N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#11376)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 01-07-2019, 01:10 PM

Hi guys a new user and new to the JB4

I picked up 135i with JB4 installed along with charge pipe, tial and ***** ***** and FMIC all installed about 2 months prior to me owning it.

Question is can i run map O with no ill effects currently on 1) and also what is a good map to run and settings for to choose. I do not have a data cable for logging yet but will have one in a day.
(#11377)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 01-07-2019, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smi2710
Hi guys a new user and new to the JB4

I picked up 135i with JB4 installed along with charge pipe, tial and ***** ***** and FMIC all installed about 2 months prior to me owning it.

Question is can i run map O with no ill effects currently on 1) and also what is a good map to run and settings for to choose. I do not have a data cable for logging yet but will have one in a day.
No issues at all. Leave it on map 0 and get a log when your data cable arrives. Post your own thread in the support section for one of us to look it over.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#11378)
Old

Car: '07 335i
Default 01-08-2019, 11:24 AM

Terry, I would recommend putting the release date in the title of the link to the JB4 Firmware!

ie: 11/11/2018: G5_ISO_32_12 Click Here for Firmware -->G5_ISO_32_12_T10.hex
(#11379)
Old

Car: 2007 335i E-92 6AT
Default 01-15-2019, 01:26 PM

Any chance we get a firmware update to fix JB4 menu selection for the guys running the N54 Exclusive gages? I used Menu 5 Option 7 to set it for the M cluster cal. Works perfect for the MPH menu since both are 200mph gauges. But it's off on the RPM menu since the M cluster goes to 9k but N54 Exclusive is 8k.

2007 AW 335i E-92 6AT MMP Stage 3 @ 25psi / JB4 G5 ISO / XHP STG3 / VRSF D-Ps / MMP INLETS&OUTLETS / WEDGE MHD E50 BACKEND / CW EXHAUST / CPe CP / GReddy RS BOV / BMS METH KIT / WAGNER IC / PR STAGE3 LPFP 10.92 @ 132 1.72 60ft 6.96 @ 103 1.55 60ft
(#11380)
Old

Car: 2009 335i
Default 01-21-2019, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blink_977
I know that JB4 G4 board is obsolete, but I have it and want to use it on my car, but I faced problem: JB is connected, engine starts, no cell's. Tacho needle sometimes shows 400 rpm on idle, sometimes it will even drop down to 0, sometimes it works and shows 600 rpm's. when I'm entering menu and want to switch first map, tacho needle goes to 1500 rpm mark instead of going 1000rpm mark, at map 2 it goes 2500 and so on. When sweeping on start needles even trying to go to next circle. will reflashing the firmware solve this problem? if yes, where can I find older firmwares for G4 board?
thanks
I just swapped out my old G4 board for a new G5. I never had any of those issues. Sounds like you may have a bad board or potential wiring problem providing there are no other car problems and it runs fine without it.
(#11381)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-21-2019, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazRedGT
Any chance we get a firmware update to fix JB4 menu selection for the guys running the N54 Exclusive gages? I used Menu 5 Option 7 to set it for the M cluster cal. Works perfect for the MPH menu since both are 200mph gauges. But it's off on the RPM menu since the M cluster goes to 9k but N54 Exclusive is 8k.
Yes already done, email me for it if you need.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#11382)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-27-2019, 11:22 AM

For those running the new N54 Exclusive gauges, we've added the required programming to the JB4 under menu 5/7, in v32.13 firmware. Just email me for it if you need it as we're not ready to post it yet. The update may break those running the E90 M3 retrofit cluster so if there are any of you guys out there drop me a note too so we can figure out a way to keep both active.

Burger Motorsports

(#11383)
Old

Car: BMW 335I / VW 2.0T
Default 01-27-2019, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
For those running the new N54 Exclusive gauges, we've added the required programming to the JB4 under menu 5/7, in v32.13 firmware. Just email me for it if you need it as we're not ready to post it yet. The update may break those running the E90 M3 retrofit cluster so if there are any of you guys out there drop me a note too so we can figure out a way to keep both active.
Years ago you emailed me file that works perfectly with m3 cluster retrofit. I think I still have it. Do you need it?
(#11384)
Old
Legend

Car: BMW E90 335XI
Default 01-27-2019, 03:15 PM

Mailed you Terry , could you please have a check your inbox

Bmw E90 2007 AT 335xi MSD80,Jb4 G5 ISO,
Full Bolt Ons, Ps2 turbos, TFT inlet system,xHP Stage 3

Do more with less !
(#11385)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-27-2019, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwetish
Years ago you emailed me file that works perfectly with m3 cluster retrofit. I think I still have it. Do you need it?
Yes the logic is still in there. I guess since we still have people running both options I'll figure out a way to keep both active in the firmware.

Burger Motorsports

(#11386)
Old

Car: 335i bmw e90
Default JB4 map7 MHD Backend Flash? - 01-29-2019, 10:39 AM

Hey guys, 07 335i Running map7 jb4 MHD backend flash e85 flash on E60/E50... Question: I might be selling my car? And I want to switch back to Map5 so New Owner can run E30 or less E85 or just straight 93 Octane... CAN I SWITCH BACK TO MAP-5 without changing my MHD Backend Flash E85 Tune... Do I have to change MHD back to PUMP Tune?!? Thanks!!!

Last edited by Vargas Stage1; 01-29-2019 at 10:47 AM..
(#11387)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 01-29-2019, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargas Stage1
Hey guys, 07 335i Running map7 jb4 MHD backend flash e85 flash on E60/E50... Question: I might be selling my car? And I want to switch back to Map5 so New Owner can run E30 or less E85 or just straight 93 Octane... CAN I SWITCH BACK TO MAP-5 without changing my MHD Backend Flash E85 Tune... Do I have to change MHD back to PUMP Tune?!? Thanks!!!
Change back to pump flash.

Burger Motorsports

(#11388)
Old

Car: 335i bmw e90
Default 01-30-2019, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Change back to pump flash.
(#11389)
Old

Car: 2009 e93 335i
Default 02-02-2019, 06:13 PM

Hey guys! I just got the jb4 and installed everything. I truly believed I did everything.right. I had battery off during installation and all that. Anyways when I went to turn on car after plugging everything in the jb4 worked fine! I was able to go thru the different options and then as soon as I went into drive and drove for less than a minute my CEL came on and my temperature yellow came on. Then right after temperature red came on and my car went into limp mode. Pulled into my garage and my coolant over flowed... I have no idea what this issue is. I never had this issue til I installed the jb4 today. Last month I got a new hpfp and new spark plugs /coils.
Did I put a setting wrong in the menu??!
(#11390)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 02-21-2019, 02:31 AM

Question for the JB4 phone app: If I change one the gauges to E-85 I usually get a number between 75-90. What exactly does this number mean?
(#11391)
Old

Car: Bmw e92 335i
Default 02-21-2019, 02:47 AM

If you have the flex fuel sensor installed then its your % ethanol content...if not then this is the "virtual" sensor based on an algorithm. If its the virtual sensor you will need to know what % of ethanol you are actually running, then in the JB4 there is a field you can adjust so the virtual sensor reads the same.

The virtual sensor calculates ethanol, when the engine is at temp and stationary.

For example: say you are running 5 gallons of E85 and 5 gallons of regular. Assuming your regular contains no ethanol and your E85 is actually 85% ethanol you will be running E42.5. All you have to do is adjust the setting on the JB4 so that the virtual sensor reads the same. Look for the "virtual sensor offset"

VTT Stage 2+ turbos, BMS JB4, EOS PI with BMS controller, RB Inlets and Outlets, VRSF CP and Intercooler. Tial bov, miltek exhaust. Tuned by Trebila. Bimmer Life coils, step 2 colder plugs, Full M3 rear end conversion.
11.04@129.55

Last edited by Russjonesr; 02-21-2019 at 09:23 AM..
(#11392)
Old

Car: BMW 335i Sedan
Default Trim 2 not showing - 03-06-2019, 01:57 AM

Hello guys. Any idee how to enable trim 2 to appear in logs? Using latest firmware and interface.

2007 E90 335i.
JB4 G4.
FBO+METH.
(#11393)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 03-06-2019, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piele_bps
Hello guys. Any idee how to enable trim 2 to appear in logs? Using latest firmware and interface.
Got a log so we can check it out?

Burger Motorsports

(#11394)
Old

Car: BMW 335i Sedan
Default 03-06-2019, 11:39 AM

Sure, here it is, sir.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019_03_05 08-58-46.csv (19.4 KB, 79 views)

2007 E90 335i.
JB4 G4.
FBO+METH.
(#11395)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-07-2019, 04:30 PM

Hey guys, working on an update to how we datalog transmission temperature to avoid possible flashing conflicts when using xHP transmission software. Could use a couple cars to help test it though! If you have time drop me an email at terry@burgertuning.com. Thanks!

Burger Motorsports

(#11396)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 E93
Default 03-07-2019, 04:36 PM

What conflicts ? I run xHP and have zero issues flashing BEF via MHD. I dont even set to map 0, it does it on its own.
(#11397)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-07-2019, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE BEAST
What conflicts ? I run xHP and have zero issues flashing BEF via MHD. I dont even set to map 0, it does it on its own.
I know, never had an issue here either. But some guys insist the JB4 is conflicting somehow with their trans flash loading. I had one customer who had to remove the JB4 to flash it. After investigating I adjusted the firmware not to scan the transmission diagnostic and same person claimed it could then be flashed properly with the JB4 on map0. I can't explain why it works for some and not for all, but the new logic is better anyway. We're reading trans temp off the ECU rather than the trans.

Burger Motorsports

(#11398)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 E93
Default 03-08-2019, 01:52 PM

Quote:
I know, never had an issue here either. But some guys insist the JB4 is conflicting somehow with their trans flash loading. I had one customer who had to remove the JB4 to flash it. After investigating I adjusted the firmware not to scan the transmission diagnostic and same person claimed it could then be flashed properly with the JB4 on map0. I can't explain why it works for some and not for all, but the new logic is better anyway. We're reading trans temp off the ECU rather than the trans.
Yeah, Ive heard of that but have not encountered it. Flashed xHp a few times until I was happy with stage 3 (have had it since xHP was first released), never had an issue flashing. Sorry couldnt be of help then.
(#11399)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-09-2019, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE BEAST
Yeah, Ive heard of that but have not encountered it. Flashed xHp a few times until I was happy with stage 3 (have had it since xHP was first released), never had an issue flashing. Sorry couldnt be of help then.
We can have you test the new firmware anyway to ensure your trans logging is working properly with it.

Burger Motorsports

(#11400)
Old
Legend

Car: 335i E92 2009
Default 03-09-2019, 02:34 PM

Quote:
We can have you test the new firmware anyway to ensure your trans logging is working properly with it.
Also on xhp stage 3, done it few times switching between stages and never had an issue with my JB4.

I will drop you email to log for the new firmware of that helps.

09 E92 335i - Hot-Climate Middle East package, M Sports suspension, 19" Rims, 6AT fully built internals, bushings, raybestos clutches and sonnax with xHP stage 3, Differential lockdown, New RB Turbo CHRA, JB4 - Map 3 70 adder with N20 TMAP - MHD BMS Race Flash with Tuned Duty Bais and PID - BMS Oil Cooler Valve - RB PCV - K&N DCI - AFE Air Scoops - 98 Super Fuel - WAGNER FMIC - 3" down's, RB Inlets- BMS charge pipe With Tial BOV - BMS Meth Kit with FSB, 30/70 Water/Meth on CM12 nozzle