N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: E93
Default N54 fuel system - 07-25-2020, 03:30 AM

Hi could any one tell me how much fuel come out the standard fuel regulator? I have a bucketless lpfp with a walbro 525 no PI standard fuel lines ect just wondering if it would have enough flow to run the jet pump to lift fuel from the regulator side of the tank to the fuel pump side so I could run the pump straight to the fillter regulator? and what does that wire on the regulator float do? how does it affect the pump? any advice would be appreciated thanks
(#2)
Old

Default 07-25-2020, 11:00 PM

Anybody?
(#3)
Old

Car: 2007 e60 5 series
Default 07-26-2020, 06:12 PM

Just like you said, your regulated. Your fuel pressure drops from the amount of obstacles it encounters. Not to mention a regulator and a pwm controller. I may get flamed for this, but I see no way a stock ekp can run a big pump like a 450 or 525 to its full potential. They run to much amps , and require a voltage booster to run these at there full potential. You’d be better off leaving it stock, and run a surge tank.
(#4)
Old

Default 07-27-2020, 02:17 AM

well I already have the buckless bracket and pump dont have a factory bucket anymore Im thinking of running a 08an fuel line from the pump to a aftermarket fuel pressure regulator(FPR) then to the hpfp and use the original fuel line as a return from the FPR and run the jet pump to put fuel from the filter side to the pump side but back to the original question what does that wire on the regulator do? how does it affect the pump?