JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#1276)
Old
danbfree's Avatar
danbfree danbfree is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 33
Join Date: Dec 2021
Car: 2017 Golf TSi 1.8L
Default 05-13-2022, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok
Good info, welcome to the better car.
Thanks! I will always respect VW for having some great driving cars, but Mazda has amazing quality and features for the money that VW can't touch!

So the new JB4 arrived today, I couldn't believe how easy it is to install on a M3T! Also got CorkSport SRI intake with heat shield installed as well, I actually picked up the heat shield from them directly over in Vancouver, they have a nice little collection of Mazda's in their parking lot, as you might imagine!

So, Havok, I did try Map2 on our 92 and unfortunately got more corrections than I'd like. I think fuel quality is going down with everything, I'm gonna run down to Jay's Garage tomorrow, the only place with e85 in Portland and put a couple of gallons in the tank and also have a 7.5 gallon jug to fill. It is supposed to be from a small local producer so apparently it's 88% year round! At $5 gallon, this isn't cheap subsidized Cali stuff, doesn't take much at all to, pardon the pun, knock out the knock, so we'll see!


Mazda 3/CX-30 BETA tester BMS267264 - '22 Platinum Quartz Metallic M3TH - Performance mods: 235/40/18 on 18x8 wheels, JB4, CorkSport Intake w/heatshield.
Reply With Quote
(#1277)
Old
danbfree's Avatar
danbfree danbfree is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 33
Join Date: Dec 2021
Car: 2017 Golf TSi 1.8L
Default 05-13-2022, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cx5-sleeper
Small world. Was glad to hear that about PNW 92!
Well, with my JB4 today our 92 didn't do so hot on Map 2, had a lot of IGN_2 corrections... It could be because of everything going on in the world right now that the fuel quality is suffering or Map 2 really is quite aggressive. I'm gonna, try to get some e85 tomorrow and see if that helps!


Mazda 3/CX-30 BETA tester BMS267264 - '22 Platinum Quartz Metallic M3TH - Performance mods: 235/40/18 on 18x8 wheels, JB4, CorkSport Intake w/heatshield.
Reply With Quote
(#1278)
Old
Uncanny M Uncanny M is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 18
Join Date: Apr 2022
Car: 2022 Mazda CX-30 Turbo
Default 05-13-2022, 10:17 PM

I noticed that Map 1 is listed as 'suitable for all pump fuels' on page 1 but listed as 91+ octane in the app. I usually run premium fuel, but it would be helpful to know if I shouldn't run Map 1 during those occasions I do fill up with 87.

Thanks!

Last edited by Uncanny M; 05-13-2022 at 10:54 PM..
Reply With Quote
(#1279)
Old
danbfree's Avatar
danbfree danbfree is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 33
Join Date: Dec 2021
Car: 2017 Golf TSi 1.8L
Default 05-13-2022, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncanny M
I noticed that Map 1 is listed as 'suitable for all pump fuels' on page 1 but listed as 91+ octane in the app. I usually run premium fuel, but it would be helpful to know if I shouldn't run Map 1 during those occasions I do fill up with 87.

Thanks!
Definitely needs 91+, the page 1 info is off. If you want to run 87 just set it to Map 0 - passthrough/no added boost mode, which can be useful for road trips to save on gas and don't need the added performance.


Mazda 3/CX-30 BETA tester BMS267264 - '22 Platinum Quartz Metallic M3TH - Performance mods: 235/40/18 on 18x8 wheels, JB4, CorkSport Intake w/heatshield.
Reply With Quote
(#1280)
Old
Terry @ BMS's Avatar
Terry @ BMS Terry @ BMS is offline
Tuner
 
Posts: 34,247
Join Date: Jan 2008
Default 05-14-2022, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncanny M
I noticed that Map 1 is listed as 'suitable for all pump fuels' on page 1 but listed as 91+ octane in the app. I usually run premium fuel, but it would be helpful to know if I shouldn't run Map 1 during those occasions I do fill up with 87.

Thanks!
Technically 87 octane won't melt the car down but leave the JB4 on map0 if you're going to do it. Or at least don't go racing around if JB4 is stuck enabled.


Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
Reply With Quote
(#1281)
Old
hello_marco hello_marco is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 10
Join Date: Sep 2021
Car: 2021 Mazda CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus
Default 05-14-2022, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danbfree
So the new JB4 arrived today, I couldn't believe how easy it is to install on a M3T! Also got CorkSport SRI intake with heat shield installed as well, I actually picked up the heat shield from them directly over in Vancouver, they have a nice little collection of Mazda's in their parking lot, as you might imagine!
where/how did you mount the JB4? I installed my heat shield, but wasn't sure the best way to put the JB4 back
Reply With Quote
(#1282)
Old
danbfree's Avatar
danbfree danbfree is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 33
Join Date: Dec 2021
Car: 2017 Golf TSi 1.8L
Default 05-14-2022, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_marco
where/how did you mount the JB4? I installed my heat shield, but wasn't sure the best way to put the JB4 back
I replied to you on FB, but I'll add here, since I need to get my post count up anyway, they I'll add a pic later today when I head out for my night shift tonight.

Also, in general, for those at least two of you guys in Oregon running 92, I'm thinking we split the difference in the +3 of map 1 and the +4 of map 2 and use map 6 and charge all the 4.0 in the boost curve to 3.5 but also make sure you set all the fuel bias to 25 which hopefully you did already as mentioned earlier by Terry. I'll confirm results doing that tonight

As far as the app and beta in Android, the app was already installed for my previous non beta car and it connected and updated firmware and works as normal, without me having to uninstall and reinstall through the Play site as beta. So maybe not technically a beta, at least for the Android app any longer.

Terry, before I can post logs, you said that Ign_2 are negative corrections, what is the scale of what is acceptable/minor, what are moderate and what is bad for this number? Is hitting 4.8 suddenly at the very top after 5300rpm really bad or normal'ish when keeping the the throttle pegged on the auto and it does this right before shifting?


Mazda 3/CX-30 BETA tester BMS267264 - '22 Platinum Quartz Metallic M3TH - Performance mods: 235/40/18 on 18x8 wheels, JB4, CorkSport Intake w/heatshield.
Reply With Quote
(#1283)
Old
Havok Havok is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 109
Join Date: Aug 2021
Car: 2021 Mazda3 Turbo AWD
Default 05-14-2022, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danbfree
Thanks! I will always respect VW for having some great driving cars, but Mazda has amazing quality and features for the money that VW can't touch!

So the new JB4 arrived today, I couldn't believe how easy it is to install on a M3T! Also got CorkSport SRI intake with heat shield installed as well, I actually picked up the heat shield from them directly over in Vancouver, they have a nice little collection of Mazda's in their parking lot, as you might imagine!

So, Havok, I did try Map2 on our 92 and unfortunately got more corrections than I'd like. I think fuel quality is going down with everything, I'm gonna run down to Jay's Garage tomorrow, the only place with e85 in Portland and put a couple of gallons in the tank and also have a 7.5 gallon jug to fill. It is supposed to be from a small local producer so apparently it's 88% year round! At $5 gallon, this isn't cheap subsidized Cali stuff, doesn't take much at all to, pardon the pun, knock out the knock, so we'll see!
Sorry to hear, I fill up everytime with shell prem. My ign2 lays flat 100% of the time and run on map2 constantly

Corksport is doing a group drive next weekend, if you go, we can compare and contrast if you like. (Ill be the short fat asian guy with the girl that is waaay too hot for him)
Reply With Quote
(#1284)
Old
hello_marco hello_marco is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 10
Join Date: Sep 2021
Car: 2021 Mazda CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus
Default 05-14-2022, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danbfree
I replied to you on FB, but I'll add here, since I need to get my post count up anyway, they I'll add a pic later today when I head out for my night shift tonight.
lol sorry, i was just asking in different places to see what people did. didn't think i'd ended up asking the same person twice
Reply With Quote
(#1285)
Old
danbfree's Avatar
danbfree danbfree is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 33
Join Date: Dec 2021
Car: 2017 Golf TSi 1.8L
Default 05-14-2022, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_marco
lol sorry, i was just asking in different places to see what people did. didn't think i'd ended up asking the same person twice
No prob! I know I'm trying to find out the best forums for more info too, all good... Pic is up on FB, I have the JB4 box sitting sideways tucked behind wires right in front of battery.


Mazda 3/CX-30 BETA tester BMS267264 - '22 Platinum Quartz Metallic M3TH - Performance mods: 235/40/18 on 18x8 wheels, JB4, CorkSport Intake w/heatshield.
Reply With Quote
(#1286)
Old
Havok Havok is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 109
Join Date: Aug 2021
Car: 2021 Mazda3 Turbo AWD
Default 05-14-2022, 07:23 PM

Personally i prefer forums over fb.... Forums just seem to be a lot less toxic to me.
Reply With Quote
(#1287)
Old
danbfree's Avatar
danbfree danbfree is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 33
Join Date: Dec 2021
Car: 2017 Golf TSi 1.8L
Default 05-14-2022, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok
Sorry to hear, I fill up everytime with shell prem. My ign2 lays flat 100% of the time and run on map2 constantly

Corksport is doing a group drive next weekend, if you go, we can compare and contrast if you like. (Ill be the short fat asian guy with the girl that is waaay too hot for him)
I just commuted to work and had a chance to floor it some and I don't know what's going on, even set at 3.5 psi max on Map 6 (it actually ran as 3 psi max like Map 1) and I'm still getting corrections under WOT, hitting 4.5 on Ign_2 at around 4800 RPM. All our gas is the same except additive package from Space Age to Shell and everything in between so it shouldn't be like this. Well, Jay's is closed weekends but I'm always off early in the week so I'll hit them on Monday and see if some e85 helps, but so weird I'm getting these corrections even on what is essentially Map 1 settings. I'm also seeing what some people have said on FB, seems like it's super punchy one time when floored and average reacting another, it's pretty inconsistent... I wonder if this noisy intake is maybe causing phantom knock, I dunno, adding e85 will really tell me a lot I think, but I just got over my 620 mile (1000Km) break in period so time to send it and get it dialed in.

You also have a M3TH? Which color? I'll try to look for you next Saturday, if I can make it. I work Saturday nights normally but it's my slowest day so they like me using time on Saturday's anyway and today is my every other week "money" shift, it's my 4th -12hr shift of the week, my last 8 hours today is all OT. But since next Saturday falls on my short week of only 3 days, if I take it off I won't be losing out on OT, so it's the perfect day to ask even short notice and almost certainly no problem...


Mazda 3/CX-30 BETA tester BMS267264 - '22 Platinum Quartz Metallic M3TH - Performance mods: 235/40/18 on 18x8 wheels, JB4, CorkSport Intake w/heatshield.
Reply With Quote
(#1288)
Old
danbfree's Avatar
danbfree danbfree is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 33
Join Date: Dec 2021
Car: 2017 Golf TSi 1.8L
Default 05-14-2022, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok
Personally i prefer forums over fb.... Forums just seem to be a lot less toxic to me.
I agree in general but things have been changing and if you can ignore the occasional d-bag, then private groups on FB seem to be the best place for info, forums seem to be slowing down. I'm not even finding much as far as very active forums, just a bit on Mazda3Revolution, if you know others please PM me!


Mazda 3/CX-30 BETA tester BMS267264 - '22 Platinum Quartz Metallic M3TH - Performance mods: 235/40/18 on 18x8 wheels, JB4, CorkSport Intake w/heatshield.
Reply With Quote
(#1289)
Old
Havok Havok is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 109
Join Date: Aug 2021
Car: 2021 Mazda3 Turbo AWD
Default 05-14-2022, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danbfree

You also have a M3TH? Which color? I'll try to look for you next Saturday, if I can make it. I work Saturday nights normally but it's my slowest day so they like me using time on Saturday's anyway and today is my every other week "money" shift, it's my 4th -12hr shift of the week, my last 8 hours today is all OT. But since next Saturday falls on my short week of only 3 days, if I take it off I won't be losing out on OT, so it's the perfect day to ask even short notice and almost certainly no problem...
I'm the odd one out of the bunch. Pretty sure ill be the only 4th gen sedan on the drive lol. (Machine grey- but i doubt it will matter, ill be easy to single out from the bunch)
Reply With Quote
(#1290)
Old
danbfree's Avatar
danbfree danbfree is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 33
Join Date: Dec 2021
Car: 2017 Golf TSi 1.8L
Default 05-14-2022, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok
I'm the odd one out of the bunch. Pretty sure ill be the only 4th gen sedan on the drive lol. (Machine grey- but i doubt it will matter, ill be easy to single out from the bunch)
Right on, looking good for me to take the day off and go with my girl as well, but I'm the hot one of the 2, LOL - White, 50, #1 shaved head w/trimmed grey beard but look younger other than the grey beard with a thick Latina wife

Anyway, I'm jeally about your no corrections on Map 2, I'll go do some official 3rd gear pulls in the middle of the night slow at work tonight with different settings and my first Draggy 0-60 times and report back and of course, still planning on getting e85 on Monday, gonna try 2.5 gallons in the tank and fill my 7.5 gallon jerry can for 3 more tanks of it. I'm also slightly disappointed in my MPG's and range on this thing, it's going thru tanks of gas like nothing, averaging 25 MPG's mixed.


Mazda 3/CX-30 BETA tester BMS267264 - '22 Platinum Quartz Metallic M3TH - Performance mods: 235/40/18 on 18x8 wheels, JB4, CorkSport Intake w/heatshield.
Reply With Quote
(#1291)
Old
Havok Havok is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 109
Join Date: Aug 2021
Car: 2021 Mazda3 Turbo AWD
Default 05-14-2022, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danbfree
Right on, looking good for me to take the day off and go with my girl as well, but I'm the hot one of the 2, LOL - White, 50, #1 shaved head w/trimmed grey beard but look younger other than the grey beard with a thick Latina wife

Anyway, I'm jeally about your no corrections on Map 2, I'll go do some official 3rd gear pulls in the middle of the night slow at work tonight with different settings and my first Draggy 0-60 times and report back and of course, still planning on getting e85 on Monday, gonna try 2.5 gallons in the tank and fill my 7.5 gallon jerry can for 3 more tanks of it. I'm also slightly disappointed in my MPG's and range on this thing, it's going thru tanks of gas like nothing, averaging 25 MPG's mixed.
Sounds good! 2.5 gal should be plenty to get the octane up. Alternatively you could just go get a bottle of octane boost from an auto parts store. I have a 20 mile commute to work 95% hwy, as long as i stay off the turbo spool i can get 28-30 mpg. You should get better considering you are lower elevation than I am at ~3200ft the air up here is considerably thinner than you in the valley.

Last edited by Havok; 05-14-2022 at 09:22 PM..
Reply With Quote
(#1292)
Old
danbfree's Avatar
danbfree danbfree is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 33
Join Date: Dec 2021
Car: 2017 Golf TSi 1.8L
Default 05-14-2022, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok
Sounds good! 2.5 gal should be plenty to get the octane up. Alternatively you could just go get a bottle of octane boost from an auto parts store. I have a 20 mile commute to work 95% hwy, as long as i stay off the turbo spool i can get 28-30 mpg. You should get better considering you are lower elevation than I am at ~3200ft the air up here is considerably thinner than you in the valley.
I haven't heard much good about octane booster and with adding e85 not only is the octane of the fuel itself much higher but also runs cooler helping even further with knock. Since I know that only Portland, Bend and Eugene even have e85, and you are at elevation, you are obviously out in Eastern/ I think you said it was a ways to get e85, for me it's about half hour each way into Portland so yeah, we'll see. Being experienced with JB4 and E mixes before I was hoping that there would be more maps including an e30 but we are still early in development with this car, hopefully more to come. I'll try some custom Map 6 stuff once I have my ethanol and see what happens!

As far fuel economy, I can pull the 31 we are rated for on the freeway if I want to but a smallish tank combined with average mixed economy seems to be just what it is if you like to goose it here and there, hehe.


Mazda 3/CX-30 BETA tester BMS267264 - '22 Platinum Quartz Metallic M3TH - Performance mods: 235/40/18 on 18x8 wheels, JB4, CorkSport Intake w/heatshield.
Reply With Quote
(#1293)
Old
danbfree's Avatar
danbfree danbfree is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 33
Join Date: Dec 2021
Car: 2017 Golf TSi 1.8L
Default 05-15-2022, 01:13 AM

So had a chance to use Draggy and get some pulls in Map 0 - Map2, Northwest 92 octane, exact same spot, 60 degrees F, medium high humidity, some light rain on and off but overall dry roads, it was a dry until then and with my tire upgrade I didn't struggle for traction. I brake boosted to a fairly conservative 2000 RPM, I know can get an even stronger launch if I went higher and I will try that soon, looking to easily crack 14 in the 1/4 mile.

Map 0: 0-60= 6.19 - 1/4 mi:14.22
Map 1: 0-60= 6.02
Map 2: 0-60= 5.87

JB4 : 0-60= 5.558 - I wonder if this is extrapolated somehow vs. actual, Draggy we know is accurate. Now, I did get Ign_2 corrections but eventually was able to hit 23.7psi towards the end with fewer corrections. I'll continue to test, maybe because my car still has less than 1000 miles on it (but above the 600 miles for the official break-in period) that it's still adjusting.


Mazda 3/CX-30 BETA tester BMS267264 - '22 Platinum Quartz Metallic M3TH - Performance mods: 235/40/18 on 18x8 wheels, JB4, CorkSport Intake w/heatshield.
Reply With Quote
(#1294)
Old
danbfree's Avatar
danbfree danbfree is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 33
Join Date: Dec 2021
Car: 2017 Golf TSi 1.8L
Default 05-15-2022, 09:00 AM

Just a quick update, I'm happy to report thateven on map 2 I'm no longer getting corrections on PNW 92 fuel. Either the ECU had to adjust in general to premium fuel still or to the JB4, it's all still so new. I was able to break 14 seconds in the quarter mile now with no corrections!


Mazda 3/CX-30 BETA tester BMS267264 - '22 Platinum Quartz Metallic M3TH - Performance mods: 235/40/18 on 18x8 wheels, JB4, CorkSport Intake w/heatshield.
Reply With Quote
(#1295)
Old
cx5-sleeper cx5-sleeper is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 32
Join Date: Jan 2022
Car: Mazda CX-5 2.5t 2019
Default 05-15-2022, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danbfree
Just a quick update, I'm happy to report thateven on map 2 I'm no longer getting corrections on PNW 92 fuel. Either the ECU had to adjust in general to premium fuel still or to the JB4, it's all still so new. I was able to break 14 seconds in the quarter mile now with no corrections!
Nice. Not that it matter, but what brand of 92?
Reply With Quote
(#1296)
Old
danbfree's Avatar
danbfree danbfree is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 33
Join Date: Dec 2021
Car: 2017 Golf TSi 1.8L
Default 05-15-2022, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cx5-sleeper
Nice. Not that it matter, but what brand of 92?
You're right in that it doesn't matter, especially since it stopped giving me corrections completely suddenly a half tank into it's second total tank of premium, this is on Chevron, and its first tank was Costco. I just avoid generic, non-Top Tier fuel.


Mazda 3/CX-30 BETA tester BMS267264 - '22 Platinum Quartz Metallic M3TH - Performance mods: 235/40/18 on 18x8 wheels, JB4, CorkSport Intake w/heatshield.
Reply With Quote
(#1297)
Old
Uncanny M Uncanny M is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 18
Join Date: Apr 2022
Car: 2022 Mazda CX-30 Turbo
Default 05-15-2022, 04:54 PM

Quick thought, I've noticed my Ign 2 jumping on Map 1 with 91 octane and very mild throttle -- which seemed odd to me. I mean, like barely touching the gas kind of throttle when on the highway.

I did a little experimentation and think I found a trend. It seemed much more frequent when I was in a higher speed (70 mph) but low RPM due to the automatic shifting points (1800). The issue didn't seem as prevalent when in sport mode in the same conditions, where the RPMs we're forced to be higher (3,000).

From what I understand, the combo of high load / low RPM can spell disaster for these small turbo engines, which would then make sense why it might be trying to correct for something in that situation when not in sport mode.

Had anyone else noticed this? A map working smoother in sport mode vs. regular mode? I might tweak Map 6 to have less boost below 2500 rpm and see if that keeps Ign 2 happy.

Also, is there like a glossary or cheat sheet for what all of the various gauges are, what they do, etc?
Reply With Quote
(#1298)
Old
Terry @ BMS's Avatar
Terry @ BMS Terry @ BMS is offline
Tuner
 
Posts: 34,247
Join Date: Jan 2008
Default 05-15-2022, 05:56 PM

Expect a lot of timing corrections at low throttle as the ECU is trying to optimize fuel economy by bumping up timing to the knock threshold.


Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
Reply With Quote
(#1299)
Old
Uncanny M Uncanny M is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 18
Join Date: Apr 2022
Car: 2022 Mazda CX-30 Turbo
Default 05-15-2022, 06:50 PM

Ah I see, okay ��
Reply With Quote
(#1300)
Old
danbfree's Avatar
danbfree danbfree is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 33
Join Date: Dec 2021
Car: 2017 Golf TSi 1.8L
Default 05-15-2022, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncanny M
Quick thought, I've noticed my Ign 2 jumping on Map 1 with 91 octane and very mild throttle -- which seemed odd to me. I mean, like barely touching the gas kind of throttle when on the highway.

I did a little experimentation and think I found a trend. It seemed much more frequent when I was in a higher speed (70 mph) but low RPM due to the automatic shifting points (1800). The issue didn't seem as prevalent when in sport mode in the same conditions, where the RPMs we're forced to be higher (3,000).

From what I understand, the combo of high load / low RPM can spell disaster for these small turbo engines, which would then make sense why it might be trying to correct for something in that situation when not in sport mode.

Had anyone else noticed this? A map working smoother in sport mode vs. regular mode? I might tweak Map 6 to have less boost below 2500 rpm and see if that keeps Ign 2 happy.

Also, is there like a glossary or cheat sheet for what all of the various gauges are, what they do, etc?
Good info for discussion, and Terry clears that part of it up in his reply, this car loves to shoot for tons of timing off throttle, so really it's the correction under WOT to really know if the boost is too much. I see it actually dial boost down slowly from 4.0 to 3.8. to 3.6 in steps as it hits small corrections for enough cycles in a row to trigger that draw back by the ECU.

Terry,

As I'm coming from the VW JB4 platform and learning from George and others, maybe these questions make sense:

- On the VW platform Ign_2 - Ign_5 was negative corrections for each cyl, what do they mean on this platform? Is Ign_3 total timing or ???

- Since the boost seems to be picky, can you enable tenths or at least half psi increments of boost for Map 6? I enter 3.5, for example, but logs show it's working as only 3.0 added, a bug or a feature?

- Do you think fuel bias of 25 is too high when I'm seeing as rich as an AFR of 9.9 under WOT, would maybe a fuel bias of 10 and leaving FOL at 50 might be a good combo to try?


Mazda 3/CX-30 BETA tester BMS267264 - '22 Platinum Quartz Metallic M3TH - Performance mods: 235/40/18 on 18x8 wheels, JB4, CorkSport Intake w/heatshield.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Copyright 2007 - 2022, JB4tech.com