N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#126)
Old

Car: 2008 335i
Default 08-30-2015, 02:51 PM

Hi Terry,

I was finally able to install my charge pipe today but now I am getting 30ff code when trying to go WOT. From the sound I can definitely tell it's a boost leak and was hoping you had some feedback that could help remedy the situation. I don't want to over tighten the clamps as some of the parts are plastic and pretty brittle (i am sure you are aware of that). I noticed that when I installed the charge pipe to the throttle body the metal clip snapped into place but I still see a gap of about 3mm from throttle body to charge pipe. Could this be where I am getting my boost leak?? Tried to push this in as far as I could but it wouldn't budge. Also, one of the MAP sensor screws didn't want to go all the way down either so I had to use a washer to keep it snug. Could this also be a possible leak spot??

Any advice would be appreciated.

-Donny K
(#127)
Old

Default 08-30-2015, 04:21 PM

I just realized I didn't transfer the O-ring from the old charge pipe to the new one. Could that be the culprit for the leak??
(#128)
Old

Car: 2008 335xi jb+ VSRF ******* DP DCI cabin filter delete
Default 08-30-2015, 04:38 PM

After cleaning up the welds and widening the TB opening mine is perfect!

2014 M5 1 of 577 6spd awaiting MORE BOOST
07 Cayman 5sp
08 Cayman S 6spd
02 996 TT 6spd more boossttt
04 Gallardo gated 6spd
(#129)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-30-2015, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnyK
I just realized I didn't transfer the O-ring from the old charge pipe to the new one. Could that be the culprit for the leak??
That's going to leave a pretty big leak. Need the ORING!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#130)
Old

Default 08-30-2015, 05:57 PM

Hi Terry,

Yeah...that makes sense. The oil residue in the old charge pipe covered the o-ring so I assumed it didn't have one. I will add the o-ring and re-test the car this weekend coming up and will write a detailed review. Thanks for the quick reply.

-Donny K
(#131)
Old

Car: 2008 E88 135i Convertiblev
Default 09-03-2015, 11:54 AM

Got the chance to install mine last weekend and had a few observations.

Good Things:
-Black powder coating is really nice
-The welds appeared well done
-No burrs on any areas
-Silicone hoses and clamps appear to be high quality

Needs Improvement:
- The TMAP hole was too small. I had to use a dremel and enlarge the hole in order to get the TMAP sensor to fit. Measured 12.55 mm and the stock hole is closer to 12.75 mm.
- Struggled quite a while to get the main coupler on the intake manifold. Ended up dismounting the power steering reservoir so as to move one of the hoses away. Even with that it had to be in just the right position. I was able to move the reservoir back in place after securing the charge pipe to the intake manifold. Seems OK once in place. Good thing it is a hard powdercoat or it would have been scratched up much worse when I struggled to seat it.

Overall I am very happy with it. See pictures below.

Lake Wylie, SC
2008 BMW 135i E88 Convertible
Blue/Black
Koni STR.T suspension, M3 Front suspension arms
JB4 Map 7, E85 Backend flash, Fuelit stage 2 fuel pump, Mechtech Intercooler, Raceland ***, NGK Sparkplugs, BMS DCi, Alpina Trans flash, BMS silicon inlets, BMS charge pipe.
(#132)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 09-03-2015, 12:11 PM

I have a question about the meth bungs.... has anyone noticed that the meth nozzle is way too recessed in the CP? This has to cause atomization problems, anyone examine or modify the CP to fix this issue.

M-Sport 135i - N54 - FBO - E60 - Mfactory LSD - MHD - JB4 - SPX Tuned
(#133)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-03-2015, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spxxx
I have a question about the meth bungs.... has anyone noticed that the meth nozzle is way too recessed in the CP? This has to cause atomization problems, anyone examine or modify the CP to fix this issue.
I'd personally grind them down for CM nozzles. Chinese guys are pretty tone-def when it comes to asking for fine details I've found. If we went forward with a production run of these we'd get that resolved. And good notes on the TMAP hole. I did a test fit here and it was fine but I did not test each one obviously. Maybe some variance unit to unit.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#134)
Old

Car: 135i 08
Default 09-12-2015, 12:01 AM

I'm interested in one of these chargepipe, any other updates?
(#135)
Old

Car: 2012 z4
Default 09-12-2015, 07:23 AM

OK - this will NOT work on my z4 (2012). My CP has the fittings at almost 160 degrees apart, and the complete angle of the pipe is wrong. Here's a pic of someone elses so show you what I'm looking at:

z4 charge pipe

and from ER:

http://www.evolutionracewerks.com/node/231

So - looks like I have one of these for sale. In Dallas (Plano) if someone is local...
(#136)
Old

Car: 2008 535i
Default 09-12-2015, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurcher99
OK - this will NOT work on my z4 (2012). My CP has the fittings at almost 160 degrees apart, and the complete angle of the pipe is wrong. Here's a pic of someone elses so show you what I'm looking at:

z4 charge pipe

and from ER:

http://www.evolutionracewerks.com/node/231

So - looks like I have one of these for sale. In Dallas (Plano) if someone is local...
I'm in Fort Worth, but I don't think this will fit my 5 series. It looks like the one I just put on my 1 series but the diverter valves are on different places. Can anyone confirm?
(#137)
Old

Default 09-12-2015, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yournamehere90
I'm in Fort Worth, but I don't think this will fit my 5 series. It looks like the one I just put on my 1 series but the diverter valves are on different places. Can anyone confirm?
Unfortunately these will not fit a 5 series either, in case anyone else was considering one. This holds true for most charge ***** designed for diverter valves.
Attached Images

(#138)
Old

Car: 2012 z4
Default 09-14-2015, 10:57 AM

Anyone want mine PM me. $129 + shipping, just looking to break even
(#139)
Old

Car: 07 335i 6MT
Default 09-16-2015, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurcher99
Anyone want mine PM me. $129 + shipping, just looking to break even
I am in Fort Worth, and will gladly take it off your hands.
(#140)
Old

Car: 2007 BMW 335i
Default 09-16-2015, 11:06 AM

I installed mine last weekend. I chose to grind the bung down so my meth nozzle would sit flush. With the nozzle installed in the bottom bung it put my meth line too close to the alternator. I am going to get a 90* adapter to eliminate the possibility of the line rubbing. Fitting the pipe to the throttle body was a bit of a struggle. It was a VERY tight fit. I definitely don't have to worry about it leaking there. I had no issue installing the TMAP sensor it was snug but with some oil on the o-ring it snapped right in. The connectors and clamps were all good quality. Overall I was pleased with the quality for the price.

Thanks Terry!

E92 - JB4 G5, BB Flash, RB Turbos, BMS Meth, BMS DP, BMS DCI, ACT Race Clutch

Last edited by sy2639; 09-16-2015 at 11:14 AM..
(#141)
Old

Default 10-10-2015, 04:27 PM

The little brass plugs for the meth bungs, should those be screwed all the way down to the bottom. I didnt want to over tighten. Mine are slightly recessed below the top of the meth bung.
(#142)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-11-2015, 12:36 PM

Just tight enough. Don't over tighten it!

Burger Motorsports

(#143)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 10-11-2015, 05:00 PM

wish these came with a tial or hks flange ill be one of first to order
(#144)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 10-14-2015, 12:15 PM

I'll buy from someone if this will fit the 535i.

2010 535i E60 Alpine White M-Sport
(#145)
Old

Default 10-14-2015, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slenser
I'll buy from someone if this will fit the 535i.
It won't.
(#146)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 10-15-2015, 02:15 PM

Well damn...

2010 535i E60 Alpine White M-Sport
(#147)
Old

Car: E90 335i 2007
Default 04-11-2017, 12:55 PM

Sorry for thread bump but i couldnt see how to PM Terry. I bought one of these awhile ago and has been collecting dust in the garage till i tried to fit yesterday (stock diverter valve connection on the CP is now leaking). Turns out it doesnt fit despite grinding away with the dremel just wondering if its possible to sort out a return or an upgrade or something? Im not in the US though. Thanks
(#148)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-11-2017, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jin
Sorry for thread bump but i couldnt see how to PM Terry. I bought one of these awhile ago and has been collecting dust in the garage till i tried to fit yesterday (stock diverter valve connection on the CP is now leaking). Turns out it doesnt fit despite grinding away with the dremel just wondering if its possible to sort out a return or an upgrade or something? Im not in the US though. Thanks
Sure just email our sales department with your BMS order number and they can help sort it out for you.

Burger Motorsports

(#149)
Old

Car: E90 335i 2007
Default 04-11-2017, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Sure just email our sales department with your BMS order number and they can help sort it out for you.
Great thanks i just sent an email through.
(#150)
Old

Car: 2009 135i
Default 04-11-2017, 01:44 PM

I installed mine a few months back. Had to emery the hole for the sensor but no big deal. Works great in my opinion. Throttle body fit was good. Hard to justify spending more for a bent piece of aluminum pipe for my purposes.