N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
sho89mtx sho89mtx is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 13
Join Date: Aug 2018
Car: 2008 BMW 335i sedan
Default finally got some mods - 09-21-2018, 03:48 AM

Last weekend I removed 10lbs of plastic and installed the BMS Cowl filters, the BMS DCI's, and installed a JB+ that I got used off ebay and it's a huge difference! I love the sound of the BOV too now that there isn't a huge piece of plastic muffling the sound. My car definitely feels much faster and fun to drive now. Trying to figure out my next mods. Gonna probably go with the VRSF Charge pipe, Tial BOV, ********* and 7" intercooler and eventually the jb4, just don't know in what order yet


08' 335i Sedan. BMS DCI, JB+, BMS COWLS
Reply With Quote
(#2)
Old
LessIsMore's Avatar
LessIsMore LessIsMore is offline
Inner Circle Member
 
Posts: 1,185
Join Date: Aug 2012
Car: 2009 535i Sport SAT
Default 09-21-2018, 08:21 AM

Congrats on first mods.
Recommend you upgrade to a JB4 asap.
then do intercooler.


2017 AMG C63 - JB4 - 11.69 @ 127 (dragy)
2009 BMW 535i - 548 whp - sold
Reply With Quote
(#3)
Old
sho89mtx sho89mtx is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 13
Join Date: Aug 2018
Car: 2008 BMW 335i sedan
Default 09-21-2018, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LessIsMore
Congrats on first mods.
Recommend you upgrade to a JB4 asap.
then do intercooler.
Will the jb4 be that big of an upgrade with my mods compared to jb+ if I could only do stage 1 on both?


08' 335i Sedan. BMS DCI, JB+, BMS COWLS
Reply With Quote
(#4)
Old
CJ 135i CJ 135i is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 39
Join Date: Apr 2018
Car: 2010 BMW 135i M Sport
Default 09-21-2018, 08:46 AM

I would highly recommend the JB4 with MHD backend flash. Those two alone made my car more enjoyable to drive. Once you get JB4 you will want to get a Chargepipe because the stock plastic one will fail after a few pulls at 14psi.
Reply With Quote
(#5)
Old
sho89mtx sho89mtx is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 13
Join Date: Aug 2018
Car: 2008 BMW 335i sedan
Default 09-21-2018, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ 135i
I would highly recommend the JB4 with MHD backend flash. Those two alone made my car more enjoyable to drive. Once you get JB4 you will want to get a Chargepipe because the stock plastic one will fail after a few pulls at 14psi.
Yeah that's why I was thinking chargepipe and BOV first because as soon as I get a jb4 and MHD it will definately cause that thing to crack, plus i'll need a jb4 before I get ********* to clear the codes, right?


08' 335i Sedan. BMS DCI, JB+, BMS COWLS
Reply With Quote
(#6)
Old
LessIsMore's Avatar
LessIsMore LessIsMore is offline
Inner Circle Member
 
Posts: 1,185
Join Date: Aug 2012
Car: 2009 535i Sport SAT
Default 09-21-2018, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho89mtx
Will the jb4 be that big of an upgrade with my mods compared to jb+ if I could only do stage 1 on both?
yes.

IMO a JB4 is more important for power than FBO hard parts - You can be stock with JB4 and make 400 whp.
Plus the JB4 has all the safety controls for AFR, boost, meth, etc. Logging, phone app integration, allows JB4 PI controller integration, and more.


2017 AMG C63 - JB4 - 11.69 @ 127 (dragy)
2009 BMW 535i - 548 whp - sold
Reply With Quote
(#7)
Old
sho89mtx sho89mtx is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 13
Join Date: Aug 2018
Car: 2008 BMW 335i sedan
Default 09-21-2018, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LessIsMore
yes.

IMO a JB4 is more important for power than FBO hard parts - You can be stock with JB4 and make 400 whp.
Plus the JB4 has all the safety controls for AFR, boost, meth, etc. Logging, phone app integration, allows JB4 PI controller integration, and more.
Good advice, thanks. I was looking at your sig, What does your car in the 1/4 mile with that 548hp?


08' 335i Sedan. BMS DCI, JB+, BMS COWLS
Reply With Quote
(#8)
Old
LessIsMore's Avatar
LessIsMore LessIsMore is offline
Inner Circle Member
 
Posts: 1,185
Join Date: Aug 2012
Car: 2009 535i Sport SAT
Default 09-21-2018, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho89mtx
Good advice, thanks. I was looking at your sig, What does your car in the 1/4 mile with that 548hp?
wish I could tell you! I haven't been to a track with the mods - however dragy says 12.3 @ 119, but that was a 2.1 60 ft in 80* temps on bumpy uphill back road on street tires.


2017 AMG C63 - JB4 - 11.69 @ 127 (dragy)
2009 BMW 535i - 548 whp - sold
Reply With Quote
(#9)
Old
sho89mtx sho89mtx is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 13
Join Date: Aug 2018
Car: 2008 BMW 335i sedan
Default 09-21-2018, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LessIsMore
wish I could tell you! I haven't been to a track with the mods - however dragy says 12.3 @ 119, but that was a 2.1 60 ft in 80* temps on bumpy uphill back road on street tires.
Yeah i was guessing mid 11's


08' 335i Sedan. BMS DCI, JB+, BMS COWLS
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Copyright 2007 - 2020, N54tech.com