N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 08 e90 335xi
Default Greetings from Ohio - 04-14-2019, 12:13 PM

I just wanted to stop in and introduce myself. I just recently bought a 335xi [E90]. I've been looking one for a while, believe this is my 6th Bmw through out the years. (E30,E46,E90)

Found a 08 335xi via Facebook for $4700, which was about my price range. Hoped for a manual but an auto would work for getting my foot in the door and hands on (aka a learning car).

117k on the motor, salvage title, Dci, h&r street coilovers, jb3 and trans flash. Oil seepage from oil filter housing, no discoloration in coolant, assumed oil change was in order and the car has been coded via double hazards.

After purchasing the car for a thousand less then asking price, I was on my way home thrilled I finally got a turbo platform to play with once again. The thrill was short lived once I came to a redlight, transmission set into limp mode. Key off, key on, get home and inspect.

Replaced, Medtronic sleeves, fluid and that seemed to do the trick. While the car was in the air, I noticed the car wasn't as AWD as I thought it was. haha

A learning experience it has been so far, I knew their would be issues once I dug into the car. I'll bring you guys along for the journey if you stay tuned.

I'll upload some pictures as well here shortly
(#2)
Old

Car: 2007 335i
Default 04-15-2019, 07:34 PM

Welcome aboard. There are lots of useful discussions around here.
(#3)
Old

Car: 08 535i 6spd
Default 04-16-2019, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohios52carter
I just wanted to stop in and introduce myself. I just recently bought a 335xi [E90]. I've been looking one for a while, believe this is my 6th Bmw through out the years. (E30,E46,E90)

Found a 08 335xi via Facebook for $4700, which was about my price range. Hoped for a manual but an auto would work for getting my foot in the door and hands on (aka a learning car).

117k on the motor, salvage title, Dci, h&r street coilovers, jb3 and trans flash. Oil seepage from oil filter housing, no discoloration in coolant, assumed oil change was in order and the car has been coded via double hazards.

After purchasing the car for a thousand less then asking price, I was on my way home thrilled I finally got a turbo platform to play with once again. The thrill was short lived once I came to a redlight, transmission set into limp mode. Key off, key on, get home and inspect.

Replaced, Medtronic sleeves, fluid and that seemed to do the trick. While the car was in the air, I noticed the car wasn't as AWD as I thought it was. haha

A learning experience it has been so far, I knew their would be issues once I dug into the car. I'll bring you guys along for the journey if you stay tuned.

I'll upload some pictures as well here shortly
What part of Ohio? Im in Dayton.

2008 E60 535i 6speed Sport Suspension
JB4, MHD BEF, DCI, D0wnp1pes, OCC
(#4)
Old

Car: 08 e90 335xi
Default 04-16-2019, 09:24 AM

Between Columbus and Cleveland