N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#51)
Old

Car: Genesis G70 3.3T
Default 06-14-2019, 12:40 PM

Alright folks...I am trying to get a group buy going here.

I spoke with Ryan and he said he would do that.

Thanks TeamTonka for getting this going !!! You are awesome.

Please officially reference the very first post. Details will be there.

2019 Genesis G70 3.3T AWD Sport
(#52)
Old

Default 06-14-2019, 12:46 PM

Group Buy tally...

Beefer needs 2

** If you are interested...copy the above and reply with it and add yourself...keep a running tally going...thank you.

(#53)
Old

Car: Stinger
Default 06-14-2019, 12:49 PM

Group Buy tally...

Beefer need a set
Robz need a set

** If you are interested...copy the above and reply with it and add yourself...keep a running tally going...A set = 2 harnesses (one for each side)...thank you.***
(#54)
Old

Car: Genesis G80 Sport
Default 06-14-2019, 01:01 PM

Group Buy tally...

Beefer need a set
Robz need a set
dareckibmw need a set

** If you are interested...copy the above and reply with it and add yourself...keep a running tally going...A set = 2 harnesses (one for each side)...thank you.***
(#55)
Old

Default 06-14-2019, 02:06 PM

@Beefer Do you know if they are going to be adding any shielding to the harness?
Being very close to the cats and beside the engine, temperatures get pretty high in those spots due to the limited amount of air flow.

Shielding and high temp wire are a must for this application.
(#56)
Old

Default 06-14-2019, 02:41 PM

^ not sure...I’ll have to inquire. I’m sure it can be arranged.

(#57)
Old

Car: 2019 STINGER GT2
Default 06-14-2019, 02:44 PM

Group Buy tally...

Beefer need a set
Robz need a set
dareckibmw need a set
RUFFSTUFF needs this! (a set)

(#58)
Old

Default 06-14-2019, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robz
@Beefer Do you know if they are going to be adding any shielding to the harness?
Being very close to the cats and beside the engine, temperatures get pretty high in those spots due to the limited amount of air flow.

Shielding and high temp wire are a must for this application.
I called them.

The wire they use is high temp wire. He actually praised it how bad ass it is. You can take a torch to them.

As for the plugs and shielding...there is none. But he says they match the plugs in the car already...same source. So the plugs in the car are not wrapped in any shielding...so I think we are good to go.

If you want any sort of shielding for the the plugs...you are on your own.

(#59)
Old

Default 06-16-2019, 10:05 AM

Understood. Thanks for reaching out to them. I was mainly inquiring about shielding for the wiring, I know the plugs can withstand the extreme temperatures.
(#60)
Old

Default 06-16-2019, 03:23 PM

^ gotcha...so we’re good to go!

Only 4 peeps so far...ouch.

(#61)
Old

Car: G70
Default 06-16-2019, 06:01 PM

I put regular plastic corrugate wire loom around mine...

Quote:
Originally Posted by robz
Understood. Thanks for reaching out to them. I was mainly inquiring about shielding for the wiring, I know the plugs can withstand the extreme temperatures.
(#62)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-16-2019, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Tonka
Great question on the below, and how would one know? I'd assume a person could splice into the "red" wire in the main OEM wire harness and the fuel wires would work the same?

This is on Ebay now. Would have to take off the sheave over the wires and tap/splice into the "red" wire. But, it would allow for easy removal and a plug/play solution...
12 LSU4.9 WBO2 Bosch Wideband O2 Sensor Extension Harness Cable LSU 4.9 AEM AFR | eBay
FWIW this harness fit our Stinger... Someone reported fitment issues with it? Wonder if there are two sensor connector systems floating around?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#63)
Old

Car: Veloster N
Default 06-17-2019, 04:14 AM

Will this fuel wire setup also work for the Veloster N?
(#64)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 06-17-2019, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBVN
Will this fuel wire setup also work for the Veloster N?
We haven't tried it, yet. The Veloster is 4 cylinder so it's a bit different. We'll have to evaluate it.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#65)
Old

Default 06-19-2019, 02:10 AM

Well...I’m kind of in shock we only have 4 people interested in the Fuel Wire harness.

I will go to him with that. Don’t expect too much of a discount though

(#66)
Old

Default 06-19-2019, 09:15 AM

Well if you figure out what works for the Veloster N I'm all in.
(#67)
Old

Default 06-19-2019, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefer
Well...Iím kind of in shock we only have 4 people interested in the Fuel Wire harness.

I will go to him with that. Donít expect too much of a discount though
Maybe word isn't getting out or the price is just a little too high... I would bet most likely that it's the price.
(#68)
Old

Default 06-19-2019, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUFFSTUFF
Maybe word isn't getting out or the price is just a little too high... I would bet most likely that it's the price.
Well...I have a link to this over on the G70 forum.

Perhaps we need one on some Stinger forum also pointing over to this thread.

(#69)
Old

Default 06-19-2019, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBVN
Well if you figure out what works for the Veloster N I'm all in.
Access to the O2 sensor is way more convenient on your car compared to the 2.0T Stinger or G70.
Can you unplug the harness and take pictures of both male and female sides as well as overall exterior pics? It will help identify the type of connectors we need for the 2.0T.
(#70)
Old

Default 06-19-2019, 01:47 PM

Group Buy Update...

Looks like pricing got messed up. I just got off the phone with them and updated the very first post...head on over there to catch up.

(#71)
Old

Default 06-19-2019, 09:03 PM

<--- Wondering if Tonka has gotten his logs looked at yet...
(#72)
Old

Default 06-19-2019, 09:19 PM

Ok I will try this weekend.
(#73)
Old

Default 06-20-2019, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUFFSTUFF
<--- Wondering if Tonka has gotten his logs looked at yet...
I did post one, he didn't see any issue. Told me to do a longer run to confirm as I don't think fuel wires do much except when going over 90mph? I don't have any roads around me to get going much faster than that w/o seeing those blue/red flashing lights. And now there is a crack down on speeding for the next few weeks so all fun is being wrecked.

Last edited by Team Tonka; 06-20-2019 at 10:59 AM..
(#74)
Old

Default 06-20-2019, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Tonka
I did post one, he didn't see any issue. Told me to do a longer run to confirm as I don't think fuel wires do much except when going over 90mph? I don't have any roads around me to get going much faster than that w/o seeing those blue/red flashing lights. And now there is a crack down on speeding for the next few weeks so all fun is being wreaked.
Aha! I must have missed it, thanks.
(#75)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-25-2019, 02:32 PM

Found the connectors and made a couple sample adapters. Ours will look like this. Around 3" long and simply plug in to the o2 sensor harness. Then you add the JB4 posi-tap to the jumper wire. Will take a few weeks to get them made and retail price will be $59 for the pair.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports