N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#576)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-18-2019, 04:48 PM

You'd need a JB4 mobile blue tooth adapter and the JB4 mobile app, they are $170 combined.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#577)
Old

Car: 2019 raptor
Default 08-18-2019, 04:50 PM

i got the data cable only for my macbook. was wondering if i have to download an app to switch the programs
(#578)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-18-2019, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpas1973
i got the data cable only for my macbook. was wondering if i have to download an app to switch the programs
Oh, the data cable software is free and posted in the first post for windows. Mac software should be in here somewhere: JB4 Mobile - N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#579)
Old

Car: 2019 raptor
Default 08-18-2019, 05:04 PM

couldn't find anything on macbook software there
(#580)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-20-2019, 10:22 AM

Bottom of first post: JB4 Mobile for Apple and Android Smart Phone Support - N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

You'd have to ask any follow up question there as it's a 3rd party software. I've never used it.

Burger Motorsports

(#581)
Old

Car: 2018 F-150 Limited
Default 08-28-2019, 09:42 AM

Terry just installed a used JB4 in my 19 Limited (I had around for a year lol) and granted I have not downloaded the connect app yet--basically I just wanted to check it out real quick, But withen a few starts/drives it throws the P0236 code "Turbocharger Boost Sensor A Circuit Range/Performance" and pretty much the truck cannot get out of its own way lol....
(#582)
Old

Car: 2019 f150 2.7 Ecoboost
Default 08-28-2019, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecoldak
Terry just installed a used JB4 in my 19 Limited (I had around for a year lol) and granted I have not downloaded the connect app yet--basically I just wanted to check it out real quick, But withen a few starts/drives it throws the P0236 code "Turbocharger Boost Sensor A Circuit Range/Performance" and pretty much the truck cannot get out of its own way lol....
I recomend down loading the app. I updating to the latest firmware and seeing what happens.
(#583)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-28-2019, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecoldak
That sounds like a wiring issue to me. email in install photos to support@burgertuning.com. Did you open the enclosure at all? Sometimes customers knock a wire loose when doing the JB4 mobile attachment so double check all wires in there too. Maybe send a photo of the board in as well.

Burger Motorsports

(#584)
Old

Car: 2018 F-150 Limited
Default 08-28-2019, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
That sounds like a wiring issue to me. email in install photos to support@burgertuning.com. Did you open the enclosure at all? Sometimes customers knock a wire loose when doing the JB4 mobile attachment so double check all wires in there too. Maybe send a photo of the board in as well.
Ill open it up and check, I got it used and he said no issues with it---I hooked it up just like the instructions said Brown wires to front sensor and rainbow to the rear....Ill send you pictures as well!
(#585)
Old

Car: 2018 F-150 2.7
Default 09-02-2019, 06:02 PM

What user adjustment settings do you recommend? Do they affect all maps? Trying to track down underboost conditions?

WOOSH!
(#586)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-02-2019, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2.7Boosted-Brad
What user adjustment settings do you recommend? Do they affect all maps? Trying to track down underboost conditions?
Normally nothing needs to be changed, other than reducing boost in 1st gear if you need it.

Burger Motorsports

(#587)
Old

Car: 2018 F-150 2.7
Default 09-02-2019, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Normally nothing needs to be changed, other than reducing boost in 1st gear if you need it.
What are the default settings or what do you recommend?

WOOSH!
(#588)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-02-2019, 08:02 PM

They are all zero other than boost safety which can be set to say 21psi for more, little higher for those really pushing things.

Burger Motorsports

(#589)
Old

Car: 16 BMW M4
Default 09-06-2019, 05:46 PM

I traded my raptor in and gave my buddy my jb4 but he canít Get Bluetooth to talk to phone. It says kit not owned. How do I get past this?
(#590)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 09-09-2019, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowssm
I traded my raptor in and gave my buddy my jb4 but he canít Get Bluetooth to talk to phone. It says kit not owned. How do I get past this?
Email them, as it says to do

Support@Jb4connectkit.com

Burger Motorsports

(#591)
Old

Car: 335i Coupe
Default 09-17-2019, 12:24 PM

Removed JB4 for 3 weeks, no issues.
Installed ECO 7 update yesterday. CEL just popped up now.
(#592)
Old

Default 09-19-2019, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335imofo
Removed JB4 for 3 weeks, no issues.
Installed ECO 7 update yesterday. CEL just popped up now.
Update: I went to read the codes this morning, plugged in ODB cable and mysteriously the CEL went away when i looked back up. I dont get it.
(#593)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 09-19-2019, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Update: I went to read the codes this morning, plugged in ODB cable and mysteriously the CEL went away when i looked back up. I dont get it.
Could just be when installing the JB4 system when the ecu still wasn't asleep.
Simple tmap/map codes or something.

Burger Motorsports

(#594)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-24-2019, 05:12 PM

Quote:
What was the specific code? Unplugged things can cause a temporary CEL that will clear itself if battery isn't disconnected and car wakes up.

Burger Motorsports

(#595)
Old

Default 09-24-2019, 07:10 PM

Quote:
What was the specific code? Unplugged things can cause a temporary CEL that will clear itself if battery isn't disconnected and car wakes up.
Seems to be good now. Day 3 no CEL.
(#596)
Old

Car: 2018 Ford Raptor 2016 Corvette Z06 7speed
Default 11-07-2019, 12:27 PM

Hey Terry, can you please check out these logs. Are they ok? I have 2 logs from Map 3 and 2 from Map 5. I am running a 93 octane gas. S&B intake, turbosmart BOV, borla attak exhaust.

Thanks,
Arthur
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-11-07 12_40_17_Map-3.csv (9.7 KB, 1 views)
File Type: csv 2019-11-07 12_41_44_Map-3.csv (8.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: csv 2019-11-07 14_06_57_Map-5.csv (12.4 KB, 1 views)
File Type: csv 2019-11-07 14_08_03_Map-5.csv (14.4 KB, 1 views)
(#597)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-07-2019, 05:17 PM

I can see fuel pressure starting to drop here especially on map5, so map3 is probably a better fit for your truck.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#598)
Old

Car: 2018 Ford Raptor 2016 Corvette Z06 7speed
Default 11-07-2019, 05:31 PM

Great thanks!