N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1076)
Old

Car: 2015 A3 2.0
Smile UPDATE - 10-15-2021, 08:23 PM

Switched from map 5 to map 2 and now I’m probably going to need a motor ����
Ran great missfired and died took plugs out saw the tip to one was broke off changed plugs and now my whole top end is knocking badly 49k miles on the car
Trying to find a stock down pipe and send it to Audi to hopefully get warranty work done … PRAY FOR ME GUYS THIS SUCKS!!!!

Last edited by 1maudiz; 10-15-2021 at 08:23 PM.. Reason: Silly
(#1077)
Old

Car: Audi s3
Default 10-16-2021, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1maudiz
Switched from map 5 to map 2 and now Iím probably going to need a motor ����
Ran great missfired and died took plugs out saw the tip to one was broke off changed plugs and now my whole top end is knocking badly 49k miles on the car
Trying to find a stock down pipe and send it to Audi to hopefully get warranty work done Ö PRAY FOR ME GUYS THIS SUCKS!!!!
Car? S3? year?
(#1078)
Old
Legend

Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 10-16-2021, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Switched from map 5 to map 2 and now I’m probably going to need a motor ����
Trying to find a stock down pipe and send it to Audi to hopefully get warranty work done … PRAY FOR ME GUYS THIS SUCKS!!!!
Some misfire codes require them to be cleared a few times. You can try disconnect the battery for a while.
If you taking it in dont clear the codes.'
Where the plugs stock? We have never seen tips come off on stock plugs. They can burn the tip away after long use but dont fail.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
2021 VW Golf 8 R
(#1079)
Old

Cool Update - 10-17-2021, 01:02 PM

Car is a 2015 A3 With the 2.0 and yeah stock plugs Iíve personally never seen a tip come off a plug too! Cleared the codes no more codes for the missfire,
I can upload a YouTube vid if you want to see the sound itís making
it itís kinda crazy for only 49k
Question for you guys when I take this car to Audi for warranty work should I keep the new plugs I put in and keep quiet that a plug failed?
Say ďcar was missing so I tryed new plugs and noticed that it was making a sound tooĒ? (Having the girlfriend take the car in)
My biggest struggle right now is finding a used stock DP
Right now the car had a ******* down pipe and I would think that Audi would flag the work and not cover the issue if they see the ***************
(#1080)
Old
Legend

Default 10-17-2021, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Car is a 2015 A3 With the 2.0 and yeah stock plugs Iíve personally never seen a tip come off a plug too! Cleared the codes no more codes for the missfire,
I can upload a YouTube vid if you want to see the sound itís making
it itís kinda crazy for only 49k
Question for you guys when I take this car to Audi for warranty work should I keep the new plugs I put in and keep quiet that a plug failed?
Say ďcar was missing so I tryed new plugs and noticed that it was making a sound tooĒ? (Having the girlfriend take the car in)
My biggest struggle right now is finding a used stock DP
Right now the car had a ******* down pipe and I would think that Audi would flag the work and not cover the issue if they see the ***************
Note sure about the plugs. DP would be a issue.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2021 VW Golf 8 R
(#1081)
Old

Icon1 Thanks - 10-18-2021, 10:40 AM

Yeah thatís what I figured thanks hopefully I can get this fixed soon till then
(#1082)
Old

Car: 2021 Mk4 Skoda Octavia RS 245HP
Default 11-24-2021, 02:34 PM

Hi George, do you support the new 2021 Mk4 Skoda Octavia RS Australian spec? It’s got the EA888.3 with IS20 not the garret turbo. I’m picking it up tomorrow.
(#1083)
Old
Legend

Default 11-24-2021, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hally83
Hi George, do you support the new 2021 Mk4 Skoda Octavia RS Australian spec? Itís got the EA888.3 with IS20 not the garret turbo. Iím picking it up tomorrow.
Hi,

The Group 2 unit will work on it. Will be best to email some logs to me once its up and running.
We missing a few OBD parameters on it that will will add on a future firmware update that will be specific to those motors. We have done a few MK8 GTI's already that have the same new/old motors in them. It seems South Africa also got the same spec with the IS20 and I managed to get one in and test on it.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2021 VW Golf 8 R
(#1084)
Old

Car: Audi s3
Default 11-25-2021, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George @ BMS
Hi,

The Group 2 unit will work on it. Will be best to email some logs to me once its up and running.
We missing a few OBD parameters on it that will will add on a future firmware update that will be specific to those motors. We have done a few MK8 GTI's already that have the same new/old motors in them. It seems South Africa also got the same spec with the IS20 and I managed to get one in and test on it.
Excellent George!
What would be the updated list of cars that support the JB4 gen3 "B"? Thanks in advance!
(#1085)
Old
Legend

Default 11-25-2021, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by santiagoafull
Excellent George!
What would be the updated list of cars that support the JB4 gen3 "B"? Thanks in advance!
We might confuse things by calling it a 3B as that is already a different motor that is fitted in the 140kw models.

We going to sell the Group 2 for the Australian and South African market as is from the site and then down the line create a market specific firmware for them so all the OBD channels will work. They seem to be the same as the MK8 R Euro spec so once we have solved those it will be easy to test as I am in South Africa and have access to the cars.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2021 VW Golf 8 R