N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1551)
Old

Car: 340ix
Default 12-07-2018, 10:17 PM

So with the ecu flashing for jb4 guys will we be getting bootmood back end flashes?
(#1552)
Old

Car: BMW F30 LCI 320i 2017
Default 12-09-2018, 04:31 PM

Firmware 11.7 isnt working por my 320i B48. Log attached.
First run after installing firmware 11 was ok, map 6, 17 flat psi, same settings as with firmware 9. Next day i did a log and the attached file is the result, ver y little if any extra boost. Tried additive Maps 1 to 3, they did make more boost than absolute map 6 with flat 17 psi but to much overall hessitation. Went again to firmware 9, map 6 and its working almost fine.
Hope you can enhance it soon.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 0_firmware 11-7 (b48 320i 17psi flat)Map_6.csv (18.3 KB, 146 views)
(#1553)
Old

Car: 2016 340xi
Default 12-09-2018, 05:44 PM

Hi all... Im not sure if anyone else can help with this question, or if Terry would be the only one to answer. If you have any input please feel free to kindly respond...kindly....lol. I have one of the original B58 JB4 BETAs from early 2016. I am getting rid of my 340i - 6 speed manual...and getting a 2019 540i auto. i am currently running MAP 2..i have the BMS intake that i will try to swap over as well...my question is can i simply install the old unit, plug and play as is....or do i need to do any firmware changes to the JB4? Also, i havent really messed with it or changed any settings or firmware since i got it. Anything glaringly new i should be aware of? i am all about doing my research but there are way too many pages and way too many posts to run through them all. Any assistance, guidance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
(#1554)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-09-2018, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JorgeIII
First run after installing firmware 11 was ok, map 6, 17 flat psi, same settings as with firmware 9. Next day i did a log and the attached file is the result, ver y little if any extra boost. Tried additive Maps 1 to 3, they did make more boost than absolute map 6 with flat 17 psi but to much overall hessitation. Went again to firmware 9, map 6 and its working almost fine.
Let's see the same log on the v9 firmware so I can compare the two, see what is different.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1555)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-09-2018, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyc
Hi all... Im not sure if anyone else can help with this question, or if Terry would be the only one to answer. If you have any input please feel free to kindly respond...kindly....lol. I have one of the original B58 JB4 BETAs from early 2016. I am getting rid of my 340i - 6 speed manual...and getting a 2019 540i auto. i am currently running MAP 2..i have the BMS intake that i will try to swap over as well...my question is can i simply install the old unit, plug and play as is....or do i need to do any firmware changes to the JB4? Also, i havent really messed with it or changed any settings or firmware since i got it. Anything glaringly new i should be aware of? i am all about doing my research but there are way too many pages and way too many posts to run through them all. Any assistance, guidance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
Should swap right over! Short of that without seeing a JB4 log I can't tell tell what you have or what differences the new firmware might make for you.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1556)
Old

Default 12-10-2018, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Let's see the same log on the v9 firmware so I can compare the two, see what is different.
Here. Same car and settings but on firmware 9.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 1544448343541_0_firmware 9 b48 20i 17psi flat Map_6.csv (16.0 KB, 142 views)
(#1557)
Old

Car: 2016 340xi
Default 12-10-2018, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Should swap right over! Short of that without seeing a JB4 log I can't tell tell what you have or what differences the new firmware might make for you.
Thanks Terry...thats what i was hoping. Great news. I will get everything installed and see if i can get a log saved.
(#1558)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-10-2018, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JorgeIII
Looks like it's something specific to the low boost target of the 320i and the new absolute logic, so just run the previous version if that works better for your particular situation.

Burger Motorsports

(#1559)
Old

Default 12-10-2018, 05:38 PM

Thanks.

Quote:
Looks like it's something specific to the low boost target of the 320i and the new absolute logic, so just run the previous version if that works better for your particular situation.
(#1560)
Old

Car: 120i
Default 12-13-2018, 12:39 AM

LOL, issues with low DME on your car, and issue with high DME on my car, I hope they get this updated soon

I have 22 psi DME target on stage 2 flash tune, and the boost and WGDB control on pretty much all FW version does not work at all

here to hope they can support some level of boost control on flash tunes soon, this is an expensive meth controller
(#1561)
Old

Car: bmw 125i 2018
Default 12-16-2018, 11:34 PM

Hi All,
has anyone tested JB4 in 2018 125i B48 Australian model? which model will JB4 recognize as?
it doesn't seem to have any feedback on the web at all...
(#1562)
Old
BMW After BMW

Car: BMW M240i
Default 12-21-2018, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Added 11_TEST1 to the first post which seemed to allow me to delete faults on our test car. Let me know if it does or doesn't work for anyone else.
Noticed we were up to 11_T4 now... any changes from T1 to be aware of? I'm going to send in some Map 7 (meth + FF/EWG) logs. Map 7 feels very different on 11 than on 9.

2017 F23/M240i Convertible (B58) / 6MT / FF Wires / EWG Wires / BMS Air Intake / Stock Exhaust / BMS Meth (100%) / 93 Octane
(#1563)
Old

Car: BMW
Default 12-21-2018, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterYous
Map 7 feels very different on 11 than on 9.
In a good or bad way?

2013 335is: V8Bait tuned, M4 DCT flywheel, E50 + AEM meth kit with dual BM5 nozzles, MMP relocated inlets, VRSF outlets, CTS 7" IC, DCI, BMP Stage 2 fuel pump, PR coils, 3" DP, BMS charge pipe
2018 340i: Pure Stage 1 turbo, BMS meth kit, BMS intake, JB4 + MHD, DP
2011 335d: BRR tuned
(#1564)
Old

Car: C
Default 12-24-2018, 04:11 PM

Terry, any updates on when an update will be available for cars with digital gauge? The JB4 mobile app doesn't have feature for can flap.
(#1565)
Old

Default 12-27-2018, 09:56 AM

I notice on some logs people have bit6 inputed in future use D. What exactly does this do? it shows ‘unused’ on the first page.

2013 335is: V8Bait tuned, M4 DCT flywheel, E50 + AEM meth kit with dual BM5 nozzles, MMP relocated inlets, VRSF outlets, CTS 7" IC, DCI, BMP Stage 2 fuel pump, PR coils, 3" DP, BMS charge pipe
(#1566)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-27-2018, 10:17 AM

Indicates to the JB4 you have a flash map loaded, not used for a lot right not but some minor changes. Like map1 becomes the flash only map.

Burger Motorsports

(#1567)
Old

Default 12-27-2018, 06:03 PM

Quote:
It makes more absolute power but there's quite a bit more hesitation due to closures at WOT on Map 7 with full meth flow. I have written about the hesitation before, as it occurred with v9, but it is more pronounced with v11. My additive is 40, but even at 30-35 it's there, just not as bad. With FUA 10 it's also a little better but that is at the price of some boost. I did connect the EWG and FF wires for use with meth and while there was some improvement, the hesitation is not cured. It's much worse now that the weather is cold too (I had always suspected IAT/air temp had some relationship, even in summer). I have never been able to fully make it go away; I do hope that when the BEFs are available it may help. Who knows, though. So the idea was to send in some logs to see if there's a correlation with what happened between v9 and v11 which may point to the reason. I'm not the only dude with an M240i on meth, but I am not sure anyone else has this issue. Anyway I owe the logs, but weather does not always cooperate in winter. I'll send some in shortly.
Hopefully the BEF helps. I canít hit target boost only issue Iím having with MAP7.

(#1568)
Old

Default 12-27-2018, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Interesting. Funny that my issue might just be too much boost, the opposite of yours. It will get to 22-23 at times then close. That makes sense, but why the boost is so far above target escapes me. I did grab logs of 3 decent runs today and will do three more tomorrow at lower additive and FUA 10 and send them together so everyone can compare.
Please share your logs when you get a chance.

(#1569)
Old

Default 12-27-2018, 07:19 PM

If you go to the W/M thread and see the last post my 2 recent logs are posted up.

(#1570)
Old

Default 12-28-2018, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Here are 5 logs. First 3 are with 40 additive and no FUA - the hesitation is clearly visible, even on short runs (3rd to 4th gear whereever possible). Boost targets get into the 19-20 range, and the car goes over a lot. The second 2 logs are short runs too (it was raining) but you can see with additive 30 and FUA 10, the hesitation is much improved - but overall power numbers are down. Peak boost targets in the 17-18 range.

All of these are with 93 octane and FF/EWG. I have also tried mixing in ethanol (got to around E18) and it might have actually made it worse... so I do not think this is an octane issue, but I could be wrong.

Just seems like the car is trying to get to some high boost number, but even with the meth, if it gets anywhere near 19-20 the throttle closes right away.

EDIT: Went back and read the latest posts from Terry and dRDiesel on the long B58 meth thread. Guess I should mention my car does not have a flash yet, so the internal fuel limiter was something I had considered. But I have read accounts of people making high levels of power with this engine on meth, even without the flash, so I wasn't sure this was what I was up against.
Check your inbox.
-
I went 1 firmware older i believe the the OBD2_9_T7 just for testing purposes and my target looks a lot closer then the latest firmware and logs.

Last edited by dRDiesel; 01-02-2019 at 09:19 AM.. Reason: Removed logs.
(#1571)
Old

Car: F30 320i B48
Default 01-11-2019, 10:18 PM

have you guys seen this video?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpMSWTYPHZw

the engine look stock at glance.. can it be done if back end flash is released?

currently loving JB4 with firmware v9 map3 with c@tlessDP..
(#1572)
Old

Default 01-12-2019, 11:18 AM

Anyone notice switching from additive to absolute map quiets down the tone of your exhaust? Map 5 sounded mean now I feel like I need a dinan mid pipe after switching to map 7 my MPE doesn’t sound as aggressive and poppy.

(#1573)
Old

Car: 2018 340i
Default 01-12-2019, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRDiesel
Anyone notice switching from additive to absolute map quiets down the tone of your exhaust? Map 5 sounded mean now I feel like I need a dinan mid pipe after switching to map 7 my MPE doesnít sound as aggressive and poppy.
Really weird because on map7 my car burbles and pops WAY more than on any other map. Could just be the ********* pipe but with map 7 it sounds like my car is cracking a whip.
(#1574)
Old

Car: '11 135i Coupe
Default 01-16-2019, 07:43 PM

Does version 9 still have map4 as the oem pass through tuning with code clearing and logging still active?
(#1575)
Old

Car: X3M40i
Default 01-18-2019, 05:25 AM

Hi Guys ,

I`m just switch from jb+ to Jb4 (Metal case with bluetooth module) today on my X3m40i
It`s seem like the jb4 doesnt seem to give any additional boost as compare to jb+ which is straightforward.
Tried map 1 & 2 so far.
Tried updated firmware to 11._test4.hex still the same.
Able advise , am using Oct 95 , stock air filter with jb4
Issit safe to switch to map 3 ?