N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2008 E82 135i
Default newbie intro with several questions! - 09-19-2019, 10:24 AM

Hello guys,
This is my first post on this great forum, my name is Ricardo, I´m 27 years old and I live in Mexico city, I have owned my 2008 Sedona Red 135i 6MT for almost a year, purchased her last November and I absolutely love every second of driving it, its pretty much stock at the moment with just a Remus catback, I have done just a few maintenance work on it, my serpentine belt broke (due to the Power steering pump hitting the subrame and breaking, so I'm due to replace the engine mounts does anyone know if S54 engine mounts from the E46 M3 work on my car?) luckily my Main seal was intact and no belt got inside the engine, was paranoid about that after reading about that fault! also replaced all the idler pulleys and tensioner while i was in there, and a basic stage 0, plugs from N55 (ZR5TPP33, I couldn´t get the S version sadly, hope they are ok , anyone has an answer about that?, there's millions of topics about those plugs, but no defintive answer) oil and all filters. She has been great to me so far, maybe due to the fact she´s only 52,000 miles young.
Sadly for my wallet, the mod bug has already bitten me and I´m set on getting to stage 2+ from MHD, I have already purchased my charge pipe from BMS (great quality I must say and price is very good too) and ARM ******* ********* (not installed yet). I alredy have a proper tablet to load the maps and a working K+ DCAN from bimmergeeks, so basically everything set to just load the map and enjoy right? Paranoid me has read several times how the MSD80 blows injection mosfets specially after flashed and takes injectors and coils with them and quickly everything turns into a big expensive mess! I´m currently deciding wether I should wait, designate around $700 and have my ECU cloned into a MSD81? in my mind that looks like the safest bet, but considering I should ship my DME, CAS module and a working key fob to US to have it cloned and then shipped back, if by any means the parcel gets lost/damaged I will have a red, bavarian brick on my driveway, so I'm not really sure what path should I follow, do it properly, wait and have my DME uprgaded to the beefier MSD81? or just bite the bullet and flash my car with MHD´s stage 2+ (*******) and hope for the best and that my mosfets last? How frequently does MSD80s blow, Am I at great risk?
What´s the best place/shop to have my DME upgraded? I have only contacted Levan from BIMECU.COM he seems very knowledgeable and good, just asking if there´s any better option.
Last question, when I finally flash MHD stage 2, will the check engine light for the cats clear itself everytime I drive the car? What happens if another fault arises will the other fault be shown on the CEL or would it also be turned off automatically?

Thanks for reading me guys and sorry for the long winded post!
(#2)
Old

Red face 09-19-2019, 10:31 AM

Some older pics

(#3)
Old

Default 09-20-2019, 10:26 AM

any help???
(#4)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: E92 335XI
Default 09-20-2019, 10:32 AM

Hi, welcome

Not too sure what flash only / MHD does or doesn't do in regards to codes etc.

You'd need a JB4 to receive tuning support from us.

However, congrats on the car, it looks nice- glad you are enjoying our chargepipe too

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.