N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1051)
Old

Car: 335d
Default 09-08-2020, 01:23 PM

FYI...was zipping around on the freeway using manual more over the weekend (vs Sport mode), and pretty quickly hit a reduced throttle situation(low boost). I'll keep emphasizing manual mode but so far hasn't helped.
(#1052)
Old

Car: Audi RS3
Default 09-20-2020, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot
FYI...was zipping around on the freeway using manual more over the weekend (vs Sport mode), and pretty quickly hit a reduced throttle situation(low boost). I'll keep emphasizing manual mode but so far hasn't helped.

I rarely get the no boost problem but like yourself I was using manual mode and hot no boost a few times.
(#1053)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-20-2020, 08:32 AM

I think the issue has to do with actual boost jumping slightly over requested boost at times so the problem being more prevalent when manually shifting would be consistent with that.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1054)
Old
Legend

Car: '07 335i Sedan, Built & Blown '08 Mustang Bullitt
Default 09-20-2020, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
I think the issue has to do with actual boost jumping slightly over requested boost at times so the problem being more prevalent when manually shifting would be consistent with that.
And more prevalent in different ambient weather conditions.

2018 Audi RS3 | APR Stage 1 E85 and 91 Flashes | JB4 for Logging

SOLD: 2017 F36 440i Gran Coupe | PS2 | MPPSK | Track Handling Package | JB4

SOLD: 2007 E90 335i | PS2's | JB4 | FBO | 160k+ miles on the car, 120k+ miles on the JB4

Log, log, then log some more...
(#1055)
Old

Car: RS3
Default 09-20-2020, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
I hardly use the paddles...
Does that explain why it happens in map-0?

2018 Audi RS3
2013 Mazdaspeed3
2007 Acura TSX
(#1056)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-20-2020, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tegxsi
I hardly use the paddles...
Does that explain why it happens in map-0?
No the map0 trigger remains a mystery. There must be some signal manipulation going on at some point accidentally despite everything appearing to be in pass through mode.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1057)
Old

Car: 2018 rs3
Default 09-28-2020, 06:56 PM

I hope that JB4 will carry out rigorous testing before launching the product, instead of consuming customers’ time and energy.All of our users have wasted a long time for this product, some for more than a year, some months, but this should not be what we should do, I think most of the patience has been exhausted
(#1058)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-28-2020, 09:01 PM

The situation with this BETA product is what it is. The JB4 user base for this platform grows weekly and the gears are always turning trying to resolve issues and make improvements for those customers who report them. There still remains a relatively few reports of the low boost issue but we'll keep trying things on this end to resolve it.

Burger Motorsports

(#1059)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-28-2020, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-800
Another update,

Another 2 weeks of running the JB4 just plugged into the bottom boost sensor / OBD port and nothing else.

Not had the low boost issue or funny idle behaviour since reconnecting it this way.

Map 1.
Always happy to get feedback here but we're not going to comment on every post.

Burger Motorsports

(#1060)
Old

Car: 335d
Default 09-29-2020, 02:29 PM

Hey Terry...when did T-800 post that update? How long do you run a Beta...seems like this one has been running much longer than usual? I guess you also think just because you're not getting regular reports of the low boost(no throttle) issue happening...there are "few" occurrences at this point? I'm not quite buying that. If using just the bottom boost sensor and OBD connection seems to be yielding such good results...why not post it as a viable suggestion along with any considerations or impacts when doing such..??
(#1061)
Old

Default 10-13-2020, 06:20 PM

Has there been no progress for a long time?
(#1062)
Old

Car: Audi RS3
Default 10-14-2020, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt1841
And more prevalent in different ambient weather conditions.
As the weather has been warming up I have been getting more no boost events.

At the moment it feels like I have permanent no boost. I took the jb4 off to put the car in for a service, it certainly feels a bid dead without the assistance of map 5 .
(#1063)
Old

Default 10-14-2020, 06:22 AM

It is indeed easier to trigger errors when the temperature is high
(#1064)
Old

Car: RS3
Default 10-14-2020, 03:57 PM

I was using JB4 on map-0 just for monitoring but the no boost was getting annoying.
I removed the unit and went back to the P3 gauge.

2018 Audi RS3
2013 Mazdaspeed3
2007 Acura TSX
(#1065)
Old

Default 10-22-2020, 05:02 PM

Using V10 FUA=0, Low boost occurs, but very accidentally
(#1066)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-23-2020, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc61940542
Using V10 FUA=0, Low boost occurs, but very accidentally
Thanks for the feedback. Haven't spent much time with the TTRS lately but we'll continue to mull over firmware changes that may help.

Burger Motorsports