JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#1251)
Old

Car: 2021 Mazda3 Turbo AWD
Default 04-28-2022, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3TAl
Question for those with JB4 on Mazda 3. Does it have connectors for the MAF?

I bought jbradt's JB4 and was curious as there's only connections for the two MAP sensors. I'm locked out of connecting to it via Bluetooth at the moment but the app support people are in the process of fixing that.
Yes, its supposed to have maf connection
(#1252)
Old

Car: Mazda 3 Turbo Hatchback (M3TH)
Default 04-29-2022, 01:12 AM

My previous BMW X1 has this option in the monitor where in it will show your HP and Torque. Can this be asked from the developer of the app to add? Is this possible?

M3TH user
TransModel = A Mazda but identifies itself as a BMW
(#1253)
Old

Car: '21 Mazda 3 Turbo Hatch
Default 04-29-2022, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok
Yes, its supposed to have maf connection
Hmmm. Interesting. Mine definitely doesn't have MAF. Maybe it's a really early revision? I'll have to email support and see if there's a way for me to add the MAF connection.

Everything is hooked up and working, no CEL so that's good. Still working on getting connected to it via Bluetooth.
(#1254)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-29-2022, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3TAl
Question for those with JB4 on Mazda 3. Does it have connectors for the MAF?

I bought jbradt's JB4 and was curious as there's only connections for the two MAP sensors. I'm locked out of connecting to it via Bluetooth at the moment but the app support people are in the process of fixing that.
Photos of the install?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1255)
Old

Car: '21 Mazda 3 Turbo Hatch
Default 04-29-2022, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Photos of the install?
I'll have to get some after work. Do you want it sent to the support email? Car is working and driving fine so far. Just don't know what MAP it's on since it's locked to other user's account still.
(#1256)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-29-2022, 09:47 AM

You can just email them to me, terry@burgertuning.com

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1257)
Old

Car: Mazda CX-5 2.5t 2019
Default 04-29-2022, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Post up a log and lets check the details. But one sure fire to way to determine the issue is octane related on map2 is to mix in some E85 or octane booster for comparison!
Got 3 gal of e85 + filled rest of tank with 92 pump gas. Should put me at 93-94 octane depending. Will get some map 2 logs and send them over as a baseline. It’s a 2 hr round trip to get e85, but this tank should be fun!
(#1258)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-30-2022, 07:20 AM

Damn thats quite a drive for E85 Next time bring a few 5 gallon cans to stock up. Or just use octane booster.

Burger Motorsports

(#1259)
Old

Default cx5 - 92 pump + 3gal e85 - 04-30-2022, 01:38 PM

For e85, looking at the volatility classes in the ethanol handbook (appendix E), looks like this time of year I get class 2, which might be 75% ethanol, but could range anywhere between 51-83%.

Using this ethanol calc - for 3 gal of e85 at 75% on a 15.3 gal tank, it might be around 93.5 octane.

Map1-92-3gal-e85-3rd-gear-pull

Map2-92-3gal-e85-3rd-gear-pull

Looks pretty good!
(#1260)
Old

Car: 21 Mazda 3 turbo awd
Default 04-30-2022, 04:02 PM

Does anyone’s Mazda 3 surge between 4500 and 5000 +- on map 2
(#1261)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-01-2022, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow3
Does anyone’s Mazda 3 surge between 4500 and 5000 +- on map 2
Send over a log if you need tuning help on it.

Burger Motorsports

(#1262)
Old

Default 05-01-2022, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Damn thats quite a drive for E85 Next time bring a few 5 gallon cans to stock up. Or just use octane booster.
So this sounds promising for PNW gas: 93 Octane/e85 fuel | GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by danbfree
Just to revive a very old thread for those who may stumble upon this... The premium gas we get in the PNW labelled as 92 minimum octane is really pretty much 93. I'm old enough to remember it has always been 92 minimum and then when the 10% ethanol standard came along, well, they didn't bother to re-rate the octane and I'm pretty sure they didn't bother to reformulate the gas itself either, resulting in 93 octane with the added ethanol. Yes, this is only a theory, BUT I base this on real world results. I have always ran tunes for 93 octane, over 3 completely different cars, and never not only not had any "problems", when logs are actually studied and custom tuning is done, it is absolutely confirmed that our PNW 92 performs like as expected of 93 octane. Now, would 93 minimum be even better? Most likely, as they probably have closer to 94 octane in their areas, but when I have used canned 93 tunes I have always seen better log numbers on our "92" than when I was running 91 tunes on 91 gas in California.
Terry what 93 pump gas do you tune map2 with?
(#1263)
Old

Car: Mazda 3 TURBO AWD
Default 05-02-2022, 05:15 PM

I really wanted to get the e85 flex fuel kit but without having anymore horsepowers from running it because of tuning capabilities, I'm going to hold off. i really want to support you guys, because you put effort into our little platform almost from day one. But at the moment i won't reap any benefits from having it.

One thing i am really interested in and I think you guys were thinking about making is the catch can. That is something i definitely would love to purchase!
(#1264)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-02-2022, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cx5-sleeper

Any 93 is fine. If you have an issue send or post a log and we can review the issue.

Burger Motorsports

(#1265)
Old

Car: 21 Mazda3 AWD Turbo
Default 05-04-2022, 08:03 AM

+1000 on the catch can kit! Terry, any chance of a BMS down pipe/exhaust for the turbo 3 in the future?
(#1266)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: Evo VIII
Default 05-04-2022, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xzoom
+1000 on the catch can kit! Terry, any chance of a BMS down pipe/exhaust for the turbo 3 in the future?
Do to EPA and CARB regulation, unfortunately not.

Burger Motorsports

(#1267)
Old

Car: 21 Mazda3 AWD Turbo
Default 05-05-2022, 12:08 PM

I think I saw awhile back in this thread you guys mentioned you were working on a catch can kit for the turbo 3. Any idea when that would be available?
(#1268)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-07-2022, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xzoom
I think I saw awhile back in this thread you guys mentioned you were working on a catch can kit for the turbo 3. Any idea when that would be available?
I'll check in and see what the holdup is!

Burger Motorsports

(#1269)
Old

Default 05-08-2022, 12:02 PM

Will the catch can work for CX-5 too?
(#1270)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-09-2022, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Will the catch can work for CX-5 too?
I imagine that will need to be a separate kit.

Burger Motorsports

(#1271)
Old

Car: Mazda 3 turbo
Default 05-11-2022, 06:41 AM

Not sure if anyone else noticed, but the cx50 2.5T is now a twin scroll turbo instead of a single turbo! Interesting.
(#1272)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-11-2022, 10:55 AM

We'll need to check some logs to see if we need any tuning changes!

Burger Motorsports

(#1273)
Old

Car: 2017 Golf TSi 1.8L
Default 05-13-2022, 06:21 AM

Quote:
So this sounds promising for PNW gas: 93 Octane/e85 fuel | GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum

Well, hello there, I just came from a MK7 Golf to a new '22 M3TH, my new JB4 arrives today, I just read all 51 pages over 2 slow days at work and after seeing you guys talk about the PNW 92, I had been itching to tell this story again about our "92" octane, then on the last page I'm actually quoted from my MK7 time, WTH, that's crazy! LOL!

So yes, I've been running 93 tunes across a number of cars and running 91 tunes in Cali and our 92 fuel runs better on 93 tunes than 91 tunes work on 91 Cali gas, far less corrections, period. Now, with my Mk7 Golf, it just made ridiculous gains so easily but I had the 1.8 without Cobb support so I just chose a 91 octane flash tune as I drive to Cali sometimes. But when I had a Cobb tuner before and could hold multiple tunes, I would have 91, 93 and e30 and I never had to add any e85 to run a 93 tune on PNW 92, I would just go from absolutely 0 corrections in the summer to a few small ones on winter blend. I've even heard some Canadians say our 92 works better than their 94.

Anyway, my Beta (Still?) unit for my M3TH arrives today and I will be installing on Sunday and will be around here to learn and grow with you guys on this platform as well!
(#1274)
Old

Car: 2021 Mazda3 Turbo AWD
Default 05-13-2022, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Well, hello there, I just came from a MK7 Golf to a new '22 M3TH, my new JB4 arrives today, I just read all 51 pages over 2 slow days at work and after seeing you guys talk about the PNW 92, I had been itching to tell this story again about our "92" octane, then on the last page I'm actually quoted from my MK7 time, WTH, that's crazy! LOL!

So yes, I've been running 93 tunes across a number of cars and running 91 tunes in Cali and our 92 fuel runs better on 93 tunes than 91 tunes work on 91 Cali gas, far less corrections, period. Now, with my Mk7 Golf, it just made ridiculous gains so easily but I had the 1.8 without Cobb support so I just chose a 91 octane flash tune as I drive to Cali sometimes. But when I had a Cobb tuner before and could hold multiple tunes, I would have 91, 93 and e30 and I never had to add any e85 to run a 93 tune on PNW 92, I would just go from absolutely 0 corrections in the summer to a few small ones on winter blend. I've even heard some Canadians say our 92 works better than their 94.

Anyway, my Beta (Still?) unit for my M3TH arrives today and I will be installing on Sunday and will be around here to learn and grow with you guys on this platform as well!
Good info, welcome to the better car.
(#1275)
Old

Default 05-13-2022, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Small world. Was glad to hear that about PNW 92!