N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#101)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-25-2013, 01:47 PM

Here is a photo of the stat installed in our 2013 F30 335. It's been in there for a few thousand miles without issue.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#102)
Old
king of the hills

Car: E92 335i
Default 04-25-2013, 08:15 PM

Question, do you need to drain oil to pop this cover of without oil spilling? Or is there no oil in that chamber unless the tstat is at operating temps?
(#103)
Old

Car: 07 E90 335i
Default 04-25-2013, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raceyBMW
Question, do you need to drain oil to pop this cover of without oil spilling? Or is there no oil in that chamber unless the tstat is at operating temps?
No just pop the covet off when its coldn little to no oil should flow out
(#104)
Old
king of the hills

Car: E92 335i
Default 04-26-2013, 12:42 PM

Thanks! I will look at mine this weekend.
(#105)
Old

Car: 335is
Default 04-27-2013, 02:52 PM

Installed mine yesterday, temps came down to 200-210 from 240-250... i like.
(#106)
Old

Car: 07 e92
Default 05-03-2013, 09:28 AM

Terry are you going to make one for us older T-stat guys?
(#107)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-03-2013, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzammil15
Terry are you going to make one for us older T-stat guys?
Yes we're working on it. Sent out a new tstat housing and waiting for the old one to get back so we can get to work.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#108)
Old

Car: 335i CDV
Default 05-03-2013, 11:42 AM

Can't wait till I open up mine, 09/2006 built. Just picked up my car from recent wreck, and about 55 outside, temp went up to 240, which is ok to me, but if that can stay at around 210-220 all the way thru commute, it's super!

Getting there:
'07 E92 6mt,
MMP stage3 hybrid,
MMP Inlet/Outlet,
MHD BMS hybrid E85 BEF,
3.5 bar,
E45,
Fuel-it! Stage 2 standard,
FBO,
Synchrotech(MFactory),
Bimmerlife R8 coils,
N20 plugs(0.020")
(#109)
Old

Car: 335 coupe
Default 05-06-2013, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Yes we're working on it. Sent out a new tstat housing and waiting for the old one to get back so we can get to work.
I should be knocking this out this week. Worked 100+ hours last week and never saw the daylight to do it. Gaskets finally came in and I'm ready.
Sorry for the delay.
(#110)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-06-2013, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmerocious
I should be knocking this out this week. Worked 100+ hours last week and never saw the daylight to do it. Gaskets finally came in and I'm ready.
Sorry for the delay.
No problem. We're ready to go as soon as it gets here.

Burger Motorsports

(#111)
Old

Default 05-07-2013, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NICKTENN
Anyone attempt this on an F30? I just tried and I swear the the thing is too long. Tried 4-5 times and decided that there's no way I'm doing something wrong. The cap just doesn't come close to closing (somewhere in the neighborhood of a 1/4" -3/8" off). Help.
Same thing happened to me on a e90 335i by hand it would still have the gap but slowly tightened the screws alternating them and it got in all the way. Could be the case of a bit to thick coating.

So far no leaks that I can see. On a 77f rainy day it hits 220f when normally it would be at 230-240f with the stat. Not much of a change but at least it's something.
(#112)
Old

Car: 09 e92 335i sport
Default 05-07-2013, 11:02 PM

does the oil have to be drained to install?
(#113)
Old

Default 05-07-2013, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunlsone
does the oil have to be drained to install?
No
(#114)
Old

Default 05-21-2013, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroom
Here is the set up from my 09/06 Build. It's different than the #1 Tstat. My oil temps are normally 210-220 but < 250 when tracking for 1/2 hr.

Attachment 12813
Just confirmed my stat is same as this....different than #1 nor #2

Getting there:
'07 E92 6mt,
MMP stage3 hybrid,
MMP Inlet/Outlet,
MHD BMS hybrid E85 BEF,
3.5 bar,
E45,
FBO,
Synchrotech(MFactory),
Bimmerlife R8 coils,
N20 plugs(0.020")
(#115)
Old

Car: 07 e92
Default 06-03-2013, 03:21 PM

any update?
(#116)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-03-2013, 04:01 PM

On 2007 models? I know we have the housing but not sure where we are on machining for the stat for it. Will update the thread when I have a firm date though.

Burger Motorsports

(#117)
Old

Default 06-03-2013, 08:00 PM

I tried to put the pin the shorter side first. Then the disc portion of the pin sealed the mid section of the inner housing b/w the inlet and outlet holes completely. But the longer end was simply too long to close the housing cap. In this case, can I simply grind or cut the pin to make it shorter?

Getting there:
'07 E92 6mt,
MMP stage3 hybrid,
MMP Inlet/Outlet,
MHD BMS hybrid E85 BEF,
3.5 bar,
E45,
FBO,
Synchrotech(MFactory),
Bimmerlife R8 coils,
N20 plugs(0.020")

Last edited by najin23; 06-03-2013 at 08:35 PM..
(#118)
Old

Default 06-03-2013, 08:01 PM

Prob my fav mod done to this car so far above everything else. Oil temps are so much cooler.

Current: 2008 e92 335i coupe.

Previous: 2003 Honda Accord V6 coupe: AEM V2, zex 75 wet shot (sold)
Past 1998 acura integra rs: jrsc @ 6 psi and bolt ons.
(#119)
Old

Car: E90
Default 06-04-2013, 07:19 PM

I can't wait til these are available for us with 07 models
(#120)
Old
Administrator

Car: M340i,X5,Raptor,C7 ZR1
Default 06-04-2013, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young_Man
I can't wait til these are available for us with 07 models
Did you check yours and it was #1 in the pic?
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#121)
Old
Demigod

Car: 2007 335i
Default 06-04-2013, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason @ BMS
Did you check yours and it was #1 in the pic?
Jason, my buddy has a ER sport cooler and the thermostat looks like #2 but the rod is recessed in the top (not sticking out) and the housing had a pretruding part that would meet up with recesses rod and when BMS thermostat is installed it is really hard to get housing back on.

JB4 G5, WEDGE flash, 455 LPFP, HFS-4 meth kit, BMS OCC, VM 6466 ST, RB valve, BMS DCI, 3" AR ***, Custom OC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2 exhaust DEFIV kit, KW clubsort, Delrin solid subfrane bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295
(#122)
Old
Administrator

Default 06-04-2013, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robc1976
Jason, my buddy has a ER sport cooler and the thermostat looks like #2 but the rod is recessed in the top (not sticking out) and the housing had a pretruding part that would meet up with recesses rod and when BMS thermostat is installed it is really hard to get housing back on.
That photo is a little confusing. The #2 stat looks like the attached pic when you take it out of a cold car. Those were taken out of a warmer car.

Bellow is an update picture of the #2 thermostat.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#123)
Old

Default 06-05-2013, 06:04 AM

I am really considering modifying the bms thermostat pin by shortening the longer end so that I can close the housing cap. My housing snugly fits the bms pin's disc portion right in the middle between the inlet and outlet of the oil passage only if I put the shorter end in first. What do you think Jason?
I have a 09/2006 built e92 with the factory oil cooler.

Getting there:
'07 E92 6mt,
MMP stage3 hybrid,
MMP Inlet/Outlet,
MHD BMS hybrid E85 BEF,
3.5 bar,
E45,
FBO,
Synchrotech(MFactory),
Bimmerlife R8 coils,
N20 plugs(0.020")
(#124)
Old
Administrator

Default 06-05-2013, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by najin23
I am really considering modifying the bms thermostat pin by shortening the longer end so that I can close the housing cap. My housing snugly fits the bms pin's disc portion right in the middle between the inlet and outlet of the oil passage only if I put the shorter end in first. What do you think Jason?
I have a 09/2006 built e92 with the factory oil cooler.

You can grind a little off of the top until it fits. Your lid is tapered more than normal on the inside. Try it but don't take off too much.

Burger Motorsports

(#125)
Old

Default 06-05-2013, 12:13 PM

Certainly, will let you all know how it went.

Getting there:
'07 E92 6mt,
MMP stage3 hybrid,
MMP Inlet/Outlet,
MHD BMS hybrid E85 BEF,
3.5 bar,
E45,
FBO,
Synchrotech(MFactory),
Bimmerlife R8 coils,
N20 plugs(0.020")