N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#126)
Old

Car: q50
Default 04-19-2019, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rs400newbie
Scared me a bit since I just retubed some lines then the pump wouldnt activate lol.

Also, maybe its just the warm weather the other day, noticed the car tranny jerked a few times under 30mph when shifting with External Trigger 1 enabled. I will keep a keen eye on it.
haven't seen the trans issue...except at the higher boost I hit the rev limiter on the 1-2 shift.
(#127)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0T Premium RWD
Default 04-24-2019, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrobohm
Looks like we have a VR30 Kit on the website. Install instructions are BMW engine centric - are there plans to update them so we have a more cookie recipe to follow for the VR30 ?
Terry - Any status on updating the install docs to be more specific for VR30 installs vs BMW?

2017 Q50 Premium RWD
  • BMS JB4 w/ Fuel Wires
  • BMS CAI w/ Inlets
  • BMS WMI
  • AMS HE
  • AMS LDP
(#128)
Old

Default 04-24-2019, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Terry - Any status on updating the install docs to be more specific for VR30 installs vs BMW?
I'd rather them spend their energy on more PIDs and features.
(#129)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-24-2019, 09:49 AM

Quote:
The VR30 WMI install photos and details are in the first post. The more photos people add to the thread the more information we'll have to make a better guide.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#130)
Old

Default 05-08-2019, 04:16 PM

Pulled the trigger on the WMI Kit - 2 gal tank w/cap seemed the best option. Shout out to RS400Newbie and his amazing PDFs. Gives me hope this upgrade will not be beyond my abilities / time constraints (fingers crossed as Plan B is to head over to Jotech and see what their help will cost.) As in the PDFs, I also want to run the WM line outside the car vs inside. I am also hoping the 2gal tank will cleanly fit in my spare tire well (going to have to store that spare / jack somewhere and hope I dont need it some day.)

Stay tuned as I am sure to have questions and will be looking to you pioneers for guidance!

2017 Q50 Premium RWD
  • BMS JB4 w/ Fuel Wires
  • BMS CAI w/ Inlets
  • BMS WMI
  • AMS HE
  • AMS LDP
(#131)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50 RS400
Default 05-08-2019, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Pulled the trigger on the WMI Kit - 2 gal tank w/cap seemed the best option. Shout out to RS400Newbie and his amazing PDFs. Gives me hope this upgrade will not be beyond my abilities / time constraints (fingers crossed as Plan B is to head over to Jotech and see what their help will cost.) As in the PDFs, I also want to run the WM line outside the car vs inside. I am also hoping the 2gal tank will cleanly fit in my spare tire well (going to have to store that spare / jack somewhere and hope I dont need it some day.)

Stay tuned as I am sure to have questions and will be looking to you pioneers for guidance!
You can do this! Its easy, just time consuming if you want a super stealthy install. Message me or post your questions here and well help out. Terry, Ando, and the rest of their team also respond on weekends lol.
(#132)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-09-2019, 10:43 AM

Quote:

Sounds good, you're going to love it!

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#133)
Old

Default 05-12-2019, 03:55 PM

Snow Nitromethane + snow boost juice - yes/no/maybe & why?

2017 Q50 Premium RWD
  • BMS JB4 w/ Fuel Wires
  • BMS CAI w/ Inlets
  • BMS WMI
  • AMS HE
  • AMS LDP
(#134)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 05-13-2019, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Snow Nitromethane + snow boost juice - yes/no/maybe & why?
Probably negligible gains for all of that. Just use boost juice or 100% methanol

Burger Motorsports

(#135)
Old

Car: RS400
Default 05-23-2019, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddnspider
I believe I found my issue, the driverside injection point was puddling and not giving me a fine mist into the intake. I was able to reconfigure my coupler/ fitting and get it to match the pass side. Plenty of companies who purely sell meth kits (Aquamist/D.O./etc.) spray post TB on other platforms so this isn't something revolutionary. We'll see how it works. I can pull the entire setup with JB and fuel wires in a short amount of time and don't have anything going to the trunk.
I believe your problem is that your pump is in a losing battle with boost pressure in your manifold. In order to inject into a boosted manifold you have to increase pump pressure at a 1:1 ratio to boost pressure. Typically you need a progressive pump to do this type of control.
(#136)
Old

Default 05-24-2019, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunerpike
I believe your problem is that your pump is in a losing battle with boost pressure in your manifold. In order to inject into a boosted manifold you have to increase pump pressure at a 1:1 ratio to boost pressure. Typically you need a progressive pump to do this type of control.
The pump sprays at 100s of psi. My issue was balancing the pass side to the driver side so they we're both pre TB. Haven't had any issues since fixing the driver side.
(#137)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-24-2019, 05:25 PM

Nozzle placement is really critical to making it work right. Might be worth switching over to our adapters and losing the BOVs.

Burger Motorsports

(#138)
Old

Default 05-24-2019, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Nozzle placement is really critical to making it work right. Might be worth switching over to our adapters and losing the BOVs.
I know exactly why I was having issues....brain fart. 1 side was pre TB and the other side was post TB.....aka straw with an open end. Soon as I moved both to pre TB issue went away. If anything you should consider making some couplers to fit pre TB so people who have BOVs can use them. I know of at least 1 person who is getting a kit and copying my location because he has BOVs.
(#139)
Old

Default 06-04-2019, 04:16 AM

Got a decent pull yest in the southern heat on map 8.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-06-03 16_06_13_Map-8.csv (8.2 KB, 10 views)
(#140)
Old

Default 06-04-2019, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Got a decent pull yest in the southern heat on map 8.
The AFR numbers look good - fuel wires responsible for that or is the WMI also playing a role? I assume straight 93 pump fuel?

2017 Q50 Premium RWD
  • BMS JB4 w/ Fuel Wires
  • BMS CAI w/ Inlets
  • BMS WMI
  • AMS HE
  • AMS LDP
(#141)
Old

Default 06-04-2019, 06:18 AM

Quote:
The AFR numbers look good - fuel wires responsible for that or is the WMI also playing a role? I assume straight 93 pump fuel?
Fuel wires are responsible for the leaner target AFR that you see in the log. WMI is responsible for needing less fuel trims added to achieve the leaner target AFR. Considering how hot it is here, I think the log looks pretty good. Oh, yes, 93 only.
(#142)
Old

Default 06-08-2019, 06:14 PM

T-Minus 6 days to install - A couple of questions:

Once the kit is installed - I presume the next steps are to purge the system till the lines are filled via the JB4 App purge button, set the JB4 to Map8, set Boost Additive 40, Signal Scaling 60, Min Flow Boost 10. Anything else ?

2017 Q50 Premium RWD
  • BMS JB4 w/ Fuel Wires
  • BMS CAI w/ Inlets
  • BMS WMI
  • AMS HE
  • AMS LDP
(#143)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-08-2019, 06:18 PM

That's it. Set to map8 first to enable the purge button.

Burger Motorsports

(#144)
Old

Default 06-13-2019, 09:39 AM

Forgot to post it here... IMG_9209.HEIC - Google Drive

2017 Q50 RS RWD
91 Octane (Food4Less gas station)
AEM low pressure fuel pump
AMS intakes /custom inlets
BMS JB4 /connect kit
BMS fuel wires
BMS pedal tuner
BMS WMI kit
Custom catback 2.5in Xpipe with resonators
CZP 2.5in LDP
Frozenboost 118 w/OEM hx
Infiniti Sports mufflers
Pennzoil Platinum 5w30

So I got my cousins car (not my car because Im stock) dynoed this week. I was able to test a few jb4 settings and got some numbers to substantiate the butt dyno. If you have an RS with similar mods, definitely try out a couple of the settings. I would definitely recommend getting the fuel wires to have somewhat of a control of the AFRs and get consistency.

This is the first time I dynoed the JB4 settings and now I have a better idea how to optimize the current sets, hopefully can get higher numbers the next time around. Never seen a car strapped in before and wow it seems to me like it puts a lot stress on the car. The car needs to be in top shape or whatever issue is lurking will come out. I did miss a couple of jb4 parameters that I should have set but I was surprised with what came out regardless. I rarely chase numbers but hopefully this post can give others some perspective of what their settings are making.

As always, every car is different, and I MUST reiterate the importance of datalogging with every change in your settings, fuel, and external conditions. Start low, datalog and make sure the car is happy as you work up to your target settings. Check fluid levels often.

The appointment was at 9:30am (45miles drive), awesome 68degree Cali weather, about 78degrees ambient in the dyno bay. Met Seb and LJ at Specialty Z, super nice guys!!! Done about 10am. Runs were back to back, about a 5 min break between run 4 and 5.

If you have an RS on jb4, highly recommend run 3 and run 7 settings below.

Run 1: jb4 map0 373.5whp/399.75wtq
Run 2: jb4 map0 363.94whp/392.04wtq
Run 3: jb4 map6 391.58whp/437.44wtq
2, 2.5, 3.0, 3.0, 3.0, 3.0, 3.0, 3.0, 3.0, 3.0, 2.0, 1.5
Run 4: jb4 map8_1 meth 411.62whp/465.34wtq
Run 5: jb4 map8_2 meth 416.99whp/476.85wtq
Run 6: jb4 map6 432.35whp/491.81wtq
Run 7: jb4 map6 405.64whp/447.32wtq
Flatboost +3
3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3

I do have a couple of mistakes since I was tuning on the fly from my phone. I forgot to enable meth on all map6. Cant wait till I go back with a more dialed in maps.

Thank you Terry and your team for getting our platform this far.
(#145)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-13-2019, 09:56 AM

Thanks for the update!! I'm sure it has 450whp potential in it but 432whp no WMI isn't bad at all.

Burger Motorsports

(#146)
Old

Default 06-13-2019, 10:06 AM

what was your map 6 settings?
(#147)
Old

Default 06-13-2019, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Thanks for the update!! I'm sure it has 450whp potential in it but 432whp no WMI isn't bad at all.
No doubt. Im only on 91 octane btw, still lots of head room. So bummed not turning on meth.
(#148)
Old

Default 06-15-2019, 05:34 PM

Quote:
what was your map 6 settings?
Ill go one ask more than that - what are your JB4 settings (eg Map6, WMI, etc.)

Id like to compare mine with someone who has been there / done that. Screen shots of the JB4 App would be just fine.

2017 Q50 Premium RWD
  • BMS JB4 w/ Fuel Wires
  • BMS CAI w/ Inlets
  • BMS WMI
  • AMS HE
  • AMS LDP
(#149)
Old

Default 06-15-2019, 06:20 PM

I been running map 8 mostly. Fuel wires on. Still running -20 WWF only. No issues, no signs of knock.
(#150)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-15-2019, 08:32 PM

Nice, what additive on map8?

Burger Motorsports