N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: X3 M40i
Default New JB4 Install Log Check please - 01-06-2019, 06:49 PM

Hello all,

Im looking to see if someone can look over these logs for me to make sure my install went okay?

2018 X3 M40i B58
Car is fully stock
91 OCT
MAP 1

I didnt notice any difference in power from stock.....

I notice my target never went over 3. I thought it should be close to boost?
Is there anything wrong with these graphs or logs?
Just want to make sure the install and Jb4 are acting healthy.

2 logs attached and graphs (3rd gear and 4th gear) used Jb4 mobile to log.

Thank you in advance and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

3rd gear graph

4th gear graph
Attached Files
File Type: csv 3rd gear.csv (16.7 KB, 103 views)
File Type: csv 4th gear.csv (23.1 KB, 101 views)

Last edited by eliteskills; 01-06-2019 at 07:13 PM..
(#2)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 01-07-2019, 09:25 AM

You're making 3psi over stock in the logs, they all look healthy.
You have a lot of timing drops though, could be a bad batch of 91 octane.
Do you have any access to e85 or octane booster?
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Car: X3 M40i
Default 01-07-2019, 11:58 AM

Thank you for your help. I live in California so we are stuck with 91oct. I can see if I can get E85 or mix 100oct in and go for MAP 2.

I was under the impression from other logs that my TARGET needed to be within 1-2psi from my BOOST. I assumed something was wrong as it stayed at 3.0 the whole time.

This is my first JB4 on any car. I installed it myself.
Unfortunately that makes MAP 1 really disappointing for me. I notice no increase of power over stock. I read so many reviews on people claiming a night and day difference before I purchased. I guess those people are running different maps with extra bolt ons?
(#4)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 01-07-2019, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliteskills
Thank you for your help. I live in California so we are stuck with 91oct. I can see if I can get E85 or mix 100oct in and go for MAP 2.

I was under the impression from other logs that my TARGET needed to be within 1-2psi from my BOOST. I assumed something was wrong as it stayed at 3.0 the whole time.

This is my first JB4 on any car. I installed it myself.
Unfortunately that makes MAP 1 really disappointing for me. I notice no increase of power over stock. I read so many reviews on people claiming a night and day difference before I purchased. I guess those people are running different maps with extra bolt ons?
More than likely it's just a bad batch of gas. You're pulling a lot of timing, so that's hindering your power and performance. Mix in 2 gallons of e85 and get another log.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.