(#226)
Old

Car: 2018 440i MSPPK
Default 08-11-2017, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Is it an F series or G series in 2018?
My car is an F32.

I've read that the G20 will be the MY 2019 3 series. BMW coupes seem to be released a couple of years after the sedans, so I suspect the new 4 series will arrive with the 2020 model year.

The F30 was released as a 2012 model, but BMW continued to sell the E92 as a 3 series coupe until the F32 came out as a 2014.
(#227)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-11-2017, 02:59 PM

It should work fine for you then. Let me know if it doesn't.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#228)
Old

Car: M235i
Default 09-12-2017, 08:03 PM

Forgive me for not reading though all 10 pages to see if this has been answered or not.

I have an evidently poor quality catted down-pipe that threw a code after not too long. I'm happy with my Stage 1 Module, and would have liked to go the JB4 route, but the lack of 93 octane gas made me settle. Anyway, I got the CAN Flap Module for that sweet, sweet additional sound, and the code suppression ability.

It clears the code, to an extent. I have about an 8 minute drive to the highway, where as I'm giving it just 50-60% throttle, the catalyst-related code pops up again. I've scanned to make sure it's the same one multiple times. Every day it requires me to have to cycle through the menu and clear the code, only for it to show up again. Maybe I didn't read something properly, but I was under the impression that it was a one-and-done deal, where it would constantly keep that specific CEL code at bay.

Please advise!
(#229)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-12-2017, 08:04 PM

Sorry, it doesn't do that. Code deletes are one time only.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#230)
Old

Car: M235i
Default 09-13-2017, 12:00 AM

Thanks for the clarification, Terry! I'm assuming the JB4 operates the same way?
(#231)
Old

Car: F80
Default 10-27-2017, 12:17 PM

A strange thing popped up recently on my F80 2016 M3. I was driving and pulled up to a traffic light, first noticed the power coming on and off and then saw the instrument cluster display was also turning on and off, illuminating all error signals and showing strange things like service due 10/2010. I tried turning the engine off but when turned back on, it was still doing it but after the light went green and I took off it seemed normal again… looked online and found it was something like this: http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1242061.

As it was a bit unnerving, I took the car in for a check. They upgraded the software but mentioned that the CAN Flap Module might have been a culprit. After a year with no problems, seemed strange but I wonder if anyone else has come across this? I have obviously kept my module installed, no issues so far...

Terry, I bought my module in July 2016, have there been any software updates on your end I have missed to avoid similar issues?
(#232)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-27-2017, 12:39 PM

Never heard of anything like that reported, don't see how it could be related.

Burger Motorsports

(#233)
Old

Car: F80
Default 10-27-2017, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Never heard of anything like that reported, don't see how it could be related.
Thanks Terry, that's what I said...

On my other question, has there been any other firmware update since July last year I should update my module with?
(#234)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-27-2017, 02:52 PM

There are no firmware updates for the CANtool.

Burger Motorsports

(#235)
Old

Default 01-07-2018, 02:10 PM

Terry,

How can I check the current software version? I connected the module using my BMS USB cable and it shows up under Windows Device Manager as TTL232R, but I can't see any way to access the software.

Thanks.
(#236)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-07-2018, 02:17 PM

In the JB4 interface its under "read only" on the user adjustment tab. If you don't have the JB4 software its linked in the first post.

Burger Motorsports

(#237)
Old

Default 01-25-2018, 01:19 AM

Quote:
In the JB4 interface its under "read only" on the user adjustment tab. If you don't have the JB4 software its linked in the first post.
The only link in the first post in this thread is to the BMS can flap module page.. which has a link that directs back to this thread.

Is this where I should get the software?

Quote:

This thread will be the single source of information for everything BMW B48/B58 JB4 related! Note both engines use the same hardware. The JB4 will detect the different during installation and map accordingly.

B48/B58 JB4 Install Guide: Latest Install Guide

JB4 Windows Interface: Latest Interface Download. When updating your interface you may need to first go to "add remove programs" and "remove" your previous JB4 interface. The B58 JB4 is fully compatible with JB4 Mobile and the REV2 & REV3 blue tooth adapters!

If you need directions on how to connect a laptop to your JB4 to update firmware or how to datalog Click here.
(#238)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-26-2018, 02:25 PM

We no longer have firmware published for the CANtool as there have been no updates in a long time now.

Burger Motorsports

(#239)
Old

Car: F82 M4
Default 02-13-2018, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Auto clear only works one way. When it's enabled (menu 4 showing blinker to the left) it clears passive faults. Real (active) faults continue to show a light in dash regardless of whether or not auto clear is enabled or disabled.
Is this feature still available for the latest Canflap Module purchased brand new from burgertuning.com?

http://www.burgertuning.com/f_series...odule_BMW.html

Last edited by DonSG; 02-13-2018 at 10:23 AM.. Reason: clarification
(#240)
Old

Car: 2016 BMW M4 F83 Cabriolet
Default Work with Competition Package Exhaust? - 04-17-2018, 07:15 AM

I've got a 2016 F83 with the Competition Package. I understand this is a totally different exhaust (has round 2 pin connectors to the flap motors instead of oval). Will the OBD Can Flap Module work on this setup?
(#241)
Old

Car: '15 435i F33
Default 04-22-2018, 12:49 PM

Can the CAN Flap Module be purchased in California?
(#242)
Old

Default 04-26-2018, 08:24 AM

Hey Terry,

So I received my CAN Flap Module and installed it yesterday in my 2018 F87 M2 - the exhaust flap functionality works perfect, but when I go into the menu, the tach needle wiggles erratically back and forth instead of stopping at each menu option. Is this a firmware issue maybe? How can I check to see if it has the latest firmware?

Thanks for your help, Terry
(#243)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-26-2018, 09:16 AM

We'll have to update the firmware for the new dash types.

Burger Motorsports

(#244)
Old

Default 05-04-2018, 05:21 PM

Quote:
We'll have to update the firmware for the new dash types.
Hi Terry,

Any new firmware update for this yet?

Thanks...
(#245)
Old

Car: bmw 535i
Default 09-25-2018, 07:56 AM

"Many more feautures to be added" ......
Have there been any updates to this Fxx Can Flap module since release back in 2015 ? Maybe i just missed them or cannot see them. Can u help out ?
(#246)
Old

Default 09-25-2018, 08:07 AM

I haven't seen any...Terry? Any updates for this? The new dash doesn't work correctly with the CAN FLAP firmware...
(#247)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-25-2018, 03:16 PM

No updates at this time. Once we crack the digital dash we'll update the CANflap at that time.

Burger Motorsports