N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2011 335i
Default DME comm issue, boost issue.LOG review Please help - 06-16-2019, 04:30 PM

I have never posted before, every issue I have had in the past I've been able to find a thread on, Not this one

Problem 1.
Two months ago I installed a VRSF intercooler and at the same time did a BEF via MHD. Only had one issue, every time I start the car I get a 36BE error. Wouldn't know it was there if I didn't check codes constantly. Only thing I can find is it's a communication error of sorts. I have tried going back to stock and reflashing, updating firmware, verifying everything I can think of. doesn't seem to negatively effect anything but is a little off putting. Any input?

Problem 2.
A week after install of the aforementioned I started to notice that if I was in 5th ( car is an auto) and accelerated moderately or hard I heard what sounds like the diverter valve bleeding boost and the car accelerates like stock. The Boost gauge on the Connect app shows I'm boosting but again I sounds like its bleeding off. I got back under the car checked all the new connections a tightened them a touch more, Tried again with the same results. I started pulling in every gear, 1st-2nd no issue seen, 3rd will do the same thing, 4th will do it but not as frequent as 3rd and 5th, 5th same issue, 6th is a bit different. In 6th the car will boost no problem but I noticed the PSI is higher than it should consistently over 20PSI ( I have seen the little gauge pinned at 25) if I continue to accelerate for more than a few seconds JB4 steps in and sends me to MAP 4. I have not had a single code come up for any of this, makes it even harder to diagnose. Car has 100k on it so I think I have a case of faulty equipment exposed after modification.

With all the research, I am thinking a Boost solenoid or a faulty DV but I cant pin it down. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Ive attached logs for review as well.
Car: 2011 E90 N55
Mod List:
JB4 with connect
VRSF 7" intercooler and ********
BMS intake/ charge pipe
PUMP BEF via MHD
Running E30

Last edited by Duellsmith; 06-16-2019 at 04:36 PM.. Reason: Forgot to add Mod list and car
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-16-2019, 07:41 PM

It's definitely hitting some sort of a limiter here in 6th. Maybe a flash issue? As a test you could load back the stock flash (stage0), select say map1, and try to recreate it so we know.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Default 06-16-2019, 07:45 PM

Terry thank you, I will do that in the morning and post it when I get to work.
(#4)
Old

Default New logs without BEF - 06-17-2019, 07:44 AM

Morning Terry! This morning I flashed back to stock, I noticed the DME comm. error is still present and I have attached logs in MAP1,5,2. 6th gear map 2 after a few seconds of WOT It sends me into limp and I got a 36C9 code. I'm not very good at reading logs so any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by Duellsmith; 06-19-2019 at 06:41 AM.. Reason: Mistake