N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#76)
Old

Car: 718 gts
Default 12-15-2019, 07:27 PM

I am going to run rest of gas out then fill with 93 and run Map 1,2 logs. Start from there
(#77)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-15-2019, 09:39 PM

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#78)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 12-16-2019, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kastlerc
I am going to run rest of gas out then fill with 93 and run Map 1,2 logs. Start from there
Yes that's good. With ethanol blends we suggest to start low. 2-3 gallons of ethanol and the rest of the tank pump 91/93.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#79)
Old

Car: 2018 Porsche Cayman S
Default 12-17-2019, 02:42 PM

Map 4 on my 2018 718 Cayman S with 2.5Gallons E85 and the rest 93 octane premium
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-12-14 12_23_44 (718)_Gear-0_Map-4.csv (22.1 KB, 51 views)
(#80)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-18-2019, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmunky
Map 4 on my 2018 718 Cayman S with 2.5Gallons E85 and the rest 93 octane premium
Trims are up there but boost and timing look good, AFR is where I'd expect to see it.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#81)
Old

Default 12-18-2019, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Trims are up there but boost and timing look good, AFR is where I'd expect to see it.
Word. That's why I haven't been too concerned running map 4...yea, fuel trims are maxing out, but AFR and timing still look great! Thanks for your expert opinion, glad to know that I still *somewhat* know what I'm talking about!
(#82)
Old

Default Map 2 91oct - 12-19-2019, 09:08 PM

See how this looks
Map2
(#83)
Old

Default Map2 - 12-19-2019, 09:09 PM

Oops
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-12-19 20_06_24_Map-2.csv (427.2 KB, 38 views)
(#84)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 12-19-2019, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Oops
Coolant temps need to be above 160F for the JB4 to be active otherwise it's stock for safety until car is up to temp.

Car barely got to temp in the middle of this log. It looks okay from what I can see.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#85)
Old

Default 12-19-2019, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Coolant temps need to be above 160F for the JB4 to be active otherwise it's stock for safety until car is up to temp.

Car barely got to temp in the middle of this log. It looks okay from what I can see.
Itís been crazy cold, I let it warm up for 30 min then drove 20 min. Iíll try again during day
(#86)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 12-20-2019, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Itís been crazy cold, I let it warm up for 30 min then drove 20 min. Iíll try again during day
Yes I can relate LOL. I let my car warm up in the driveway for 15 minutes and it's still not even close up to temp.

You can always check with your gauges on the JB4 mobile app for the water temps just to make sure.

Burger Motorsports

(#87)
Old

Default 3rd try - 12-23-2019, 10:24 AM

Try this
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-12-21 17_36_45_Map-2.csv (60.2 KB, 46 views)
(#88)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 12-23-2019, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Try this
Looks really good to me, is this on 93 only?
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#89)
Old

Default 12-23-2019, 05:42 PM

Curious on insight into the following log... I was running map 3 up until around the ~200 timestamp marker..... Why does map 3 run such low boost on my car compared to map 4? It also seems that map 3 is commanding WAY less timing than map 4,too? Thoughts?
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-12-23 12_26_34 (718)_Gear-0_Map-3.csv (48.1 KB, 48 views)
(#90)
Old

Default 12-23-2019, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Looks really good to me, is this on 93 only?
91 MAP 2
(#91)
Old

Default 12-23-2019, 07:25 PM

HOW MUCH E-85 SHOULD I RUN WITH 93? ON MAP 4 OR 5?
(#92)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-24-2019, 09:21 AM

I'd keep the E85 mix around 30% or less relative to pump gas to avoid maxing out the fuel trims.

Burger Motorsports

(#93)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-24-2019, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Curious on insight into the following log... I was running map 3 up until around the ~200 timestamp marker..... Why does map 3 run such low boost on my car compared to map 4? It also seems that map 3 is commanding WAY less timing than map 4,too? Thoughts?
Most of the map3 runs in the log are half throttle, although we're thinking of increasing the boost per pedal input across all maps. If anyone wants to test it load and log the attached firmware.
Attached Files
File Type: hex JB4_PORSCHE_718_4_T1.hex (55.4 KB, 52 views)

Burger Motorsports

(#94)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 12-24-2019, 01:18 PM

Quote:
HOW MUCH E-85 SHOULD I RUN WITH 93? ON MAP 4 OR 5?
3 gallons of e85, and the rest of the tank 93 octane. Start with a log on map 3 for us to evaluate.

Burger Motorsports

(#95)
Old

Default 12-24-2019, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Most of the map3 runs in the log are half throttle, although we're thinking of increasing the boost per pedal input across all maps. If anyone wants to test it load and log the attached firmware.
Loading up firmware now..... I'll give it a shot! Any other changes aside from boost mapping to pedal input?

Also, I could have sworn I was WOT on the map3 runs, but apparently not!
(#96)
Old

Default 12-24-2019, 02:57 PM

V4 firmware loaded successfully. Will try to get out and get some logs this evening
(#97)
Old

Default 12-26-2019, 08:55 AM

Log file.... Had one really solid 5th gear pull on map 3 worth the V4 firmware last night....
Attached Files
File Type: csv V4 firmware-map3.csv (13.2 KB, 42 views)
(#98)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 12-26-2019, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Log file.... Had one really solid 5th gear pull on map 3 worth the V4 firmware last night....
Long pulls like that in high gears can lead to clutch slip with the high load if you are 6MT.

Log looks okay, but I would like to see a lower gear going all the way to redline.
Trims are maxed out, other than that it looks really good to me.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#99)
Old

Default 12-26-2019, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Long pulls like that in high gears can lead to clutch slip with the high load if you are 6MT.

Log looks okay, but I would like to see a lower gear going all the way to redline.
Trims are maxed out, other than that it looks really good to me.
I'll try to get some 2nd or 3rd gear pulls in today and get them uploaded. Thanks!
(#100)
Old

Default 12-26-2019, 02:50 PM

Let's try these logs... V4 firmware... Was on map 3 and switched to map 2...
Attached Files
File Type: csv JB4 Mobile Logs-v4-map2and3.csv (73.8 KB, 44 views)