Bid assistance in Germany for troubleshooting, coding, alpina flash, ecu tuning etc.
(#80)
Old
Administrator

Default 04-11-2014, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuMMiBaEr
Nice mod! Did this already in my 328xi!
You have to use the control modules from your old paddles.
You can use them with the new M5/M6 paddles. Then it will work!
Thank you for your advice in the private message. I was able to take the paddles apart by sliding the little pin out and swapping the electronics like you said. Works and look great.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#81)
Old

Car: F31 328XI N20 03/2013
Default 04-11-2014, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason @ BMS
Thank you for your advice in the private message. I was able to take the paddles apart by sliding the little pin out and swapping the electronics like you said. Works and look great.
No problem Jason!

But did im looking good?
Didnt coded away the boring BMW Logo in your instrument cluster? The performance logo looks so much greater!

F31 | 328XI | N20B20A | 03/2013 | JB4 Stage 2 | Map 2 | FF Wires | 4" DP | Wagner Comp FMIC | Pipercross drop in | OCC | KW V2
Bid assistance in Germany for troubleshooting, coding, alpina flash, ecu tuning etc.
(#82)
Old

Car: 435i
Default 04-22-2014, 09:10 PM

Hey Jason,
Did you have any issues with paint adhesion when painting your reflectors? I'm having a tough time....I'll try some plastic primer and try again.
(#83)
Old
Administrator

Default 04-23-2014, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayitaintso
Hey Jason,
Did you have any issues with paint adhesion when painting your reflectors? I'm having a tough time....I'll try some plastic primer and try again.
I didn't use primer. I sanded them with a fine sandpaper. I also sanded the raised letters down. Then painted them. Then clear coated them. Don't go too thick with the primer and make sure you let them dry well before putting them back in.

You can also always buy them pre-painted.

Burger Motorsports

(#84)
Old

Car: 335Ci
Default 04-27-2014, 11:11 AM

Hey Jason,
have you installed OCC ? Where?
(#85)
Old
Administrator

Default 04-28-2014, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smahel
Hey Jason,
have you installed OCC ? Where?
There is no OCC installed on my 435i.

We have rigged them up to the F series N55 engines for testing and have found that the engines run clean and have little oil blow-by. Even after thousands of miles of brutal testing on race gas. Nothing in the cans. So we decided not to make a OCC kit for F series N55 engines. When they get older we'll reevaluate. Now the N20 is another story.

Burger Motorsports

(#86)
Old

Car: 2011 e92 335xi
Default 04-28-2014, 03:51 PM

How did you handle the airbag?
(#87)
Old
Administrator

Default 04-28-2014, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iuhutch
How did you handle the airbag?
To remove the airbag you must first unhook the negative terminal on the battery. Failure to do so will cause an SRS airbag light appear on the dash.

Then you put a screwdriver through the little holes on the left and right of the back of the steering wheel and unhook each side of the BMW airbag. The screwdriver will go in at an upward angle. The clip/release mechanism works like a safety pin. The airbag will pop up a bit on that side when you press the screwdriver in. Pull the airbag straight out and unhook from the wheel. Unplug the black connector on the wheel and pull the airbag straight out. Make sure no wires or anything is in the way when reinstalling the airbag. I recommend taking a photo of where everything is before you take the wheel apart.

Burger Motorsports

(#88)
Old

Car: 335Ci
Default 04-29-2014, 01:47 AM

Quote:
There is no OCC installed on my 435i.

We have rigged them up to the F series N55 engines for testing and have found that the engines run clean and have little oil blow-by. Even after thousands of miles of brutal testing on race gas. Nothing in the cans. So we decided not to make a OCC kit for F series N55 engines. When they get older we'll reevaluate. Now the N20 is another story.
O.K. Thanks.
So my OCC from E92 is useless...
(#89)
Old
Administrator

Default 08-11-2014, 03:39 PM

A lot has changed on the 435i since my last post in this thread and will post pics of the mods as I take them. Among other things I just upgraded the turbo to a Pure Stage 1 and it's been great. Here is the post for those not following it. http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showth...highlight=pure

The BMS 435i was also featured in Bimmer Magazine and was also mentioned in European Car magazine in the "No Fly Zone 4" article.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#90)
Old
Demigod

Car: 12' 135i
Default 08-11-2014, 04:19 PM

dude thats badass! congrats jason!! i just got my car back from a pure upgrade as well...what a difference!

18 Glacier white RS3
#PURETURBOS
#FUELIT
(#91)
Old
Administrator

Default 08-23-2014, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newguy123
dude thats badass! congrats jason!! i just got my car back from a pure upgrade as well...what a difference!
Thanks! I have been enjoying the Pure turbo and it's great sound.

I recently added some OEM BMW carbon fiber goods and a pair of carbon fiber side vents from a manufacturer here in California.

OEM BMW Carbon Fiber Side Mirrors.
I was pretty positive they would look good and it was an easy choice.

Install: Make sure the mirror glass is straight. Then put something flat and thin under the mirror and pry outwards to remove the mirror lens. Be sure the pry tool does not scratch the mirror housing. Then disconnect the 2 small lens heater wires. The factory mirror cover pops out from the inside if I can remember correctly. You have to bust off some small tabs for the CF cover to go in and the CF covers come with torx screws so they fit in nice and snug and wont be whistling. The factory mirror glass just snaps straight back on.

OEM BMW carbon fiber rear spoiler.
It is so light you can't believe it. I have never seen a spoiler this light. I thought the box was definitely empty when they handed it to me. This spoiler took about 5 days to get used to after I installed it. I rested it on the trunk and for a few days and kept taking it on and off and still was not sure. I went for it and now love it. I really wanted to paint it but was talked out of it.

Install: I purchased the Betalink glue in the tube kit from the dealer and glued the spoiler to the trunk just like the ACS roof spoilers I have had in the past. It had double sided tape under it but I don't trust it. I used thick blue painters Tape to hold it down for 24 hours while the glue dried. i didn't drive the car for 2 days either.

They were both purchased at Bob Smith BMW parts dept. in Calabasas, CA where I purchased the car.

I also got the OEM BMW performance carbon fiber license plate frame. This is very nice and very lightweight.

Aftermarket OEM Side Vent refinished in real carbon fiber.
I got these from a guy right here in California and love them.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-F32-4-SE...4d7ab4&vxp=mtr

Install: I used a plastic body panel puller to pry the factory vents off. I busted off the tabs on the factory side vents when removing them. If you are extra slow and careful removing them maybe you will have better luck. The carbon fiber replacements just clicked in after I transferred the puffy insulation sticker foam from the factory vent. I think this is to prevent vibration and make them fit sung. Again be carful peeling this off and transferring it.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#92)
Old
Demigod

Default 08-23-2014, 11:43 PM

Looks tits man nice work!

18 Glacier white RS3
#PURETURBOS
#FUELIT
(#93)
Old

Car: M135i
Default 08-24-2014, 10:51 PM

Looks the bomb
(#94)
Old

Car: 2011 e92 335xi
Default 08-26-2014, 08:37 PM

Incredible car! Wow miswell bought an m4 tho, no?
(#95)
Old
Demigod

Car: F20 M135i
Default 08-27-2014, 01:15 AM

When will you install meth?

F21 M140i - 100-200: 5.18 60-130: 5.96
Audi TTRS - 100-200: 4.01 60-130: 4.5
F80 M3 - 100-200: 4.32, 60-130: 4.8
F20 M135i (sold) - 100-200: 6.26 , 60-130: 7.4
peter@pureturbos.eu
peter@pureturbos.com
peter@protuningfreaks.com
pureturbos.eu
(#96)
Old
Administrator

Default 08-27-2014, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkiedm4
When will you install meth?
After I install my ER F chassis intercooler and test it. The Er charge pipe is in with bungs so it is meth ready!

http://www.burgertuning.com/F_chassi...oler_FMIC.html
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#97)
Old
Demigod

Default 08-27-2014, 01:51 PM

Suhweeet! I should be getting my ER fmic tomorrow

18 Glacier white RS3
#PURETURBOS
#FUELIT
(#98)
Old
Demigod

Car: F20 M135i
Default 08-28-2014, 01:12 AM

Quote:
After I install my ER F chassis intercooler and test it. The Er charge pipe is in with bungs so it is meth ready!

Cant wait till you get that installed and run the meth kit on your car

F21 M140i - 100-200: 5.18 60-130: 5.96
Audi TTRS - 100-200: 4.01 60-130: 4.5
F80 M3 - 100-200: 4.32, 60-130: 4.8
F20 M135i (sold) - 100-200: 6.26 , 60-130: 7.4
peter@pureturbos.eu
peter@pureturbos.com
peter@protuningfreaks.com
pureturbos.eu
(#99)
Old
M-Terkait

Car: F30 335i
Default front brakes - 08-28-2014, 08:59 PM

are these Mperf rotors or you swapped for something else?

N55 - Doc race 6266.
(#100)
Old

Car: Bmw 328i F30
Default 08-29-2014, 06:59 AM

Quote:

This is Great Jason, tell me updates what is dyno number gains !!

F30 328i - 8 auto.. JB4+FF+EWG, OCC, Injen Intake+scoop, AFE dp, AA axle-back - H&R springs, H&R rear SB - Front Strut - F&R BMS spacers..