N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-15-2018, 05:27 PM

It's tricky but not 3-5hrs. Jon@BMS will be making the install guide so I'll defer to him on how long it actually takes a first timer. Probably 1-2hrs first time though I'd guess.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#27)
Old
JB4 addict

Car: powered by JB4
Default 12-17-2018, 01:12 PM

Thanks Terry!

I had another question with this platform - will the JB4 be able to read and delete any CELs or 'shadow codes' like it can on the BMW platforms?
(#28)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-17-2018, 07:36 PM

Yes it has read/delete codes... And harnesses are in. Will work on getting them on website tomorrow for BETA.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#29)
Old
JB4 addict

Default 12-17-2018, 08:50 PM

Fantastic, cannot wait to plug one of these in. Now I just need to find someone to buy the B58 jb4 off me lol :D
(#30)
Old
Administrator

Default 12-18-2018, 01:22 PM

I would expect 1-2 hours to be a fair estimate of a first time install, following the guide carefully.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#31)
Old
JB4 addict

Default 12-18-2018, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon @ BMS
I would expect 1-2 hours to be a fair estimate of a first time install, following the guide carefully.
Wow, that does sound a lot longer/trickier than the B58 install. Can get that one installed pretty quickly ~15mins slowly tidying up etc. @Jon, can you PM the install guide as soon as you have it available please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Yes it has read/delete codes... And harnesses are in. Will work on getting them on website tomorrow for BETA.
@Terry - one more question (sorry) - for this unit, I assume there will be an OBD connection? Would it be possible to use the "flat/slimline' connector for these so it can sit flush when connected?
(#32)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 12-18-2018, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikiii
Wow, that does sound a lot longer/trickier than the B58 install. Can get that one installed pretty quickly ~15mins slowly tidying up etc. @Jon, can you PM the install guide as soon as you have it available please?

@Terry - one more question (sorry) - for this unit, I assume there will be an OBD connection? Would it be possible to use the "flat/slimline' connector for these so it can sit flush when connected?
Install guide will be posted soon!

Yes, we include the slim OBD now for all models

Burger Motorsports

(#33)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-19-2018, 10:45 AM

This thread is going to be become the primary C63 JB4 support thread. Working on modifying it now.

Burger Motorsports

(#34)
Old
JB4 addict

Default 12-19-2018, 02:01 PM

You got me super excited with first post cleanup and this:
Quote:
clicked it and realised it's just the "coming soon" link
(#35)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-19-2018, 02:36 PM

Hah we're working on the page right now. Give me a couple hrs.

Burger Motorsports

(#36)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-19-2018, 09:51 PM

Mercedes-Benz C63/E63/GTS JB4 Tuner | BurgerTuning.com

Burger Motorsports

(#37)
Old

Car: MB W205 C250
Default 12-19-2018, 09:59 PM

Woow finally! Thats great!

When will be the intake available?

Group buy / first 25 buy available?

Ordered I hope I am first order .) Jaromir...

Last edited by notabenex; 12-19-2018 at 10:18 PM..
(#38)
Old
JB4 addict

Default 12-19-2018, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Fantastic - just sent you email with some questions Terry.
(#39)
Old

Car: MB W205 C250
Default 12-20-2018, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Feel free to post it here so others can learn from it thx
(#40)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-20-2018, 09:45 AM

Quote:
One on many format is easier for us too, just ask here.

Burger Motorsports

(#41)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-20-2018, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notabenex
Woow finally! Thats great!

When will be the intake available?

Group buy / first 25 buy available?

Ordered I hope I am first order .) Jaromir...
Thanks! Intake, we're working on production. It's slower than I'd like but coming along.

Burger Motorsports

(#42)
Old
JB4 addict

Default 12-20-2018, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notabenex
Feel free to post it here so others can learn from it thx
Quote:
One on many format is easier for us too, just ask here.
Yep will post here in future. Thanks guys - was just asking Terry about RHD install & my concern for cable length etc. Terry has said he'll supply a longer cable for my

Also going ahead with ordering 2x units - let me know how etc. Terry
(#43)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-20-2018, 06:00 PM

Ah yes on RHD shipments we provide the longer OBDII cable automatically.

Burger Motorsports

(#44)
Old
JB4 addict

Default 12-21-2018, 02:59 PM

Fantastic - ordered and now eagerly awaiting.

Also wanted to check, until we have in-dash controls to change maps - we would have to change via app or laptop (data cable). This would mean car on & running (not acc) and selecting map via the application and it'll save/stick?
(#45)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-21-2018, 03:49 PM

You change maps, settings, etc, whenever you want. Engine running is fine. Firmware updated you'd turn ign on, engine off, to load.

Burger Motorsports

(#46)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 12-21-2018, 10:35 PM

Terry, got my shipping confirmation today, very excited to get it in next week.

I'm curious if you recommend me getting the ECU flashed back to stock map, its currently on a eurocharged stage 1 tune. I'm sure it's not much different than stock map minus CEL delete and boost target.

My car has ******* ********* and pure 900 turbos, im dying to get this thing off of low boost and see what it can do, and get boost by gear going.. I can't catch traction to save my life under 80 despite the 295s on the rear and low boost.
(#47)
Old

Car: BMW
Default 12-23-2018, 04:09 PM

Great News ! on the website i saw a mention to other platforms like the AMG GTS , is it directly compatible or we will need to wait for you to release a specific Jb4 for other platform.
(#48)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-23-2018, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Pink
Terry, got my shipping confirmation today, very excited to get it in next week.

I'm curious if you recommend me getting the ECU flashed back to stock map, its currently on a eurocharged stage 1 tune. I'm sure it's not much different than stock map minus CEL delete and boost target.

My car has ******* ********* and pure 900 turbos, im dying to get this thing off of low boost and see what it can do, and get boost by gear going.. I can't catch traction to save my life under 80 despite the 295s on the rear and low boost.
Since it's already flashed for starters just send us a JB4 log on map0 so we can see how the flash it setup, determine if there is more power to be had there for you, adjust the boost by gear, etc.

Burger Motorsports

(#49)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-23-2018, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasir.alshehhi
Great News ! on the website i saw a mention to other platforms like the AMG GTS , is it directly compatible or we will need to wait for you to release a specific Jb4 for other platform.
I think it's compatible with all similar platforms, but we've only tested the C63/C63S so far. Check out our install guide and see if your vehicle has similar sensor locations and connectors. If so, it should be compatible.

Burger Motorsports

(#50)
Old

Car: AMG C63
Default 12-24-2018, 10:11 AM

Looking at the original dyno charts I don't see any numbers using 91 or 93 octane with the JB4.

I'd like to bump the performance on the car but won't be adding a 30% E85 mix or race gas.

Any chance to get some numbers with pump gas?