N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#6151)
Old
JCB JCB is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 141
Join Date: Feb 2020
Car: 2018 Q50 3.0t
Default 10-06-2021, 04:01 AM

Alpha50 - Timing looks good. I found that Map 5 to be dialed in well for a Non RS model. I have tried Map 6 targets that replicate it but just a bit higher boost, but it does not seem to run as well as the stock map 5.

One thing I am still trying to understand better is the Trims number. I believe yours are maxed out most of your pull - value of 44. I believe this means the car is delivering the most fuel it can. Your Air/Fuel Ratio (AFR) is still on the rich side so I think you are still OK, but might be helpful if someone on the Burger team can look at it and explain how we should read it.

One item about Octane booster products. I know of one called Booostane that Q owners have concerns about fouling plugs, valves and cats. Not sure about other boosters from a can - maybe research it or post it on the Q50 forum to get opinions. Most recommendations I see about increasing Octane involve use of Ethanol, which is safe if you keep the ratio relatively low. To run a high % Ethanol some fuel delivery modifications have to be made.
Reply With Quote
(#6152)
Old
JCB JCB is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 141
Join Date: Feb 2020
Car: 2018 Q50 3.0t
Default 10-06-2021, 06:02 AM

Map 5 is dialed in pretty well for a non RS Model. I have tried to replicate Map 5 with just a bit more boost into Map 6, but my car always seems to just run better on Map 5.

Your timing looks good on the pull. I am still learning about how to read the Trims data. Yours seems to be maxed out (Value of 44) for most of the pull. Your Air/Fuel (AFR) seems to be OK though, and even on the rich side, so don't think it is a concern. Would be good to get a comment from someone at BMS on the Trims and how to read them and spot concerns.

Regarding the Octane Boosters out of a can. I think you need to be careful I know Boostane has been discussed and it is known to foul plugs, and maybe valves and Cats. Not sure about other boosters out of a can, but you might want to research them further or post on the Q50 forum to get opinions.
Reply With Quote
(#6153)
Old
Alpha50's Avatar
Alpha50 Alpha50 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 16
Join Date: Aug 2021
Car: 2017 AWD Q50
Default 10-06-2021, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCB
Alpha50 - Timing looks good. I found that Map 5 to be dialed in well for a Non RS model. I have tried Map 6 targets that replicate it but just a bit higher boost, but it does not seem to run as well as the stock map 5.

One thing I am still trying to understand better is the Trims number. I believe yours are maxed out most of your pull - value of 44. I believe this means the car is delivering the most fuel it can. Your Air/Fuel Ratio (AFR) is still on the rich side so I think you are still OK, but might be helpful if someone on the Burger team can look at it and explain how we should read it.

One item about Octane booster products. I know of one called Booostane that Q owners have concerns about fouling plugs, valves and cats. Not sure about other boosters from a can - maybe research it or post it on the Q50 forum to get opinions. Most recommendations I see about increasing Octane involve use of Ethanol, which is safe if you keep the ratio relatively low. To run a high % Ethanol some fuel delivery modifications have to be made.
Iím not for sure but my fuel trims are most likely maxed out because Iím running E30, it was the only option I had to make good power living here in CA. It seems with this fuel set up it just loves boost. Iím just trying to get those few extra HPs, Iím not sure I fully understand map 6 anyway. Lol
Reply With Quote
(#6154)
Old
JCB JCB is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 141
Join Date: Feb 2020
Car: 2018 Q50 3.0t
Default 10-06-2021, 08:12 AM

Yep, no doubt the E content is upping your trims. Just want to make sure that you don't run out of fuel delivery capacity and run too lean on AFR. AFR still looked OK on the logs, but if you go more boost, it will need more fuel so just need to keep an eye on it I think.
Reply With Quote
(#6155)
Old
SilentQ SilentQ is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 34
Join Date: Feb 2021
Car: 2018 Q50S
Default 10-08-2021, 09:36 PM

Yeah i agree with jcb, and to also read previous pages like even possibly the last 10 and pickup the way that you should log. Like for example in that log you went WOT for like not even 4/5 seconds. I won’t retype it here cause between admins and me and jcb we have said it like 30 times. But for all new people the best way to learn for yourself is reading this forums a lot of the things we are all going to be giving you feedback on we read ourselves. Hope this didn’t come out weird (like a Dick), never my intentions love helping where I can love this platform and what they have offered to me.
Reply With Quote
(#6156)
Old
Alpha50's Avatar
Alpha50 Alpha50 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 16
Join Date: Aug 2021
Car: 2017 AWD Q50
Default 10-09-2021, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentQ
Yeah i agree with jcb, and to also read previous pages like even possibly the last 10 and pickup the way that you should log. Like for example in that log you went WOT for like not even 4/5 seconds. I wonít retype it here cause between admins and me and jcb we have said it like 30 times. But for all new people the best way to learn for yourself is reading this forums a lot of the things we are all going to be giving you feedback on we read ourselves. Hope this didnít come out weird (like a Dick), never my intentions love helping where I can love this platform and what they have offered to me.
Not sure if your reply is to me but 3rd gear from 2k to red line should only take you 4-5 secís or less, My pulls are done on a freeway on ramp and reach speeds of 86mph at red line. Thatís a few mphís faster then what Iíve seen in most the 3rd gear pulls posted. 4th gear in my opinion is not safe to log on a public road.
Reply With Quote
(#6157)
Old
alexSU's Avatar
alexSU alexSU is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 4
Join Date: Oct 2021
Car: Infiniti Q50
Default 10-11-2021, 09:17 AM

hey everyone. would you mind checking my map 1 log?

also what the easiest way to save and post logs from iphone?

2019 q50 silver sport
93 octane
no mods

waiting to install fuel lines
Attached Images
 
Attached Files
File Type: csv log 2 excel file.csv (22.9 KB, 11 views)
Reply With Quote
(#6158)
Old
Alpha50's Avatar
Alpha50 Alpha50 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 16
Join Date: Aug 2021
Car: 2017 AWD Q50
Default 10-12-2021, 02:06 PM

I have a good map 6 for E30 mix only, live in CA so E30 for the win. Both 8 and 9 psi. 9 being the limit. Will most likely take some mods to run efficiently. (Well with in the Stillen report) Will post after dyno pulls. FYI I am AWD, RWD will most likely have massive wheel spin. Lol ��

Last edited by Alpha50; 10-12-2021 at 02:14 PM..
Reply With Quote
(#6159)
Old
alexSU's Avatar
alexSU alexSU is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 4
Join Date: Oct 2021
Car: Infiniti Q50
Default 10-13-2021, 07:31 AM

JCB i know you already replied to this in the other thread but i wanted more visibility and see if anyone else has a comment about the log.

Terry or anyone else? any thoughts on this map 5 run?
Attached Files
File Type: csv log 2.csv (9.4 KB, 9 views)


2019 Q50 Silver Sport
JB4
Reply With Quote
(#6160)
Old
Alpha50's Avatar
Alpha50 Alpha50 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 16
Join Date: Aug 2021
Car: 2017 AWD Q50
Default 10-13-2021, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexSU
JCB i know you already replied to this in the other thread but i wanted more visibility and see if anyone else has a comment about the log.

Terry or anyone else? any thoughts on this map 5 run?
Looks good to me but clearly I donít work for BMS. Lol
Reply With Quote
(#6161)
Old
alexSU's Avatar
alexSU alexSU is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 4
Join Date: Oct 2021
Car: Infiniti Q50
Default 10-13-2021, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha50
Looks good to me but clearly I donít work for BMS. Lol
haha any and all feedback is appreciated. the trims look a little high so i just did a log on map 4.
Attached Images
 


2019 Q50 Silver Sport
JB4
Reply With Quote
(#6162)
Old
Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It!'s Avatar
Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It! Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It! is offline
Tuner
 
Posts: 20,513
Join Date: Oct 2012
Car: 135i
Default 10-13-2021, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexSU
haha any and all feedback is appreciated. the trims look a little high so i just did a log on map 4.
Get the fuel wires installed. Trims are maxed out and AFR's go lean at tip in but not affecting AFRs mid run and up top as those could stand to be a little leaner anyway. Otherwise the log looks normal.



Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
Reply With Quote
(#6163)
Old
alexSU's Avatar
alexSU alexSU is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 4
Join Date: Oct 2021
Car: Infiniti Q50
Default 10-13-2021, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It!
Get the fuel wires installed. Trims are maxed out and AFR's go lean at tip in but not affecting AFRs mid run and up top as those could stand to be a little leaner anyway. Otherwise the log looks normal.
thanks steve! once thats done i'll log another run.


2019 Q50 Silver Sport
JB4
Reply With Quote
(#6164)
Old
31Jeffe 31Jeffe is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 2
Join Date: Oct 2021
Car: 2019 INFINITI Q60 Luxe
Default New JB4 Owner - 10-16-2021, 06:48 PM

Please take a look and let me know if everything looks ok.

Just installed my JB4 and did a log of 4 pulls on Map 3 using 91 gas with a 16oz can of Royal Purple Maxx Octane to bump it to 93+. First pull I didn't shift... LOL I was more concerned with getting the log started. Next 3 I got a couple shifts each. Let me know if this is clean data and enough to determine if everything is ok.

FWIW- I love the performance already. Just want to make sure I won't break anything.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P50_M3_R4_211016_1741.csv (43.8 KB, 9 views)
Reply With Quote
(#6165)
Old
JCB JCB is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 141
Join Date: Feb 2020
Car: 2018 Q50 3.0t
Default Yesterday, 07:08 AM

Looks like the car is pulling timing. Fuel additive is not doing it for you. Can you get true 93 octane? If not, many have had success mixing in a bit of E85 to raise the octane. Generally the octane boost out of a bottle is frowned upon and looks like its not doing the job for you anyway. Many believe the additives can foul plugs and other components.
For now I would back down the boost to map 1 until you can clear that tank of gas and try again.
Reply With Quote
(#6166)
Old
31Jeffe 31Jeffe is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 2
Join Date: Oct 2021
Car: 2019 INFINITI Q60 Luxe
Default Today, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCB
Looks like the car is pulling timing. Fuel additive is not doing it for you. Can you get true 93 octane? If not, many have had success mixing in a bit of E85 to raise the octane. Generally the octane boost out of a bottle is frowned upon and looks like its not doing the job for you anyway. Many believe the additives can foul plugs and other components.
For now I would back down the boost to map 1 until you can clear that tank of gas and try again.
Thanks for that. Im in Vegas and we only have 91 or 100. I will blow through this tank and try again with some E25 mixture to get the octane bump. I'll post when I have a fresh tank. Thanks for the help.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 6 (0 members and 6 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Copyright © 2007 - 2020, N54tech.com