N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#2551)
Old

Car: 2018 Kia Stinger GT2 3.3TT
Default 08-15-2019, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Map3 might be making a little more power but I prefer the map2 logs for the fuel/mods.
Got it. Almost unseasonably cool here, too. Map 2 it is!

But if I wanted to play, a couple of gallons of e85 should add some peace of mind on Map 3, yes?
(#2552)
Old

Car: 2018 kia stinger
Default 08-15-2019, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Logs look fairly clean to me. A few timing drops up top indicating more meth or octane would be beneficial but nothing severe. I'd expect better 1/4 mile times but some tracks are slower than others. Do a map0 run for stock tuning comparison on the same day?
I will do that
(#2553)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-15-2019, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stung
Got it. Almost unseasonably cool here, too. Map 2 it is!

But if I wanted to play, a couple of gallons of e85 should add some peace of mind on Map 3, yes?
Correct, or octane booster.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2554)
Old

Default 08-15-2019, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Correct, or octane booster.
I appreciate all the support Terry!
(#2555)
Old

Car: KIA Stinger GT2
Default KIA STinger GT New JB4 Evaluation - 08-17-2019, 12:21 AM

Hello everyone,
I'm new to the forum discussion, sent here by another Stinger GT owner.
This is my second Stinger GT2 and recently swapped my 2019 Stinger for Denso plugs and installed the JB4 after touching 1500 miles on the ODO.
I babied the car for the first 1000+ and still don't push this car very hard.
By themselves, the 2 cars are dramatically different in behavior and feel stock. My 2018 Launches effortlessly, but the 2019 is better on the run.
However, after installing the JB4, I have noticed slight performance gains on the 2019, but nothing I feel as overly spectacular. Worst thing is, I still have horribly terrible throttle lag no matter what. The 2018 actually shoots off the line quicker completely stock, than the 2019 does with the JB4.

Little background.
Both cars are bone stock
2018 AWD is using factory tune
2019 AWD s using new JB4 with Bluetooth
Running California 91 octane
2019 JB4 is set to Map1 with the 91 octane
No *********, no Aftermarket Air Intakes

Things I've noticed, boost graph doesn't look as expected
JB4 doesn't always display shifts I though I felt/heard on a run
JB4 is set to record upon 90%, yet hasn't recorded all runs
JB4 sometimes disconnects on it's own. Conflict with Android Auto?
MPH graph line doesn't seem to work, at all
RPMs aren't registering on log, what I've seen on the tachometer
Sometimes I feel something weird upon acceleration
Like a shudder or like something isn't firing correctly
Almost feels like a clutch slippage or something
My Stinger friend didn't think some of the data looked correct for the action performed and expected results.
Sent picture graphs to another car guy out of State, he didn't think it looked right either, based on dash cam video of pull, along with the data
Been a while since I've been in another tuned Stinger, but my AWD with JB4 does not feel to be as quick as RWD with JB4 (Expected) or AWD w/Lap3.
I'd say JB4 performance overall has been intermittent, and the car feels better at a gradual pedal push than a stomp, for sure.

Question, can you guys please help?
Be gentle, this is my fist time on here

What is the criteria for a good run log prep?
Starting Speed
Starting Gear
Starting RPM
Run Distance
Etc.

What format and how do you like to see/receive the logs?
Steps to attaching by format
What additional information can I provide for better evaluation?
I also want to make sure the settings are healthy with the car.

Thank you, looking forward to what JB4 can do
Ohh... I also get a surge when releasing the throttle like a compression build.
Suppose I can relate to my performance 4 wheeler if I down shift a couple times rapidly. Stinger will draw back in velocity and get a little thunk sometimes. Waste gate?

Thank you!

Attachments are from a pedal stomp at 25 mph held till 100 mph

Last edited by StingerWolf; 08-19-2019 at 09:46 AM..
(#2556)
Old

Car: 2019 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Default Map2 Too Much? - 08-17-2019, 09:31 AM

Hello,

I recently installed my new JB4 with Denso Plugs gapped to 0.022 and only have 91 octane here in Albuquerque, NM. I will run and post a couple logs at Map1 and Map2. Any way to tell if Map2 is pushing it too much on 91 octane? Other mods include sunken CAI and Ark ***.
Thanks you.
(#2557)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-17-2019, 02:49 PM

We can check your map2 logs and look at timing advance to determine whether it's safe or not. Elevation also plays a role.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2558)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-17-2019, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingerWolf
Hello everyone,
The log you posted looks as expected to me.

Looks like you got up to 68mph in it so it's a short log. You can view logs in the app or email to yourself and view in the window interface which is a little easier. You attach the CSV file to your post if you need additional information.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#2559)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-17-2019, 06:35 PM

Added the 2L boost side oil catch can kit to our site: https://www.burgertuning.com/collect...a-stinger-2-0l

Burger Motorsports

(#2560)
Old

Car: KIA Stinger GT2
Default KIA Stinger GT New JB4 Evaluation - 08-17-2019, 07:19 PM

Quote:
The log you posted looks as expected to me.

Looks like you got up to 68mph in it so it's a short log. You can view logs in the app or email to yourself and view in the window interface which is a little easier. You attach the CSV file to your post if you need additional information.
I will attempt to get some cleaner runs together for you.
Also will mark if I encounter something that feels weird again, like the stutter or clutch slippage type feeling.

Other weird thing is that as you said, looks like I got up to 68 mph, but my HUD actually displayed 98 before I backed it off. I am also curious about my throttle response. After the freeway log sent in the forum, an Audi S5 who entered behind me pushed for a roll race. It may have been poor timing on the gear to RPM, but I waited for a downshift before full throttle at around 46 mph, my pedal timing was spot on, but by the time my car responded, he had easily jumped over a half car length in front of me.

Anyways, I'll get some cleaner files over, and also compare directly side by side with another Stinger on JB4, if I'm able.

Thank you
(#2561)
Old

Car: 2019 Stinger GT2
Default 08-18-2019, 08:53 AM

Hi Terry,

Can you take a look at these two logs, both are 1/4 mile passes. Map3 with 93 octane and 5 Gal of E85. BMS intakes, fuel wires and stock plugs gapped to .024". I'll be ordering new plugs from you today to replace the stock ones.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-08-16 18_24_21_Map-3.csv (11.7 KB, 9 views)
File Type: csv 2019-08-16 19_31_54_Map-3.csv (23.7 KB, 10 views)
(#2562)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-18-2019, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy B
Hi Terry,

Can you take a look at these two logs, both are 1/4 mile passes. Map3 with 93 octane and 5 Gal of E85. BMS intakes, fuel wires and stock plugs gapped to .024". I'll be ordering new plugs from you today to replace the stock ones.
Looks as expected to me.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#2563)
Old
Kia Efficinato

Car: 2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD
Default 08-19-2019, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko04
Well thatís really not free. Maybe your time is but certainly not mine. If someone is going to take the time to pull plugs it only makes sense to drop a better plug in as opposed to the trash KIA used (even re-gapped).
First, your time is free. Every day you wake up, it is given to you freely. You don't work for it. You don't pay for it. 24 hours. Here you go! It's a gift. LOL

Second, explain to me how the factory plugs qualify as trash?

-MurlinatoR

Connoisseur of all things Kia
(#2564)
Old

Car: 2019 STINGER GT2
Default 08-19-2019, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurlinatoR
First, your time is free. Every day you wake up, it is given to you freely. You don't work for it. You don't pay for it. 24 hours. Here you go! It's a gift. LOL

Because in a tuned application... they are!
(#2565)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-19-2019, 03:36 PM

The issue with the factory plugs is that for reasons unknown they are prone to ceramic cracking, even when properly gapped. The Denso is an inexpensive option that IMHO is better. But the risks of damage beyond the plugs is low so I get why people just regap the factory plugs. For many it works great. In some cases it doesn't, and then they can do the Denso if needed.

Burger Motorsports

(#2566)
Old

Car: N55 335i
Default 08-19-2019, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurlinatoR

First, my time isnít free. My time comes at a rate of $200/hr ó and itís not infinite, itís limited and I do work for it.

Second, see the previous two posts or the plethora of others, some including pictures, that show the trash factory plugs.
(#2567)
Old
BMS Fanboy

Car: 2019 Kia Stinger GT RWD
Default 08-20-2019, 08:44 AM

Quote:
1) With CPI E50 is the current maximum level for tuning reasons. No indication the fuel system hardware would have any issue with straight E85, though.

2) CPI is not needed for E30. It's for people who want to run closer to E50 which is enough octane to max out the factory turbos.
What is it about CPI that allows you to run a higher ethanol content?
(#2568)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-20-2019, 09:54 AM

Supplements the high fuel pressure pump limitations.

Burger Motorsports

(#2569)
Old
BMS Fanboy

Car: 2019 Kia Stinger GT RWD
Default 08-20-2019, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Supplements the high fuel pressure pump limitations.
EDIT:

Disregard, I found your thread on stingerforums, and got all the info I needed.

Last edited by P4RTYH4RTY; 08-20-2019 at 10:59 AM..
(#2570)
Old

Car: Stinger
Default 08-23-2019, 06:25 PM

Is there a way I can turn up boost safety past 21 on the pc app. Limit is set to 21 and everyone else with Bluetooth seem to be able to go up to 25.
(#2571)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-24-2019, 09:00 AM

Not until v11 firmware where we recsaled the interface.

Burger Motorsports

(#2572)
Old

Default 08-24-2019, 07:18 PM

I have noticed something since I’ve had my jb4 installed and I’m just wondering if it’s normal and what might cause it. I’m thinking it’s not a issue but I just want to make sure. Ive had the jb4 for a year now with zero issues. I’ve noticed something when I run map 2 or higher. When I do full throttle runs and let off throttle very quickly it’s not smooth like map 0 or lower then map 2. It’s hard to explain what I feel but it’s almost like power stops more aggressively and harsher. Maybe it’s just the throttle body’s closing more abruptly with the added boost? It’s like when a motor is under throttle and it’s torquing to one way then it stops when you let off and you can feel it.

Last edited by Adamdan; 08-24-2019 at 07:26 PM..
(#2573)
Old

Default 08-25-2019, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamdan
I have noticed something since Iíve had my jb4 installed and Iím just wondering if itís normal and what might cause it. Iím thinking itís not a issue but I just want to make sure. Ive had the jb4 for a year now with zero issues. Iíve noticed something when I run map 2 or higher. When I do full throttle runs and let off throttle very quickly itís not smooth like map 0 or lower then map 2. Itís hard to explain what I feel but itís almost like power stops more aggressively and harsher. Maybe itís just the throttle bodyís closing more abruptly with the added boost? Itís like when a motor is under throttle and itís torquing to one way then it stops when you let off and you can feel it.
The same thing happened to me, and I started getting what sounded like turbo flutter.

I ended up getting adjustable recirculation / atomospheric BOVs. Letting up the pedal in the full atmospheric mode is much smoother now, and likely kinder to your turbos.
(#2574)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-25-2019, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamdan
I have noticed something since Iíve had my jb4 installed and Iím just wondering if itís normal and what might cause it. Iím thinking itís not a issue but I just want to make sure. Ive had the jb4 for a year now with zero issues. Iíve noticed something when I run map 2 or higher. When I do full throttle runs and let off throttle very quickly itís not smooth like map 0 or lower then map 2. Itís hard to explain what I feel but itís almost like power stops more aggressively and harsher. Maybe itís just the throttle bodyís closing more abruptly with the added boost? Itís like when a motor is under throttle and itís torquing to one way then it stops when you let off and you can feel it.
Normal from running higher boost levels. More boost = more airflow to blow out the diverters.

Burger Motorsports

(#2575)
Old

Default 08-29-2019, 09:14 AM

I understand boost can be limited by gear. And that it's used primarily for launching with limited wheelspin. Where do I make those adjustments and what are the recommendations for an AWD for both Map 2 and Map 3?

Thank you!