N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#926)
Old

Car: Mercedes C43
Default 09-25-2020, 06:54 PM

Hello
I have 18 C43 and the default setting are not the same as those listed on the first page. Should I change mine to match those settings? I’m currently running map 3.
(#927)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-26-2020, 01:14 PM

Can't hurt to update to match the first page but the differences in your settings may not matter, not all settings are active.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#928)
Old

Default 09-26-2020, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Can't hurt to update to match the first page but the differences in your settings may not matter, not all settings are active.
All put back to default. Previous settings were:Fuel bias was all set at 100. Load bias was all set at 0. Boost safety was 3. Wastegate POS, PID Gain, Auto Shift boost redux, FF/Wastegate adaptation all set at 0.

Here is a log running Map 3.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P23_M3_R1_200926_1702.csv (17.8 KB, 10 views)
(#929)
Old

Car: 2015 Mercedes C400
Default 09-29-2020, 10:20 AM

https://ibb.co/xDwwZs4

Hey Terry @ BMS , can you take a look at my logs? I’m running map 3, 93 fuel, paired with the BMS intakes. It’s a 2015 Mercedes C400, the log is from a stop, brake boosting.
Just want to make sure everything looks good before I go E30 on a higher map
[IMG]https://ibb.co/xDwwZs4[/IMG

Last edited by Dtorres75; 09-29-2020 at 10:10 PM.. Reason: Image
(#930)
Old

Car: 2015 Mercedes C400
Default 09-29-2020, 01:13 PM

Terry,

Would appreciate if you could look at some logs for me. C400 with BMS intakes, JB4, on map 6 E30 fuel (green plug). Been running this setup for over a year and 25k miles no problem. Recently, the car feels like half throttle when launching in first gear. You can see my throttle isn't at 100 even though pedal is? What's weird is only in first my trims are maxed, FP drops, it runs quite lean, but timing is not being pulled. Any ideas? I tried some older settings I had as well and got the same condition.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: csv Old Settings.csv (5.7 KB, 8 views)
File Type: csv New Settings.csv (5.2 KB, 8 views)
(#931)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-29-2020, 02:06 PM

It looks like you just over-revved a gear there triggering throttle to slow down the engine but log itself seems fine to me.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#932)
Old

Default Please review - 10-05-2020, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtang81
All put back to default. Previous settings were:Fuel bias was all set at 100. Load bias was all set at 0. Boost safety was 3. Wastegate POS, PID Gain, Auto Shift boost redux, FF/Wastegate adaptation all set at 0.

Here is a log running Map 3.
Hey Terry
Can you please check out my log above. I put everything back to default like you told me to but just worried something might be off.

F6382-A09-556-E-4718-84-B1-97204-FDBFE63 — ImgBB
Link to graph

Thanks in advance.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P23_M3_R1_200926_1702.csv (17.8 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by Dtang81; 10-05-2020 at 02:43 PM..
(#933)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-06-2020, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtang81
Hey Terry
Can you please check out my log above. I put everything back to default like you told me to but just worried something might be off.

F6382-A09-556-E-4718-84-B1-97204-FDBFE63 — ImgBB
Link to graph

Thanks in advance.
Seems fine to me!

Burger Motorsports

(#934)
Old

Car: 2017 C43 W205
Default 10-09-2020, 05:55 AM

Hey Terry,

Sorry if this has been answered already. I have a 2017 C43 and want to know if the JB4 removes the top speed governor on the car? Also I have the option to open the exhaust flaps on my car but the default is set to closed. Anyway JB4 allows us to override the system so that they default to open when starting the car? Same goes for the ECO option which shuts down your car at a stoplight. The option defaults to ON, but it would be great if JB4 could also default it to OFF.
Last question, what MAP would I run if I bought the standard ECO Boost mix off the shelf at Autozone or another car parts store? They don’t sell 93 Octane where I live.

Many thanks!
TOGA
(#935)
Old

Car: 2019 C300
Default 10-09-2020, 09:21 AM

Im looking for instructions for the brown wire hook up on my 2019 C300 and dont feel like looking reading through 30 pages to find it, if its even in here. Can someone send them to me or point me to a page number?
(#936)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-09-2020, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Togaf16
Hey Terry,

Sorry if this has been answered already. I have a 2017 C43 and want to know if the JB4 removes the top speed governor on the car? Also I have the option to open the exhaust flaps on my car but the default is set to closed. Anyway JB4 allows us to override the system so that they default to open when starting the car? Same goes for the ECO option which shuts down your car at a stoplight. The option defaults to ON, but it would be great if JB4 could also default it to OFF.
Last question, what MAP would I run if I bought the standard ECO Boost mix off the shelf at Autozone or another car parts store? They dont sell 93 Octane where I live.

Many thanks!
TOGA
Unable to change the speed limiter on this platform. Currently do not have CANflap active but maybe in the future on that.

Usually map2 is the go-to map for most fuels and situations.

Burger Motorsports

(#937)
Old

Car: Mercedes Benz C450
Default 10-18-2020, 09:29 AM

Hello Terry new to the site I just logged 60-130 Map 0, needed ur opinion on the settings I should have just bought the jb4 for 2016 C450 AMR flash tune stage 2
Attached Files
File Type: csv 60To13010182020.csv (7.0 KB, 4 views)
(#938)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-18-2020, 08:43 PM

So far looks good. What fuel are you using?

Set map6 to 1.5 across the board and log map6 next!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#939)
Old

Car: C300
Default 10-21-2020, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari911
Im looking for instructions for the brown wire hook up on my 2019 C300 and dont feel like looking reading through 30 pages to find it, if its even in here. Can someone send them to me or point me to a page number?
https://imgur.com/a/qucSOV2
Might need to contort your hand to get in, but its doable
(#940)
Old

Car: 2019 c300
Default 10-22-2020, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savvy
https://imgur.com/a/qucSOV2
Might need to contort your hand to get in, but its doable
yep its not that bad i had to take it out a couple of times for dealer trips. The hoses surrounding it are flexible, just make sure the engine is cool.
(#941)
Old

Car: 2018 Mercedes AMG GLC 43 SUV
Default Help me decide - 10-25-2020, 05:51 PM

Hi, I have a 2018 Mercedes AMG GLC 43 SUV and am thinking about either the Racechip GTS or the JB4 Tuner for my car. Both seem to have great reviews and Racechip is a bit less expensive especially now that they are running a $100 Dollar off Fall Special on their GTS Tuners. I personally prefer to deal with a company that is in the United States which seems to be easier when it comes to customer support. Since we are heading into the colder months I am in no hurry to get the car tuned this instant and would be willing to wait if there are any Black Friday Specials coming up next month. Please let me know or keep me posted if there are any Black Friday Saving coming up. Thank you very much. You all stay Safe out there.
(#942)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-27-2020, 02:00 PM

RaceChip is a joke. If you paid $200 for it you'd still be over-paying. Read about the differences here: https://burgertuning.com/pages/faq

BMS is an everyday low price business and we don't do sales.

Burger Motorsports