N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Vintage

Car: F10 N55 PWG
Default Any hope in a 63 M157 AMG jb4 tune? - 09-13-2018, 10:55 AM

As the market for these cars are flash tune that sell in excess of $3,000,
I think with all the cars that the M157 V8 TT AMG engine is in, it might be worth a shot! I know alot of guys on the mbworld side would jump on this today.
CLS63, E, GL, GLE, SL, S, etc..

2014 F10 535i N55 PWG
(#2)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 09-14-2018, 11:12 AM

For now we are starting with the M177. If we get enough hits, and Terry is happy who knows. Maybe there will be a Jb4 for M157 too

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Car: 435i
Default 11-19-2018, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
For now we are starting with the M177. If we get enough hits, and Terry is happy who knows. Maybe there will be a Jb4 for M157 too
E63s use the same engine as c63, can I use the c63ís jb4 on my e63s??

2014 435I xdrive EWG , JB4, Meth kit(cm10), ER CP, ER ca tl ess **, Stock tubo
(#4)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 11-19-2018, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shidayuan
E63s use the same engine as c63, can I use the c63’s jb4 on my e63s??
The M177/M178, yes.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old

Car: 435i
Default 11-19-2018, 12:03 PM

Quote:
The M177/M178, yes.
I will get one

2014 435I xdrive EWG , JB4, Meth kit(cm10), ER CP, ER ca tl ess **, Stock tubo
(#6)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 11-19-2018, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shidayuan
I will get one
Couple more weeks! Right before xmas from what I know.

Burger Motorsports

(#7)
Old

Car: Volkswagen GOLF R
Default 02-01-2019, 06:03 AM

when will the jb4 be available for a 2014 mercedes e63
(#8)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-01-2019, 06:21 PM

Email jon@burgertuning.com, our current C63 system might be compatible.

Burger Motorsports

(#9)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 02-02-2019, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Email jon@burgertuning.com, our current C63 system might be compatible.
Not compatible

Burger Motorsports

(#10)
Old
Shake n' Bake

Car: 08 E92 335i
Default 02-08-2019, 03:06 PM

I bought a Biturbo E63 some years back with the hopes of a JB4 coming to market for the M157. So another bump for the tune.

JB4 w/BEF-E85/Alpina TFlash/DCI/Inlets/BT Intercooler/AR Elbow/Dual Meth M8/M5/Al CP w/BOV/3.5 bar TMAP/Index 12 Injectors/Boost a Pump/Silicone Vacuum lines/BMS OCC/RB External PCV/Mishimoto OCC/Plugged Ports/3''DownBreathers/MFactory LSD/Black Al Wrapped Trim/Android CCC upgrade w/JB4app/Matte White Wrap/Matte Black Kidneys/MTech Front Lip&Skirts/Angel Eyes/ Fogs&Corners/Smoked Turning Lights/Coilovers/Drilled&Slotted Rotors/19''M405s on 235/275/69K miles
(#11)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-09-2019, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Not compatible
Bummer! Different sensor connectors?

Burger Motorsports

(#12)
Old
Shake n' Bake

Default 02-10-2019, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5soko
As the market for these cars are flash tune that sell in excess of $3,000,
I think with all the cars that the M157 V8 TT AMG engine is in, it might be worth a shot! I know alot of guys on the mbworld side would jump on this today.
CLS63, E, GL, GLE, SL, S, etc..
Check out this available piggyback:

Mercedes Chip Tuning - Performance Chip by RaceChip

Price point is similar to a JB4 with smartphone control.

On an additional note, I can't believe the lowest price for a upgraded intake I have found is 500 bucks...it's basically a better breathing filter and a quarter inch spacer bracket with a some extended bolts. Burger tuning could clean up on both of these.

JB4 w/BEF-E85/Alpina TFlash/DCI/Inlets/BT Intercooler/AR Elbow/Dual Meth M8/M5/Al CP w/BOV/3.5 bar TMAP/Index 12 Injectors/Boost a Pump/Silicone Vacuum lines/BMS OCC/RB External PCV/Mishimoto OCC/Plugged Ports/3''DownBreathers/MFactory LSD/Black Al Wrapped Trim/Android CCC upgrade w/JB4app/Matte White Wrap/Matte Black Kidneys/MTech Front Lip&Skirts/Angel Eyes/ Fogs&Corners/Smoked Turning Lights/Coilovers/Drilled&Slotted Rotors/19''M405s on 235/275/69K miles
(#13)
Old
Shake n' Bake

Default 02-10-2019, 07:06 AM

OE tuning has a ODBII flasher for our models now too, so no need to bench flash but the flash and tune together is still 1800 bucks.

(#14)
Old
Vintage

Car: F10 N55 PWG
Default 05-27-2019, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guth310
OE tuning has a ODBII flasher for our models now too, so no need to bench flash but the flash and tune together is still 1800 bucks.
Been searching for months, everything is so expensive for flash tunes for the M157, and just now are they coming out with at home OBD flashing, so that is a step in the right direction but my god.

2014 F10 535i N55 PWG
(#15)
Old

Car: 2012 CTS-V Wagon/2011 X5M
Default 06-16-2019, 05:12 PM

+1 to looking for JB4 support for the M157 -

I have a 2014 E63s AMG with an AMS Alpha9 build (upgraded turbos + tune + cooling) on it and for many reasons I'm very interested in adding a JB4 on top.
(#16)
Old

Default 06-24-2019, 10:00 AM

Just took my '14 e63s wagon out to a 1/2 mile air strip attack event this weekend in Colorado and boy does my car not like being heat soaked. Would love to explore using jb4 + meth injection on my car...
(#17)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-24-2019, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tremek
Just took my '14 e63s wagon out to a 1/2 mile air strip attack event this weekend in Colorado and boy does my car not like being heat soaked. Would love to explore using jb4 + meth injection on my car...
Yes, those cars are very prone to heatsoaking. I'm looking into the M157 motor.
Hopefully we'll have a JB4 system out soon!

Burger Motorsports

(#18)
Old

Default 06-24-2019, 10:58 AM

Awesome. I'm game for being an early adopter. Have HPTuner's new MPVI on its way through their upgrade program for doing datalogging and will be putting a wideband in the car shortly for good data.
(#19)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-24-2019, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tremek
Awesome. I'm game for being an early adopter. Have HPTuner's new MPVI on its way through their upgrade program for doing datalogging and will be putting a wideband in the car shortly for good data.
You got it man. Where are you located by the way?

Burger Motorsports

(#20)
Old

Default 06-24-2019, 11:31 AM

In the Denver suburbs, so if you want bad DA torture tests, I'm your guy.