N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1026)
Old
George @ BMS's Avatar
George @ BMS George @ BMS is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,475
Join Date: Aug 2009
Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 05-12-2021, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstorbit
Thanks. Also, is it safe to run with JB4 unplugged from the OBD port only, without changing the map before unplugging?
Yes, on newer firmware versions from the past two years it just deactivates the JB4.


2014 VW Golf 7 R
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
2021 VW Golf 8 R
Reply With Quote
(#1027)
Old
Cougar95900 Cougar95900 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 2
Join Date: Sep 2019
Car: 19 Jetta GLI
Default vehicle change - 05-14-2021, 10:49 PM

Hey George, I currently have a JB4 on my 2019 MK7 GLI, but am trading it in for an 18 Audi A4. Do i need an entirely new JB4 or is there a way to change the firmware and i am guessing the Wiring connectors, to get my current unit to work? I see them as separate listings in the store..

Thx.

Edit: It is the 252hp quattro.
Reply With Quote
(#1028)
Old
George @ BMS's Avatar
George @ BMS George @ BMS is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,475
Join Date: Aug 2009
Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 05-15-2021, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar95900
Hey George, I currently have a JB4 on my 2019 MK7 GLI, but am trading it in for an 18 Audi A4. Do i need an entirely new JB4 or is there a way to change the firmware and i am guessing the Wiring connectors, to get my current unit to work? I see them as separate listings in the store..

Thx.

Edit: It is the 252hp quattro.
Hi,

You can move it straight over with no requirement to update the firmware or settings.


2014 VW Golf 7 R
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
2021 VW Golf 8 R
Reply With Quote
(#1029)
Old
WheelsRnecessary WheelsRnecessary is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 3
Join Date: May 2021
Car: 2019 VW Golf R
Default FUD? - 05-15-2021, 07:05 PM

I feel like a complete idiot here. I've searched for probably 2 hours now and can't find what I'm looking for. I have a CEL from my down pipe and went to clear it in user adjustment by entering value 90 in future use D. However, I can't find future use D at all on the UI. Where I believe it should be, below future use A on user adjustment, is "options" and when I click that it just has a pop up with 7 blank values and yes/no buttons. Can anyone tell me where FUD is?
Reply With Quote
(#1030)
Old
George @ BMS's Avatar
George @ BMS George @ BMS is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,475
Join Date: Aug 2009
Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 05-17-2021, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelsRnecessary
I feel like a complete idiot here. I've searched for probably 2 hours now and can't find what I'm looking for. I have a CEL from my down pipe and went to clear it in user adjustment by entering value 90 in future use D. However, I can't find future use D at all on the UI. Where I believe it should be, below future use A on user adjustment, is "options" and when I click that it just has a pop up with 7 blank values and yes/no buttons. Can anyone tell me where FUD is?
If you in the US this is something that is blocked for legal reasons.


2014 VW Golf 7 R
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
2021 VW Golf 8 R
Reply With Quote
(#1031)
Old
ClixT ClixT is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 19
Join Date: Jul 2020
Car: B9 Audi A4 S-Line
Default 06-04-2021, 09:34 AM

So I have a dumb question George. I'm thinking of selling my A4 for the S5... Can I reuse this JB4 and just flash the S5 tuned maps to the JB4 I currently have, or is the S5 JB4 physically different (connectors, chips, etc) than the one I have for the A4?
Reply With Quote
(#1032)
Old
George @ BMS's Avatar
George @ BMS George @ BMS is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,475
Join Date: Aug 2009
Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 06-05-2021, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClixT
So I have a dumb question George. I'm thinking of selling my A4 for the S5... Can I reuse this JB4 and just flash the S5 tuned maps to the JB4 I currently have, or is the S5 JB4 physically different (connectors, chips, etc) than the one I have for the A4?
Unfortunately it cannot be moved over. You will need the Group 7 if its a B9 S5.
The data cable or bluetooth module can be carried over.


2014 VW Golf 7 R
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
2021 VW Golf 8 R
Reply With Quote
(#1033)
Old
ClixT ClixT is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 19
Join Date: Jul 2020
Car: B9 Audi A4 S-Line
Default 06-06-2021, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George @ BMS
Unfortunately it cannot be moved over. You will need the Group 7 if its a B9 S5.
The data cable or bluetooth module can be carried over.
Yeah I figured but thought I'd ask anyways. Thanks George.
Reply With Quote
(#1034)
Old
nanogrey_s3 nanogrey_s3 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 2
Join Date: Jun 2021
Car: audi s3 2019
Default 06-07-2021, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George @ BMS
Those are the ones. It is a global setting. From the log I can see it is 18 for first and 20 for second gear.
to see the settings you need to be connected to the JB4.
Hi george i want to improve my time of 60ft and 1/4 mile, my car is a audi s3 2019 with DP, drop in air filter, turbo inlet pipe, turbo muffler delete, i'm on map 6 and i did the same times that i did with map 4
Reply With Quote
(#1035)
Old
George @ BMS's Avatar
George @ BMS George @ BMS is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,475
Join Date: Aug 2009
Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 06-07-2021, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanogrey_s3
Hi george i want to improve my time of 60ft and 1/4 mile, my car is a audi s3 2019 with DP, drop in air filter, turbo inlet pipe, turbo muffler delete, i'm on map 6 and i did the same times that i did with map 4
See email I just sent re boost cut 1st.


2014 VW Golf 7 R
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
2021 VW Golf 8 R
Reply With Quote
(#1036)
Old
nanogrey_s3 nanogrey_s3 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 2
Join Date: Jun 2021
Car: audi s3 2019
Default 06-09-2021, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George @ BMS
See email I just sent re boost cut 1st.
already sent you a email, with new runs and log, check it, thank you
Reply With Quote
(#1037)
Old
TimCupra TimCupra is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 8
Join Date: Aug 2020
Car: MY20 Cupra 290 GPF
Default 06-14-2021, 10:07 AM

Hi George,

You did a custom Map6 for me on my GPF 2020(70) Seat Leon Cupra last September, many thanks for this.

I am now thinking of getting a GPF delete fitted to the car - my question is this, to get the light turned off will this require mapping ? the car has it's first oil service in September - I plan on removing the JB4 before this going in and putting back on after, but will the VW service system flag the car as being tuned / mapped and thus void warranty if I get the GPF light turned off?

Also, is another custom map6 possible for further tuning if I get the GPF removed as I know the car is basically stage 2 territory at that point?

Thanks
Tim
Reply With Quote
(#1038)
Old
George @ BMS's Avatar
George @ BMS George @ BMS is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,475
Join Date: Aug 2009
Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 06-14-2021, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimCupra
Hi George,

You did a custom Map6 for me on my GPF 2020(70) Seat Leon Cupra last September, many thanks for this.

I am now thinking of getting a GPF delete fitted to the car - my question is this, to get the light turned off will this require mapping ? the car has it's first oil service in September - I plan on removing the JB4 before this going in and putting back on after, but will the VW service system flag the car as being tuned / mapped and thus void warranty if I get the GPF light turned off?

Also, is another custom map6 possible for further tuning if I get the GPF removed as I know the car is basically stage 2 territory at that point?

Thanks
Tim
Hi Tim,

With the GPF fault codes will be stored. We can set the autoclear to on and keep deleting them automatically. In terms of what it stores its unknown though but we have no reports in this matter.
I guess if you do go in with mods on the GPF though you at risk.


2014 VW Golf 7 R
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
2021 VW Golf 8 R
Reply With Quote
(#1039)
Old
firstorbit firstorbit is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 6
Join Date: Apr 2021
Car: 14 VW Jetta 1.8t, 07 335i
Default 06-21-2021, 07:39 AM

I've got a 1.8T with DP, colder plugs, RS3 coils. Is map 3 safe to run? Can I safely run E30 with map 3? Is there any performance benefit to running E30? Is Map 4 safe without DSG? Also just wanted to clarify that Map 3 is 6psi over stock, and not absolute?
Reply With Quote
(#1040)
Old
George @ BMS's Avatar
George @ BMS George @ BMS is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,475
Join Date: Aug 2009
Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 06-21-2021, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstorbit
I've got a 1.8T with DP, colder plugs, RS3 coils. Is map 3 safe to run? Can I safely run E30 with map 3? Is there any performance benefit to running E30? Is Map 4 safe without DSG? Also just wanted to clarify that Map 3 is 6psi over stock, and not absolute?
You can run map 3 on 93 or higher. Also with E30.
Map 4 will produce a better result than map 3 on your car and its good to run on 93 or E30 regardless of transmission.
The 6psi is over stock.


2014 VW Golf 7 R
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
2021 VW Golf 8 R
Reply With Quote
(#1041)
Old
PaulyD88 PaulyD88 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 12
Join Date: Jan 2019
Car: 2018 vw passat
Default 06-22-2021, 05:05 PM

Hey George, I have a mk7 gli dsg with intake, turbo inlet pipe, cts front mount, and a 3" ******* dp. Currently running on map 3. Any recommended settings to get more power out of it? Or a custom map you can send me? Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote
(#1042)
Old
George @ BMS's Avatar
George @ BMS George @ BMS is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,475
Join Date: Aug 2009
Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 06-23-2021, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulyD88
Hey George, I have a mk7 gli dsg with intake, turbo inlet pipe, cts front mount, and a 3" ******* dp. Currently running on map 3. Any recommended settings to get more power out of it? Or a custom map you can send me? Thanks in advance
On 93 this is the map 6 boost chart that works best.

1500 14
2000 16
2500 17
3000 17
3500 17
4000 17
4500 17
5000 16
5500 15
6000 15
6500 15
7000 15


2014 VW Golf 7 R
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
2021 VW Golf 8 R
Reply With Quote
(#1043)
Old
PaulyD88 PaulyD88 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 12
Join Date: Jan 2019
Car: 2018 vw passat
Default 06-24-2021, 03:58 AM

Thanks George!!
Reply With Quote
(#1044)
Old
icombs17 icombs17 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 2
Join Date: May 2018
Car: Q60
Default 07-04-2021, 07:59 AM

Hey so I was thinking about picking up a hybrid turbo, specifically the LM430 IS20 Upgrade Turbo for my b9 Q5. Can the jb1/jb4 support a hybrid turbo?
Reply With Quote
(#1045)
Old
Glintoz Glintoz is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 4
Join Date: Jun 2021
Car: Audi S3
Default Map 3 / 4 for hot weather - 07-05-2021, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George @ BMS
For a 6 speed map 3 is good on 98ron. If it goes past 35C switch to map 4 for good measure.
George, old post of yours I found but have a question on the temp you mention. I am presuming you mean ambient temp and not intake, correct?

Also, with the 7 speed DSG, is it OK to run Map 3 when ambient temps are <30C or should I just stick to Map 4 no matter what the temps are?

Thanks
Reply With Quote
(#1046)
Old
George @ BMS's Avatar
George @ BMS George @ BMS is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,475
Join Date: Aug 2009
Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 07-05-2021, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glintoz
George, old post of yours I found but have a question on the temp you mention. I am presuming you mean ambient temp and not intake, correct?

Also, with the 7 speed DSG, is it OK to run Map 3 when ambient temps are <30C or should I just stick to Map 4 no matter what the temps are?

Thanks
If you dont use launch control map 3 is fine to run.

Yes, I mean ambients.


2014 VW Golf 7 R
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
2021 VW Golf 8 R
Reply With Quote
(#1047)
Old
George @ BMS's Avatar
George @ BMS George @ BMS is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,475
Join Date: Aug 2009
Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 07-05-2021, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icombs17
Hey so I was thinking about picking up a hybrid turbo, specifically the LM430 IS20 Upgrade Turbo for my b9 Q5. Can the jb1/jb4 support a hybrid turbo?
Hi,

We can tune or it on the Q5 but wont get close to the turbos capability. 350hp is more realistic due to fueling limitations when using the JB4.


2014 VW Golf 7 R
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
2021 VW Golf 8 R
Reply With Quote
(#1048)
Old
Glintoz Glintoz is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 4
Join Date: Jun 2021
Car: Audi S3
Default 07-05-2021, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George @ BMS
If you dont use launch control map 3 is fine to run.

Yes, I mean ambients.
Thanks George.
Reply With Quote
(#1049)
Old
santiagoafull santiagoafull is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 14
Join Date: Aug 2021
Car: Audi s3
Default 09-04-2021, 09:48 PM

Hi George! Great post!!
I have S3 2016 8V with:
-K&N Panel (snow protection retired)
-cold plugs RS7 gapped .24 (need re gapped 0.25??)
-Inlet pipe/hose
-Turbo Mufler delete
-DP+MP (NOT INSTALLED YET)
I usually use map 1 or 2, never use map 3. Can i use map 3 WITHOUT the dowpipe and midpipe installed? Are there any heat risks in the IS38 from being with the catalyst still? I already bought the DP+MP, I just haven't installed it ... when I install it, it will surely turn on the CHECK ENGINE, right? Does the JB4 have any routine or automatic programming to shut down CHECK ENGINE light?
And the last one: if I put the DP + MD, would it be good to make a custom map 6 instead of just map 3?
Thank you very much in advance. (sorry for my english, im live in argetina)

S.V.

Last edited by santiagoafull; 09-05-2021 at 06:34 AM..
Reply With Quote
(#1050)
Old
George @ BMS's Avatar
George @ BMS George @ BMS is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,475
Join Date: Aug 2009
Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 09-05-2021, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by santiagoafull
Hi George! Great post!!
I have S3 2016 8V with:
-K&N Panel (snow protection retired)
-cold plugs RS7 gapped .24 (need re gapped 0.25??)
-Inlet pipe/hose
-Turbo Mufler delete
-DP+MP (NOT INSTALLED YET)
I usually use map 1 or 2, never use map 3. Can i use map 3 WITHOUT the dowpipe and midpipe installed? Are there any heat risks in the IS38 from being with the catalyst still? I already bought the DP+MP, I just haven't installed it ... when I install it, it will surely turn on the CHECK ENGINE, right? Does the JB4 have any routine or automatic programming to shut down CHECK ENGINE light?
And the last one: if I put the DP + MD, would it be good to make a custom map 6 instead of just map 3?
Thank you very much in advance. (sorry for my english, im live in argetina)

S.V.
It will run fine with those mods in map 3. It has a bit less torque than map 2 but more peak power from 5000rpm and higher.


2014 VW Golf 7 R
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
2021 VW Golf 8 R
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (0 members and 3 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Copyright 2007 - 2020, N54tech.com