N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
FS

Car: BMW E93 N54 2009
Default WMI + Race BEF - 06-18-2020, 03:32 AM

As WMI raises the fuel octane rating significantly, can I run the car with the RACE BEF? Or is there another BEF for this? I'm typically running 21-22 psi with E50, but sometime regular 93 RM2 gas. Should I be concerned about timing under part load / no WMI? Thanks
(#2)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 06-29-2020, 01:17 PM

You should be able to get away with 93+WMI with a race BEF.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old
FS

Car: BMW E93 N54 2009
Default 06-30-2020, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
You should be able to get away with 93+WMI with a race BEF.
Yeah, I am seeing the odd timing pull, but nothing too bad. Now working on my own map 6 and will start playing with the BEF. Want to try address the low load values the ECU/TCU are seeing compared boost i.e. boost to load is not at all linear, and thus timing in boost limited 1st and 2nd gear could probably be better. DCT slips every now and again after lots of hard driving.

Also might open the exhaust valves a bit longer to help support the turbo at high rpms.
(#4)
Old

Car: 2008 335i Vert (E93, N54)
Default 07-08-2020, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagumpf
Yeah, I am seeing the odd timing pull, but nothing too bad. Now working on my own map 6 and will start playing with the BEF. Want to try address the low load values the ECU/TCU are seeing compared boost i.e. boost to load is not at all linear, and thus timing in boost limited 1st and 2nd gear could probably be better. DCT slips every now and again after lots of hard driving.

Also might open the exhaust valves a bit longer to help support the turbo at high rpms.

Self tuning can be fun and educational. Not dissing it.

That said, I suggest a tuner to customize the BEF.

I played a lot on my setup, but after a year I went with Trebila. Night to Day for me. I've been free to simply enjoy the car now.
I respect there are a number of tuners - just ensure you go with someone that has a lot of positive reviews on your platform and mods.

2008 335i Convertible, E93, N54, A/T (200,000+ km)
Wheels: 322 | Tires: R.275/35r18, F.245/40r18
TUNE: JB4/Trebila | 24 PSI | 100% Meth via dual CM5 | 94 Octane
BMS: JB4, Map 6 | WMI | 5" FMIC | OCC | DCI | Cowel Filters
RB: Inlets | PCV Valve
VRSF: DiPis | CP
HKS BOV
xHP Stage 3
NGK-97506 @ .020

Maintenance:
2018 - A/T Replaced | Ign Coils | Walnut Blast
2019 - Index 12 Injectors | VCG | OFHG & O-rings | TStat
2020 - OPG | Battery | IBS | Water Pump | Plugs | Alternator