N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#76)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-15-2020, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serstylz2
Won't be disappointing for me. I had some extreme lean conditions the 1st time around on the dyno. With some logs and experience I now believe I have dialed in a good Map 6 for the car, so my dyno time will be used to see the power across the band, not an attempt to see a better peak WHP number. The deltas I'll be looking for are significant difference along the curve. With the EWG connectors, I hope to see some power gains on the low end if I understand correctly. Most importantly I hope my curve is smoother than before, with better power delivery due to the 1 psi tapered steps I set up on the map
If you're renting the dyno for an hour or two to do real time tuning that is another story and well worth it. If just doing a handful of runs probably a waste of time.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#77)
Old

Car: 2016 Q50 3.0t
Default 04-15-2020, 05:32 PM

I see they aren't in backorder anymore. Just placed my order. Is there a chart showing what each map is for in the 8 firmware? I downloaded it, but haven't installed it yet.
(#78)
Old

Car: 2016 q50 premium
Default 04-16-2020, 12:34 AM

Hello! I'm looking for help with wastegate control settings. I have been playing around a bit and wound up getting way more torque down low and more top end charge!.... I'm sure its not good to run it on kill all the time,,, oh well
here is a log from last night. It starts around timestamp 5,516. The boost is a bit "spicy" haha. E30ish mix with 92 oct.
mods: Helmholtz alxe back, hks bov, jb4 w/ fuel and ewg wires.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 4-15 boost control test (short vr.).csv (379.4 KB, 75 views)
(#79)
Old

Car: 2019 Q50 Luxe
Default 04-16-2020, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by importroller
I see they aren't in backorder anymore. Just placed my order. Is there a chart showing what each map is for in the 8 firmware? I downloaded it, but haven't installed it yet.
In the main Infiniti Q50/Q60 thread all of the Map/Firmware info and changes are in the 1st few posts

2019 Q50 Luxe RWD *JB4 with Bluetooth, Fuel Wires & EWG Connectors*BMS Intakes*AMS Downers*Frozen Boost 101*Megan Y Pipe*ADD W1 Oil Catch Can*HKS BOVs*275/40/19 Firehawk Indy 500s*
423 whp, 450 tq at 16.8psi with E30/JB4/FW/Intakes
12.64 @114mph
0-60 4.46
(#80)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-16-2020, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liveseyd238
Hello! I'm looking for help with wastegate control settings. I have been playing around a bit and wound up getting way more torque down low and more top end charge!.... I'm sure its not good to run it on kill all the time,,, oh well
here is a log from last night. It starts around timestamp 5,516. The boost is a bit "spicy" haha. E30ish mix with 92 oct.
mods: Helmholtz alxe back, hks bov, jb4 w/ fuel and ewg wires.
Runs are too short for me to really evaluate anything. But I can see boost response is improved with the EWG on there.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#81)
Old

Default 04-16-2020, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serstylz2
In the main Infiniti Q50/Q60 thread all of the Map/Firmware info and changes are in the 1st few posts
Thanks, found it.
(#82)
Old

Default 04-16-2020, 09:31 PM

I set up map 6 according to the instructions. The wires should be here Saturday. Is this how it should be setup? Just want to be sure I followed instructions correctly.
Attached Images

(#83)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-16-2020, 09:36 PM

Yes, you can set FF to 60 also. That has been working fine for most.

Burger Motorsports

(#84)
Old

Default 04-20-2020, 10:06 AM

Just curious, I didn't see it mentioned earlier. Are these still active when not using map 6? Or are they still
Active even in the other maps?
(#85)
Old

Car: 2016 q50 premium
Default 04-20-2020, 10:22 AM

Terry, here is a log with a 0-60 and a long 3rd/4th gear pull. I got my best 0-60 time here too! 4.37! stock runflats and a pretty much stock car!!
this was vs. a 392 scatpack with no cats, full exhaust, and hp tuners tune. (he pulled about a car on me on the top end) 0-60 starts at timestamp 1100. 3rd/4th starts at 2100.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 0-60(437)vs louis(13).csv (254.6 KB, 74 views)
(#86)
Old

Default 04-20-2020, 02:06 PM

got mine today. i took the entire unit off the car to do pin wires, as it was easier that way to do in my free time. The actual install back on the car was only about 20 minutes. the passenger side one wasn't as bad as it looked at first, if you position your fingers correctly when you reach down. and i have big hands, but skinny fingers. I'll get some logs maybe tomorrow as i have an appointment in the morning to get to.
(#87)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-20-2020, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Terry, here is a log with a 0-60 and a long 3rd/4th gear pull. I got my best 0-60 time here too! 4.37! stock runflats and a pretty much stock car!!
this was vs. a 392 scatpack with no cats, full exhaust, and hp tuners tune. (he pulled about a car on me on the top end) 0-60 starts at timestamp 1100. 3rd/4th starts at 2100.
Nice! log looks good to me.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#88)
Old

Default 04-20-2020, 05:08 PM

Quote:
AWD I assume?

2019 Q50 Luxe RWD *JB4 with Bluetooth, Fuel Wires & EWG Connectors*BMS Intakes*AMS Downers*Frozen Boost 101*Megan Y Pipe*ADD W1 Oil Catch Can*HKS BOVs*275/40/19 Firehawk Indy 500s*
12.64 @114mph
0-60 4.46
(#89)
Old

Default 04-20-2020, 07:26 PM

Just got the EWGC wires installed today, was a little difficult but managed to install both sides without removing anything. How do these map 6 logs look? 7psi peak, ~E30 fuel.

Side note, what does the timestamp column correspond to?
Attached Files
File Type: csv 200420_1738.csv (8.9 KB, 60 views)
File Type: csv 200420_1740.csv (9.2 KB, 53 views)
File Type: csv 200420_1744.csv (8.2 KB, 56 views)

Last edited by ckakka2; 04-20-2020 at 09:46 PM..
(#90)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50
Default 04-20-2020, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Yes, you can set FF to 60 also. That has been working fine for most.
When you say set ff to 60 do we also change duty bias to 60 across the board Or leave it at 50?
(#91)
Old

Default 04-21-2020, 11:50 AM

got to take the car for a drive this morning to get my exhaust adjusted. How do these logs look?
Attached Files
File Type: csv 20200421_0909_runs(3).csv (17.9 KB, 59 views)
File Type: csv 20200421_1059_runs(6).csv (26.5 KB, 55 views)
(#92)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-21-2020, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckakka2
Just got the EWGC wires installed today, was a little difficult but managed to install both sides without removing anything. How do these map 6 logs look? 7psi peak, ~E30 fuel.

Side note, what does the timestamp column correspond to?
Looks good to me. Timestamp is ths of a second.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#93)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-21-2020, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by importroller
got to take the car for a drive this morning to get my exhaust adjusted. How do these logs look?
Normal
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#94)
Old

Default 04-21-2020, 01:41 PM

so i don't need to make any adjustment? i'm good to go?
(#95)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-21-2020, 03:03 PM

Yes!

Burger Motorsports

(#96)
Old

Default 04-21-2020, 03:29 PM

Hey Terry, on the main thread you posted a dyno sheet with EWGC + E40. There were no fueling upgrades required with that? What PSI were you pushing?

2016 Q50 3.0t Premium AWD - JB4 + EWGC

DWS 06 - F: 245/40-19 R:285/35-19
(#97)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-21-2020, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckakka2
Hey Terry, on the main thread you posted a dyno sheet with EWGC + E40. There were no fueling upgrades required with that? What PSI were you pushing?
We pushed things close to the max for that. We're not ready yet to push customer cars that hard but we're working our way up as more EWG data comes in.

Burger Motorsports

(#98)
Old

Car: Q50 Red Sport
Default 04-22-2020, 02:07 PM

just for curiosity and data, ive been slowly lowering the E85 mix to just see what i could get by with. here is a quick log(there was people walking near the track) of what should be ~e14
Attached Files
File Type: csv 20200422_142131_runs(1).csv (7.7 KB, 58 views)

Last edited by jsbowling42; 04-22-2020 at 04:10 PM..
(#99)
Old

Car: Q50 Red Sport
Default 04-22-2020, 02:22 PM

do you have a link to the post? i looked through Terry's posts yesterday and didn't see it.
(#100)
Old

Default 04-23-2020, 03:27 PM

I dont have any clue which connectors I am going to be connecting these to haha. Seemed easy until I got out here. I'll disconnect my catch can and BOV for now until someone can confirm the 2 connectors I photographed. Are these the ones?

12.64 @114mph
0-60 4.46