JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#26)
Old

Car: 2022 TLX Type S, 2011 EVO X, 1991 MR2 Turbo
Default 03-09-2022, 01:18 PM

Hello. Just purchased the JB4 for my 22 TLX Type S. Will I get the updated MAF connectors?
(#27)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 03-09-2022, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo13
Hello. Just purchased the JB4 for my 22 TLX Type S. Will I get the updated MAF connectors?
Yes, all new systems will come complete with MAF connectors.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#28)
Old

Car: 2022 Acura TLX Type S
Default 03-14-2022, 05:21 PM

Another log on more mild starts and in Sport mode on Map2. Does AFR look stable enough?
Attached Files
File Type: csv P96_M2_R2_220314_1913.csv (56.5 KB, 43 views)
(#29)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 03-15-2022, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenityNow
Another log on more mild starts and in Sport mode on Map2. Does AFR look stable enough?
Overall it looks normal and pretty healthy but I would let the car warm up a bit more before getting on it. Oil looks to be at 120F when you first got on it. We usually wait until 160F to start playing around.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#30)
Old

Default 03-16-2022, 12:55 PM

Any recommendations: this morning under normal driving conditions on Map2, the JB4 stopped connecting (it wouldn't reconnect and was failing at the handshake step). About 5 mins later the Type S went into limp mode. I pulled over and disconnected the JB4 and started back up (took a little push on the gas to get it to fire up again in stock mode). CEL stayed on, but later in the day I reconnected the JB4 and it was able to connect. CEL was off, but I pulled these error codes from the JB4: P0108, P1B01, P0355 and P5500
Any thoughts on the cause?
(#31)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-16-2022, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Any recommendations
For tech support on BETA products you'd have to email me the details. terry@burgertuning.com.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

(#32)
Old

Car: Acura TLX Type - S
Default Me too. - 04-03-2022, 01:58 PM

I had the same thing happen, freaked me out a little. Was this just in Map 2 or did you have it happen any other time.

Quote:
JB4 installed with MAF connectors (thank you!) along with PRL drop in filter and P2R intake tube. Definitely a noticeable gain especially once the turbo spools up. Still a little lag at the beginning of full throttle - is that tunable? One weird thing on my first WOT on Map2 and in Sport+ mode (logs attached): half way though there was a huge power cut. Very noticeable during the run. How does the log look and any thoughts on why the power cut?
(#33)
Old

Car: 2022 TLX Type S, 2011 EVO X, 1991 MR2 Turbo
Default 04-09-2022, 09:40 AM

About to install my JB4. What is the best way to share data logs with you all and get quick responses?
(#34)
Old
JB4 Noob

Car: 2022 Acura MDX Type-S Adv
Default MDX-S Dyno? - 04-10-2022, 03:40 PM

Hate to highjack, but given this is new for Acura TLX/MDX it would be safe to post here...

Are there any dyno runs for the MDX-S yet? I finally took delivery of my long-delayed '22 MDX-S and installed the JB4 today. Will play around with it over the coming weeks but was hoping there was more info on what to expect. Will stick with Map 1 for now, but excited to report it pulls MUCH harder. Once the rain stops I'll run the Dragy numbers too.
(#35)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-11-2022, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo13
About to install my JB4. What is the best way to share data logs with you all and get quick responses?
As it's BETA you need to email me, terry@burgertuning.com

Burger Motorsports

(#36)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 04-11-2022, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticklemedaly
Hate to highjack, but given this is new for Acura TLX/MDX it would be safe to post here...

Are there any dyno runs for the MDX-S yet? I finally took delivery of my long-delayed '22 MDX-S and installed the JB4 today. Will play around with it over the coming weeks but was hoping there was more info on what to expect. Will stick with Map 1 for now, but excited to report it pulls MUCH harder. Once the rain stops I'll run the Dragy numbers too.
Since the engine is the same the numbers and gains will be similar. Glad you can feel the difference on map 1, just wait till you go up in maps with higher octane fuel

Burger Motorsports

(#37)
Old

Default 04-17-2022, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye3701
I had the same thing happen, freaked me out a little. Was this just in Map 2 or did you have it happen any other time.

Havenít had it happen again (running in map 2) after tightening up the connections at the OBDII and MAF connectors. Looks like it was probably a loose connection. Everything is running great now!
(#38)
Old

Car: Acura TLS Type S
Default 04-19-2022, 12:12 PM

I probably pasted right by it, but is there a MAP guide anywhere for this, outside the app to look at? (waiting on my Type S to return from PPF/Tint) so consuming all the data for when we can slap this JB4 in.
(#39)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 04-19-2022, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellhorseperformance
I probably pasted right by it, but is there a MAP guide anywhere for this, outside the app to look at? (waiting on my Type S to return from PPF/Tint) so consuming all the data for when we can slap this JB4 in.
Added to the first post

Burger Motorsports

(#40)
Old

Car: Civic
Default 05-12-2022, 12:50 PM

What is the "safest" map to run on 93 octane for the Type S?
(#41)
Old

Default 05-13-2022, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonplavist
I think Map 3 but don't quote me on it. I ran map 1 for the first time tonight. Just a little bit of fun but certainly a big difference.
(#42)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-14-2022, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonplavist
Map0?

Map2 is meant for 93 octane though!

Burger Motorsports

(#43)
Old

Car: Civic
Default 05-14-2022, 09:46 AM

Lol, ok thanks dudes