N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#576)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-30-2021, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tymwalk
Terry,

Any progress teasers for the forum to get excited about?

Thank you!
We're always working on stuff but nothing we want to share publicly at the moment.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#577)
Old

Car: 2021 Mazda3 Turbo AWD
Default 09-30-2021, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixPackABS
Too much fun driving the M3TH now. Has anybody else had a hardtime removing the MAP connector?
Yes, i broke the car harness tab off and yanked the wires out of the pins from the tuner side of the harness.... Still trying to figure out how im going to fix the tab, but i opened up the connector on the jb4 and soldered the wire to the pins, so hopefully I do not pull them out again.
(#578)
Old

Car: Mazda 3 Turbo Hatchback (M3TH)
Default 10-01-2021, 01:46 AM

Removing the MAP connector on the car left my right thumb numb for a day. It finally came off when I was about give up. I hope it won't be the same struggle taking when I need to put it back and re-install the JB4.
I tried the Torque app if it can connect with the JB4 Bluetooth but no bueno. 93@MAP2 is my current set-up

M3TH user
TransModel = A Mazda but identifies itself as a BMW

Last edited by SixPackABS; 10-01-2021 at 01:57 AM..
(#579)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-01-2021, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Removing the MAP connector on the car left my right thumb numb for a day. It finally came off when I was about give up. I hope it won't be the same struggle taking when I need to put it back and re-install the JB4.
I tried the Torque app if it can connect with the JB4 Bluetooth but no bueno. 93@MAP2 is my current set-up
Use a small screwdriver to lift the clip from the rear if needed, makes it super easy.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#580)
Old

Car: '21 Mazda 3 2.5T AWD
Default 10-03-2021, 09:30 AM

Any time frame on new harnesses for those of us with the hand cut MAF plug that doesn't stay seated? I'm hoping to clean up the install a bit. Thanks!
(#581)
Old

Default 10-03-2021, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGamb
Any time frame on new harnesses for those of us with the hand cut MAF plug that doesn't stay seated? I'm hoping to clean up the install a bit. Thanks!
+1
(#582)
Old

Default 10-03-2021, 09:55 AM

Won't we be having problem with the JB4 MAF connector with those cut notches? Like easily coming off?

M3TH user
(#583)
Old

Default 10-03-2021, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Won't we be having problem with the JB4 MAF connector with those cut notches? Like easily coming off?
Yes. Mine came off after hitting a few bumps. It was fully "seated", but does not clamp down and hold. I used a pair of zip ties to make a long zip tie, threaded it between the 3rd and 4th MAF wire, and snugged it down to the airbox snorkel outlet. It's fugly, but it's not going anywhere.
(#584)
Old

Default 10-03-2021, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Mine just came in last week and it still with the hand cut MAF. How do you even change those harness? No electrical skill here if it needs soldering.

M3TH user

Last edited by SixPackABS; 10-03-2021 at 02:37 PM..
(#585)
Old

Default 10-03-2021, 02:21 PM

So i got the bluetooth adapter, and my android is telling me that it is rejecting pairing. Anyone know of a solution?
(#586)
Old

Default 10-03-2021, 02:37 PM

@Havok
Download the JB4 Beta app. Scroll down on the download page and join the BETA group. Wait for the download app to turn to beta.

M3TH user
(#587)
Old

Default 10-03-2021, 02:46 PM

Nevermind... The app connects to the dongle, not the phone lol sorry, i should have done a very simple and fast google search before posting
(#588)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-03-2021, 06:16 PM

Quote:
No idea when the connectors will show up but we did order them a couple months ago.

Burger Motorsports

(#589)
Old

Default 10-03-2021, 06:18 PM

Finally got the jb4 back in, no CEL so far... Got the beta FW flashed. @terry, are you still looking for logs, or?
(#590)
Old

Default 10-03-2021, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
No idea when the connectors will show up but we did order them a couple months ago.
Thank you! I realize supply chains are more like supply amoebas right now. I ordered a set of Advan wheels with an ETA of 6 months
(#591)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-04-2021, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok
Finally got the jb4 back in, no CEL so far... Got the beta FW flashed. @terry, are you still looking for logs, or?
Sounds good! Sure thing if you need any tuning advice or just want me to check it post the CSV here or email it to terry@burgertuning.com.

Burger Motorsports

(#592)
Old

Default 10-04-2021, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Sounds good! Sure thing if you need any tuning advice or just want me to check it post the CSV here or email it to terry@burgertuning.com.
Sent
(#593)
Old

Car: Mazda CX9
Default 10-07-2021, 09:54 PM

Ok, guys. I’ve got several thousand miles on my CX-9 AWD now. I live in oklahoma and we pretty much only have 91 octane. The power improvements on 91 are not that impressive. However, I spend a fair amount of time in Texas and Louisiana where 93 is readily available. When running 93 it’s a whole different animal and very noticeable improvement over 91. It actually feels fast, especially at interstate speeds getting around Texas drivers and semis that hog up the left lane. Going from 70 to 100 is a breeze to zip around these left lane hogs and I almost never have to floor it to zip around them.

I have noticed that I never actually get 100% throttle, it’s always 85% +/-. I’ve tried with full auto mode, manual mode, manual+traction control off. Yet I can never get 100% throttle. Is this normal?

I’m going to schedule a Dyno session soon with 93, 91, and no tune. Once I’ve have results, I’ll post Dyno graphs.
(#594)
Old

Car: 2021 Mazda CX-5 Turbo Carbon Edition
Default 10-08-2021, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNance

I have noticed that I never actually get 100% throttle, it’s always 85% +/-. I’ve tried with full auto mode, manual mode, manual+traction control off. Yet I can never get 100% throttle. Is this normal?

I’m going to schedule a Dyno session soon with 93, 91, and no tune. Once I’ve have results, I’ll post Dyno graphs.
In regards to the throttle %, could you please attach a log to a post.

For the dyno part, I've already put my cx-5 on the Dyno with 93 octane and can tell you what no tune, map1 and map 2 do. It might be best to wait until the CX-5 and 9 have the MAF connection added to the harness before a Dyno session.

Once you post the log, it may just be the ECU determining that maximum load has been achieved and it is reducing throttle.

See this for modern ECU logic, Understanding Modern ECU Torque Control - Ford Ecoboost

Last edited by tymwalk; 10-08-2021 at 04:47 AM..
(#595)
Old

Car: 2020 Mazda 6 Signature
Default 10-08-2021, 05:23 AM

Quote:
In regards to the throttle %, could you please attach a log to a post.

For the dyno part, I've already put my cx-5 on the Dyno with 93 octane and can tell you what no tune, map1 and map 2 do. It might be best to wait until the CX-5 and 9 have the MAF connection added to the harness before a Dyno session.

Once you post the log, it may just be the ECU determining that maximum load has been achieved and it is reducing throttle.

See this for modern ECU logic, Understanding Modern ECU Torque Control - Ford Ecoboost
I actually have the same thing (mazda6) throttle never exceeds 85, I'm not sure if 85 is a percentage or just a number with different meaning.
(#596)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-08-2021, 10:03 AM

Probably just how we have the logging parameter mapped. Often will show 85% even though it's actually as far open as software will allow. I'll adjust the scaling next update so the maximum value reflects 100% as you'd expect.

Burger Motorsports

(#597)
Old

Default 10-08-2021, 06:11 PM

100% accel pedal position has never equated to throttle position. The butterfly valve in the throttle body isn't opening to a perfect zero to 90 degrees as prescribed by your right foot at "100%". It's a percentage calculation, and not an issue.
(#598)
Old

Default 10-10-2021, 05:27 AM

I did wax a Nissan 370z from a dig. Map 2 is no slouch. I look forward to ignition timing control so we can squeeze another ~40 wtq in spark advance with E30. These cars will attain sleeper status.
(#599)
Old

Car: 2021 Mazda CX-5 Turbo Carbon Edition
Default 10-10-2021, 08:14 AM

Quote:
I did wax a Nissan 370z from a dig. Map 2 is no slouch. I look forward to ignition timing control so we can squeeze another ~40 wtq in spark advance with E30. These cars will attain sleeper status.
I believe the JB4 hasn't intercepted the crank position sensor in a long time for the platforms supported.

I think the JB4 will need to be paired with a versatune or Mazdaedit flash for timing advance.

I ordered the rods of a torn down Mazda 2.5T. The rods look a little pathetic but I'll wait to make a conclusion after I take some measurements on them.
(#600)
Old

Default 10-10-2021, 01:23 PM

Quote:
I believe the JB4 hasn't intercepted the crank position sensor in a long time for the platforms supported.

I think the JB4 will need to be paired with a versatune or Mazdaedit flash for timing advance.

I ordered the rods of a torn down Mazda 2.5T. The rods look a little pathetic but I'll wait to make a conclusion after I take some measurements on them.
I would hope Mazda put some beefy forged rods in there for such a long stroke and low RPM max torque application.

The MZR rods (2.3L 9.5:1 CR) would handle about ~400wtq and were only made for 280 crank tq.