JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#51)
Old

Car: CT5V
Default 04-12-2022, 05:22 AM

I did email the support address. I'll probably need a log of the misfires for them to do much, though. I'll try again later today when I go out. It just hit me the "hitting the rev limited" and "not shifting" were really neither of those things. The RPM's probably stopped short of the shift point and the sound I normally associated with the normal pops when shifting was probably just a lot of high RPM misfires. I'll see what I can record today.
(#52)
Old

Car: Cadillac CT5V
Default 04-12-2022, 05:44 AM

Yeah it's definitely misfires. I thought the same thing about the shifts until I could get the code read. I'd email terry directly, terry@burgertuning.com. He is aware now at least our cars don't play nice with the overboosting, there probably won't be a lowered map1 until he can get it tested. Map6 might be the only option until things get worked out. hopefully he can get it on a dyno too, to get an idea of performance on paper. To let you know for your logging it's usually in the lower gears that'll misfire, like 1st-4th, but normally it's the 2nd-3rd shift it'll overboost and cause misfires, but the other shifts are much lower/closer to target.
(#53)
Old

Default 04-12-2022, 06:44 AM

I'll try to get a better log of the issue today. It's most likely spark blowout, which I don't think is quite as serious as a true misfire from timing or something else. Your assessment that a lower gapped plug would be correct if it really is spark blowout, but man a 10 hour job just doesn't seem worth it on an otherwise stock car.
(#54)
Old

Default 04-12-2022, 07:23 AM

Yeah, the ALLdata shows it as 6.2 hour job, I have my car actually scheduled in at a shop, their labour rates are much lower than dealerships and their quote reflects that. Hopefully when they get time to dig into it, they don't refuse the job or something. It's definitely not a cheap job but for price to power ratio still think it's decent (jb4 plus plugs if you can find a decent price/shop). I actually met a guy when I grabbed some e85 that does custom metal work on cars, headers, ***, intercoolers, exhausts, etc and is a licensed mechanic. I probably won't get anything done for a little bit, maybe a axle back or *** back just for sound, but it's a good contact to have especially with the lack of aftermarket anything
(#55)
Old

Default 04-12-2022, 11:18 AM

Yeah a little more noise wouldn't be a bad thing. I'd love an intake if for nothing else but to hear the turbos a bit more. 6.2 isn't the worst, but I feel most shops would shy away from the work because their profit margin is higher on parts vs labor. I hope it works out for you though and you can talk me into doing the same thing, haha.
(#56)
Old

Default 04-12-2022, 11:58 AM

I'll definitely be testing with the draggy to see how much of an improvement i gain from runing a bit more boost. I could pretty consistently hit 12.8-12.87 1/4 mile on winter tires. I've ran into a hiccup with my ps4s'. Hopefully it gets resolved soon so I can get a couple runs in with those before I regap and turn it up some. Don't want to give credit where it's not due haha.

I'll post up runs when I can.
(#57)
Old

Default 04-12-2022, 12:02 PM

I know you and the other car on their dyno appeared to be RWD. I’m AWD so I have far less of a reaction issue if so.
(#58)
Old

Default 04-12-2022, 12:45 PM

I have an AWD car, little heads up, I almost always get a little better 60' with brake boosting vs launch control, though launch control is super consistent, almost always 1.9 according to the draggy.

Getting a bit off topic, feel free to post on JB4 piggy-back aftermarket tuner for CT5-V | Page 5 | Cadillac Owners Forum

Most active ct5 forum I've found
(#59)
Old

Car: m40i
Default 04-12-2022, 06:07 PM

Thanks for all this feedback. Just traded my x3 for a ct4-v looking forward to throwing a JB4 on mine. Have all these kinks been worked out ? Thanks for all your hard work Terry and making Jb4 available to all these platforms.
(#60)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-12-2022, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pskdude
Thanks for all this feedback. Just traded my x3 for a ct4-v looking forward to throwing a JB4 on mine. Have all these kinks been worked out ? Thanks for all your hard work Terry and making Jb4 available to all these platforms.
Still early days as far as tuning goes. But nothing has come up we couldn't tune around yet.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#61)
Old

Default 04-14-2022, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Still early days as far as tuning goes. But nothing has come up we couldn't tune around yet.
Thanks for your response. So it can run map 1 safely w no bugs ?
(#62)
Old

Default 04-15-2022, 04:41 AM

Quote:
I wouldnít say itís 100% but itís close. Iíve had to make a few minor tweaks but Terry has been very responsive with the changes to make. I think with some more time into tuning our platform weíll get there.
(#63)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-15-2022, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Make sure fuel bias is set to 20 across the board, which we recently updated to our default settings on new units. And then yes map1 has been pretty solid for everyone.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#64)
Old

Default 04-28-2022, 07:36 AM

Ended up getting my ps4s' and summer wheels on. Had to bring down my settings a bit more, haven't had blowout/misfire in well over a month but for whatever reason my boost spiked a couple times this morning and gave me a misfire. It was also a bit cool for the PS4S but got them warmed up enough to not cause any wheel hop.
Summer vs winters about 7-8lbs difference per wheel on a bathroom scale

Can't wait for the plugs to go in monday, taking it to a performance shop 1.5hrs away so hopefully it all goes well and they don't have any issues. More draggy runs to come, and I will post if the blowout/misfires are resolved.
Attached Images

(#65)
Old

Default 05-13-2022, 02:57 PM

Well gapped down to .022, and it didn't fix the misfire issue with the overboosting on shifts. I'm guessing where I had the car was basically the limit to what the car will do with the current jb4.
(#66)
Old

Default 05-14-2022, 10:45 AM

Got out testing last night to adjust settings, and test to make sure I had settings for daily driving. Was able to eek a bit more out without misfires, but still having misfires if set too high. 4th gear pull looks much more similar to the dyno log posted by terry, and no misfires with launches and a good bit of aggressive daily driving. Was able to keep beside a recently dyno'd(a few weeks ago) 375whp manual

Didn't do a draggy run, but plan on doing one in the near future, it's also quite a bit warmer so we will see what the car can do with these settings.

I'll be looking to do some E20 testing (mixed with 94) to see if it's worth while but last time it didn't have too much of an effect as I think the 94 was sufficient enough for the ecu to not pull timing.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: csv 4th gear after plugs 1.csv (10.2 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by Andrew1127; 05-15-2022 at 07:01 AM..
(#67)
Old

Default 05-16-2022, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew1127
Well gapped down to .022, and it didn't fix the misfire issue with the overboosting on shifts. I'm guessing where I had the car was basically the limit to what the car will do with the current jb4.
Curious, what MAP are you running ?

@terry - Sorry if this is a dumb question, i remember on my bmw i could open the flaps, the exhaust on this car doesn't really have the sound im looking for. Does the JB4 affect the exhaust flaps in any way. Is that possible with our vehicle ?
(#68)
Old

Default 05-16-2022, 12:15 PM

Map6
(#69)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-17-2022, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Curious, what MAP are you running ?

@terry - Sorry if this is a dumb question, i remember on my bmw i could open the flaps, the exhaust on this car doesn't really have the sound im looking for. Does the JB4 affect the exhaust flaps in any way. Is that possible with our vehicle ?
In theory we could control them, but we don't have the commands to do so currently. So it's more of a wish list item at the moment...

Burger Motorsports

(#70)
Old

Default 05-19-2022, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
In theory we could control them, but we don't have the commands to do so currently. So it's more of a wish list item at the moment...
😔😔😔 i hope the wish list happens soon!
(#71)
Old

Default 06-02-2022, 11:24 AM

Any updates or progress on the jb4 developement for the ct5?