N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 120i
Default v14 PWM meth control unstable - 09-30-2019, 01:37 AM

Hi were there changes to the PWM meth flow in v14 FW.

I am getting less flow and RPM dependent and unstable behavior after I upgraded. Is this normal?

Note if I disable PWM it looks stable / normal, so my pump is OK.

See logs one with PWM and one without, it almost looks like meth flow is tracking the RPM, however you can see form the trims that the meth flow is much lower then with the PWM disabled, note that form <4500 RPM I have meth PWM set to 100 or 100% I assume, but flow is actually much lower then with PWM disabled.

Note I want the higher flow of PWM disabled but I do not want the really low AFR on the meth tip in that you can see on the log with the PWM disabled. I found that if AFR goes below 10 it can bog out and misfire.

Or if I could get the meth to only flow >3500 RPM with no PWM control
(#2)
Old

Car: M240i
Default 09-30-2019, 10:34 PM

I'm not an expert on what you're attempting, but have some thoughts/questions. I see you are changing maps, did you enable meth on all maps? If you want progressive disabled, but only active above 3500... Have you tried changing min RPM to 3500?
(#3)
Old

Default 10-01-2019, 08:38 AM

You mean try to set external trigger to 1, that may enable the meth RPM control? Wouldn't make sense but I guess worth a try.

I have it set to 3500 RPM now, but it starts at 2000 RPM

I did find somewhere it said that external trigger enables meth on all maps, but it was working on all maps before when I had this set to 0, maybe with new FW they update this to now do something, I was under the impression that an external trigger would be like a trigger form another controller or something so I set to 0
(#4)
Old

Default 10-03-2019, 10:06 PM

tried both with trigger set to 1, and 0, and also on map 6 and map 7, the meth RPM setting does nothing or is broken in v14 FW, meth always kicks in at 2000-2500 RPM even if RPM is met to 3500-7000 in APP

best I could do was increase meth boost where it kicks in to 13-14 PSI, that did seem to help, I will run this for now, its workable
(#5)
Old

Car: M240i
Default 10-05-2019, 11:35 PM

Post some logs with psi back to low and RPM high to show that it's not working. Terry or Payam can review and provide feedback. There may be a setting off that's causing the issue.