N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 08 335i
Default installed stage 2 turbos, now high trims and lean afr - 02-24-2019, 04:31 AM

since installation, ive been trying to do 3rd gear and up WOT to finish the custom mapping with Trebila, but car keeps suffer lean afr and high fuel trims
my mods are Meth(2 bm10 nozzles), BL coils, stage 2 turbos, vrsf **, oil catch can, sillicone inlet, aluminum outlet, jb4 mhd custom map, E50, stage 2 Lpfp

first code i got was 2C7C 2C7B 2C2D, and after dropping to E30 and map 1(15psi max) with meth could barely handle the fuel demands, we thought something was wrong and I replaced all 4 o2 sensors & hpfp,
now im still getting 2C7C code after replacing the all 4 of sensors.
logging after replacing all o2 sensors and Hpfp, 3rd gear WOT,
bank 1 afr is around 15 and trims 50+, while bank 2 afr& trims better (12.5 & below 50)

what else should i look into? ******** leaks? factory faulty o2 sensors? what are all possible things that could cause this? so i can check one by one until fix this issue.
thanks in advance!
(#2)
Old

Car: 535ix
Default 02-24-2019, 06:41 AM

I'm sure you already verified this but have you tried switching the O2 sensor connections on top of the manifold? They are very easy to mix up especially if you put on new o2 sensors.
(#3)
Old

Default 02-24-2019, 06:45 AM

already have.. grey in back black in front, only strange thing was that i bought bosch aftermarket o2 sensors and they dont have grey / black differences on top of manifold.
(#4)
Old

Car: 535ix
Default 02-24-2019, 06:52 AM

There are two different oem O2 lengths. Most people do what you did (me too) is just buy two each of the longer length sensors and save the difference in cost. The only downside it's then easier is cross the connections at the manifold. Good news is if that happens you just flip the manifold connects.

Hope you find the root cause on what's going on here.
(#5)
Old

Default 02-24-2019, 06:58 AM

if i crossed connections at the manifold wouldnt the both banks have issues? but i will still check and make sure again.
(#6)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-24-2019, 09:25 PM

You'd need to resolve any O2 sensor faults before starting to tune it.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#7)
Old

Default 02-25-2019, 12:04 AM

right, but im stuck after replacing all the o2 sensors... im sure they are installed right.
from the log, it shows that only bank 1 is suffering from lean AFR. could this from v band or ** gasket leaks?? i do have straight ***** so each banks have their own exhaust pipe line.
other than that, all the possible thing that can go wrong i think is DME connection to O2 sensors is fried? any ideas where i should check?
(#8)
Old

Default BUMP logs added - 02-25-2019, 05:15 PM

logs updated, with meth i think they are better??
but without meth, map 1 will kick me out to map 4 ..
2C7C - Lambda probe behind catalytic converter 2, Signal

stage 2 turbos and lpfp, sillicon inlets & outlet, meth kit, chargepipe with tial bov, E30, downp ininstalled.

please help! ive waited so long for this turbo upgrade

map1 no meth : map1 meth trig 0 run1 - Google Sheets
map1 no meth : map 1 no meth 345th - Google Sheets
map1 yes meth : map1 meth trig1 345th run2 - Google Sheets

Last edited by nick; 02-25-2019 at 05:21 PM..
(#9)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: E92 335XI
Default 02-27-2019, 12:31 AM

Can you please upload the CSV?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#10)
Old

Default 02-27-2019, 01:07 AM

heres the csv file.

after this ive been commuting work (only light throttles) and sometimes my afr would be around 15-19 on light throttle.. kinda scary

this is on E30, stage 2 lpfp, stage 2 turbo, BL coil, 2*BM10 nozzles 100% meth, sillicone inlet, aluminum outlet, oil catch can.

this all happened right after turbo installation.
Attached Files
File Type: csv map 1 no meth 345th.csv (20.9 KB, 83 views)
File Type: csv map1 meth trig 0 run1.csv (14.9 KB, 82 views)
File Type: csv map1 meth trig1 345th run2.csv (18.6 KB, 85 views)
File Type: csv map1 e30 light throttle.csv (21.4 KB, 87 views)
File Type: csv map1 e30 15-19 afr .csv (7.1 KB, 80 views)