N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 535i
Default Look for insights on e60 n54 transmission swap (auto to 6sp) - 05-12-2019, 05:23 AM

Hi n54 peeps,

I have a general question as Iím truly considering this swap.

Long story short, I have a 2008 535i with tons of performance (pure stage 2, FBO) and maintenance mods done to it and it has a clean 79k original miles on it. The only downside in my eyes that keeps this from being the perfect combination is a manual 6sp transmission. (It has sport auto now)

If I sold the car I wouldnít get anywhere near the money I have in it and honestly I know this car now because I have literally changed everything and itís a California car that I bought from the original owner with every maintenance record known.

Recently I have found another 2008 535i that is somewhat local and has the 6sp Manual transmission in it. Higher mileage car (150k) but I would consider buying this doner car, service the transmission and put it into my car, then sell the doner with the sport auto.

For a direct swap 2008 e60 535i to e60 535i, what would I actually need to swap?

Iím assuming, drivetrain, ecu, SAT steering column and shifter console. Anything else Iím missing? I wouldnít be directly doing the work but a good friend of mine would help who has been doing a lot of work and he owns a 135i as well.

Thank you all for your thoughts and insights.