N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#726)
Old

Car: Mazda CX9
Default 11-21-2021, 09:14 AM

No boost cruising at 133 in a CX-9? I find that difficult to believe. A 3 or 6 is an entirely different conversation. Weíve all had N/A 4-bangers that could exceed 125, my sons 2018 CX-5 will do that, takes about a week going down hill with rocks in your pocket, but itíll get there.
(#727)
Old

Car: Mazda3 Turbo Premium Plus Hatch
Default 11-21-2021, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNance
No boost cruising at 133 in a CX-9? I find that difficult to believe. A 3 or 6 is an entirely different conversation. We’ve all had N/A 4-bangers that could exceed 125, my sons 2018 CX-5 will do that, takes about a week going down hill with rocks in your pocket, but it’ll get there.
I have a 3

Last edited by Ben_TPPH; 11-21-2021 at 09:45 AM..
(#728)
Old

Car: '21 Mazda 3 2.5T AWD
Default 11-23-2021, 05:51 PM

Any chance we'll see updated harnesses with proper fitting MAF clips before the New Year? I'd love to get rid of the zip ties.
(#729)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-23-2021, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGamb
Any chance we'll see updated harnesses with proper fitting MAF clips before the New Year? I'd love to get rid of the zip ties.
Prob early next year.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#730)
Old

Car: '21 Mazda 3 2.5T AWD
Default 11-23-2021, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Prob early next year.
Thank you! I'm just happy to know it's in the works.
(#731)
Old

Car: 2021 Mazda Cx-30 Turbo
Default 11-23-2021, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNance
Chirp chirp, nothing but crickets lately. Any news on updates or progress for tunes, intakes, or heaven forbidÖdown pipes?

Iíve put about 15,000 miles on my CX-9 since installing tuner with no issues to speak of yet. Yes, thatís right fifteen thousand; I drive a lot. So far, itís been seamless and wonderful for interstate cruising and blast around pesky semis clogging up every lane they can. I can tell you, Iíve had it up to 140Önot bad for a Momzda. It was still pulling, but slowly. It does need a little bit more cooling capacity, as my coolant temp got above 200, canít tell you exactly as I wasnít really paying that much attention.
140??? I was limited to 126....
(#732)
Old

Car: Mazda CX9
Default 11-24-2021, 10:26 PM

I donít know about a governor. I was curious if I was loosing my mind, cause it gets to 120 easily, but it took quite a while to get to 140. There are a few documented cases of CX-9ís going 220kph (136 mph). Itís deer season right now and theyíre in rut, so not a good time to do a top speed blast. As soon as I feel comfortable, Iíll try to document it.
(#733)
Old

Car: 2021 Mazda 3 Turbo HB
Default 11-25-2021, 05:06 AM

I've had an '08 3s with a tripoint turbo setup, that governor was set to 131-133(on a closed road), haven't dared bring my new purdy car there yet.
(#734)
Old

Car: 2018 Mazda CX-9 Signature
Default 11-26-2021, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Not something we've experienced but it hasn't been that cold. Photos of your MAP/TMAP connections? We can get a basic system up and running on those now I think to start collecting more tuning data.
Hey Terry, have you had a chance to revisit this cold weather power loss in 1st and 2nd gear issue that the CX-5/-9s have?

Djfourmonie posted this in response to jcrout7992's post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djfourmonie
That is the tighter torque limiters on modern turbo cars. When the air is that cold it's much denser so it requires less boost to make the rated power. But if you are commanding more power (say 75% TPS) but the air is denser then the car hits a hard limit and pulls boost not timing.

I've seen it on my Forte GT when I tried to increase the ethanol content up to 30% on the stock tune, the boost would fluctuate meaning the car was making more power easier because of no knock from the fuel but wouldn't allow it to happen.

With the JB4 the boost is wavy but you don't feel it while driving or at WOT (it's much MUCH faster), that can only be fixed with a back-end flash, I suspect most modern turbo cars will need that to get the full benefit of the JB4's capabilities.
Any chance you can confirm that this is what's happening? And will future updates make it possible to remove that restriction (at the owner's risk, of course)?

2018 Mazda CX-9 Signature
(#735)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-26-2021, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm1ke
Hey Terry, have you had a chance to revisit this cold weather power loss in 1st and 2nd gear issue that the CX-5/-9s have?
To get the most power out of the CX models (V1 harness) we'll need to get MAF control working. You're probably just riding a MAF limiter that we need to remove.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#736)
Old

Car: Mazda 3 Turbo Hatchback (M3TH)
Default 11-27-2021, 11:36 PM

@Terry@BMS
Can the torque app function with the JB4 bluetooth? Is it possible to add HP, Torque and 0-60 on the JB4 app?

M3TH user
TransModel = A Mazda but identifies itself as a BMW
(#737)
Old
Tuner

Default Yesterday, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixPackABS
@Terry@BMS
Can the torque app function with the JB4 bluetooth? Is it possible to add HP, Torque and 0-60 on the JB4 app?
The JB4 will do 0-60, but remember it's only using OBDII data which is not super accurate. For real performance metrics you need to get a high speed GPS dragy.

https://burgertuning.com/products/dr...5a477863&_ss=r

Burger Motorsports

(#738)
Old

Car: Mazda3 Turbo Premium Plus Hatch
Default Yesterday, 09:51 AM

Quote:
The JB4 will do 0-60, but remember it's only using OBDII data which is not super accurate. For real performance metrics you need to get a high speed GPS dragy.

https://burgertuning.com/products/dr...5a477863&_ss=r
Can confirm it not being accurate. I got a 2 second 0-60 once 🤣
(#739)
Old

Car: 335xi sedan 6AT
Default Yesterday, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm1ke

Djfourmonie posted this in response to jcrout7992's post:

Any chance you can confirm that this is what's happening? And will future updates make it possible to remove that restriction (at the owner's risk, of course)?
Sm1ke,
Thanks for asking the question!
(#740)
Old

Car: 2018 Mazda CX-9 Signature
Default Today, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrout7992
Sm1ke,
Thanks for asking the question!
No worries! Saw your post on the other forum and figured I'd ask. The issue isn't a big deal to me but I understand how it can be a sore point for others who can still use that power at those temps.

Terry, thanks for the response!

2018 Mazda CX-9 Signature