JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: Audi 8Y A3
Angry NO BOOST: Group 16 JB4 on Audi 8Y A3 40 TFSI - 05-16-2022, 11:18 AM

I'm having MANY issues with my Group 16 JB4. It's currently on my Audi 8Y A3 40 which has the detuned 201hp version of the EA888.4 TFSI.

Upon first install it was running fine in Maps 0,1,2 and 3 but now my car constantly and randomly cuts off boost in ANY map and I get a message saying that the Vehicle Drive has Malfunctioned. Until today, I did not get an engine code, but now my check engine light is also on and the code is P0299.

I was speaking with George but he stopped responding this past week and I desperately need support. I do not know how these things work and if they can be addressed in firmware updates or if I should think about returning the product.

Anyone know what I should do next? I'm about to give up and return this but I really don't want to, but it's impossible to do anything else without customer support.
(#2)
Old
Demigod

Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 05-17-2022, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmplx_evo4
I'm having MANY issues with my Group 16 JB4. It's currently on my Audi 8Y A3 40 which has the detuned 201hp version of the EA888.4 TFSI.

Upon first install it was running fine in Maps 0,1,2 and 3 but now my car constantly and randomly cuts off boost in ANY map and I get a message saying that the Vehicle Drive has Malfunctioned. Until today, I did not get an engine code, but now my check engine light is also on and the code is P0299.

I was speaking with George but he stopped responding this past week and I desperately need support. I do not know how these things work and if they can be addressed in firmware updates or if I should think about returning the product.

Anyone know what I should do next? I'm about to give up and return this but I really don't want to, but it's impossible to do anything else without customer support.
As per emails if its having a issue in map 0 which is stock you chasing a boost leak.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
2021 VW Golf 8 R